Your Email Address:

First Name:

here's my story please give me some advice

Tell us your story with bad breath
pertmcv
Total Newbie

here's my story please give me some advice

Post by pertmcv »

Hello I just want to share my story and maybe if I'm lucky I may find someone has the same condition as me and help me out. I know this website for a really long time but this is the first time I write something.

I notice I have bad breath since I was very young. I think I was 8 or 9. That night my dad noticed my breath and told me to go brush my teeth. When I came back after brushing, he said the smell came from my nose too. But you know I was very young and stupid what should I know so I carry on living lol. And to this day I'm still thinking why parents don't give a shit about breath they know it's annoying but they NEVER take me to the dentist. They even get mad when I told them to take me to the dentist wtf but we will get to that later. So through my elementary school I got some few comments like: how many times do you brush your teeth, your mouth stinks. That's all I remember. I must admit I didn't think much about my breath back in those days. Till I went to secondary school. This time my dad directly told me to sit down and said I had bad breath and told me I should avoid people don't talk too much blah blah. Wow nice dad. But it was a serious talk lol so I was like okay okay I get it. I was like 11 or 12. But you know what, at that time bad breath didn't affect my life yet. You know people say..Ignorance is bliss! I had some close girlfriends. I laughed a lot. I loved hanging out with my friends. I don't know how my friends put up with me but NONE of them told me I have bad breath. They made my life pretty easy I must say. When secondary school was over, one night I asked my best of best friend. It was the first time I talked about this subject to people. I asked her: do I have bad breath. She said: no. And I kept insisting: are you sure? and she kept telling me no. It goes for like 30 minutes okay? Lol I can't at her she was scared of hurting my feeling it's okay but months later I found out telling your friends about this problem will make the situation awkward. I don't say it destroyed our friendship but I rarely seen her for years and idk I find it pretty awkward to talk to her again. So first lesson learned. Beware you can't share this with everybody. Although it makes you feel relieved and understood, it's still not worth it.

My life became a living hell when I started high school, which means I'm getting smarter and having real feeling lol. First, the awkward conversation with the teachers. I'm not the best kid in class but my grades are pretty good so they always call on me. And damn I think they all know. I'm so embarrassed. I don't even want to speak. I'd rather had a bad grade than let them know. It was awful. My friends are very mean but I can't blame them. I notice a lot of people covering their nose, some even pick their nose lol. I swear some of them really care about my feeling lol. It hurts tho. I want to laugh and cry at the same time. I was walking with this one girl and she said very quiet and quick: "ur mouth stinks". I heard her very clearly but I pretend I didn't and I said: "what" with an innocent face. She immediately said: "nothing" and changed to the irrelevant subject hahaha what I am telling you guys

Btw that story was 2 years ago. I am now almost 18. I'm in senior year. I'm gonna have the exit examination next month and the college entrance examination in July (which is really important). Needless to say this problem is destroying my life bit by bit. I don't want to study. I think a lot. What's the point of getting into college? How can I get a job with this condition? How can I marry? How can I have kids? I just want to stay in my bed sleeping or crawl into a hole and die. Every night I pray I don't have to wake up the next morning. My dad wants me to go to this very good college. But it costs my family lots of money and I think if I'm not able to be successful, why the hell wasting such money I could use them to go to a normal college and use that money to enjoy my life (umm I'm sure they wouldn't let me touch that money but at least they could use that money to fix the house, go travel i mean it's lots of money and they could do lots of things with it.) And another reason is if i go to that college I need to be active and sociable and hell no I don't want to. It would make my life miserable. On the other hand the normal college is pretty tedious and boring yeah it definitely makes my life less miserable.

On details about my bad breath: I went to the dentist first. 2 different places. Both said there's no problem with my teeth. I know that too. My gums look healthy and my teeth is white and clean (than most of my friends). And what the heck could be wrong with an 8 year old kid's teeth?? It's definitely something else. And is that the reason why my parents didn't take me to the dentist they knew it wouldn't help *roll eyes* well but what's the problem with go cleaning my teeth and cross out the reason doesn't cause my bad breath? They don't help me. They could have told me nicely hey it wasn't your teeth or something like that. No. When I asked them they said no and no till I couldn't take it anymore and burst out into tears then they finally agreed to take me. But they showed some attitude like wtf why they're mad I'm supposed to be the mad person here. This is absurd. I hate crying so much but whenever I talk about this subject I'm about to cry anytime. Okay so I went to the doctor. He said I had GERD and H Pylori. He gave me medicines but it didn't help. Well actually it kinda alleviated the smell I think I notice people's body language it's still there but it's not that terrible. But when I stop taking the pills the smell came back. I read a lot about this online and I feel hopeless maybe my parents were right there's no point going to the doctor this thing is like incurable. But I still try to find a way.

Metronidazole
Clarithromycin (on the third day my body refused to take these so I puked and even had a day off from school)
Baking soda mouthwash
Zinc (take these after meal unless you want to puke)
digestive enzyme
Omeprazole
Probiotics

I don't say none of these works. It kinda does actually, just no so much. Right now I'm not taking any pills so this is what I feel. Normally I always have this taste in the back of my tongue no matter what I eat, the taste is there. BUT, when I take those pills, I DO NOT HAVE ANY TASTE. My mouth feels very clean. BUT, the smell is still there. I can see it easily by people's reaction. I even put my finger in my tongue and smell it: nothing. It's quite strange. Right now idk if i should continue to taking those pills it seems harmless now and even relieve me a little bit the only reason I'm not taking right now is I have a week off but next week I have class again so I'm very worried. Recently I read about post nasal drip. I think I have it. I sneeze a lot when season changes. When I do the nasal irrigation (with salt baking soda water mixture), I can feel the drips back in my throat like 10 minutes after. And PND causes GERD so I'm pretty sure I have it. I can feel the mucus it's yuck. Although I cannot smell my breath. I have no ****ing idea. Even in the morning I try to yawn or stand in front of the mirror, I cannot smell it. I can only tell by people's reaction. I'm very insecure when I heard breath can stink up the room. I think my mom can smell my room she always opens the door in the morning but when I leave and walk in and sniff I smell absolutely nothing. No my nose is not deaf. This thing is just so weird.

And yeah eating mints really make it worse. I often say no when people offer me gum. They just don't understand. But if people insist I just take it lol so they know and never ask me to take gum again. Oh and I stop eating dairy food: milk, cheese, pizza... I don't even eat meat anymore just veggie oh my god I'm becoming a plant. Oh and I heard we shouldn't eat beans so I cut down beans too. I love to eat food so much but because of this thing I can't enjoy my life anymore :( IN EVERY WAY. Scraping tongue is a good thing but not helping. Drinking baking soda not helping (yes I don't just gargle I drink it too). Brushing and flossing umm if the problem is not from your mouth then it's definitely not helping. But it's good to show people that you DO take care of yourself. People will be less grossed out so do it :D

That's all I know. If anyone has the same condition as me please tell me. Share your thoughts. Help me out because I'm dying. Give me some advices because I'm really lost and desperate. If you want to talk, message me, email or whatever. I'd like to be your friends. We could share our daily life, help each others out. I added this guy on facebook a few days ago I think it's good having somebody to talk to. I use my real facebook but this guy used his fake one at first I understand you don't want to reveal your identity but after a conversation he decided to trust me and gave me his real facebook. I think it's not a secret c'mon all your friends know just don't post shits on people's timeline that would be fine. SORRY I RAMBLE A LOT. Eh I don't know why I sound so talkative writing this but I actually cry a lot and depressed and not this kind of positive. Okay I should stop. Please give me your opinions. Thank you.

meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I have bb and my son is 7 and he has really bad breath but only in the morning, it smells like rotten food, and his gas smells really really bad too. He is much improved when I take him off of processed foods, especially lunch meat or hot dogs. I improved a great deal recently whn I took milk of magnesia for 3 days straiht, I got a lot of poop out that would have been just stuck in me if it wasn't for the milk of mag. I also never semelled anything when I would lick my wrist and smell it, whcihc would still make sense that is toxic poop buildup, iv been constipated since I was like 4 or 5
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

Yes I really think that chronic constipation for years is a cause for bad breath.I have it since i was 4.Chronic constipation leads to buld up tha bad bacteria in the body.And due to that bad breath leads to PATM.So now I don't have bad breath,don't have constipation,but still have Patm reactions.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic