Your Email Address:

First Name:

going on a trip to see a girl, but i badly need help too

Tell us your story with bad breath
halo-sux
Total Newbie

going on a trip to see a girl, but i badly need help too

Post by halo-sux »

hi everyone, first time poster, long time lurker.

like most of you, i suffer BB for who knows how long already. tried a lot of home remedies already and the only good thing that has happened to me so far is my BB needs to be almost face to face for someone to smell it. so now sharing that, the biggest problem for me is coming at hand.

here's a little background story. since highschool, people have been commenting about my BB and it persisted until my university life. you know the drill, people covering their nose, bodies reclining backwards, making weird faces at you when you talk. it bothered me to the point of researching hard about what causes it and whatnot despite having a very good oral hygiene (and eventually i ran into this forum). tried peroxide, oil pulling, baking soda, salt, lots of water, etc. now i only have to be talking face to face to someone before they could smell it, but that's not enough for me. i get so jealous everytime i see people enjoying themselves and talking and laughing to each other at almost a kissing proximity. sooo jealous.

but for years i thought this level of BB of mine would be fine since after graduating university, i got a job as a freelancer, working inside the comfort of my home. so no people to talk to in person and be anxious about my BB. but sorry, i will get to the big problem i was trying to talk about.

i have this female friend of mine and i knew her for a long time. she was in a relationship for a very long time and then recently she goes single. our communication (through facebook chat) began increasing and increasing each day until i realized we were already flirting with each other. and then it happened. in the end we ended up liking each other and she said she wants to see me in person. we live countries apart. at first i felt so excited, until i was reminded of my BB situation. and since i said "yes i'll come and give you a visit". the anxiety kicked in more than ever, attacking my psyche like the end of the world is coming.

she's a beautiful woman with a very fun personality. i'm a fairly handsome guy too but this BB situation have curb stomped my self-esteem ever since i was a highschooler. a normal person would be excited for something like this but for me, each day that passes without my BB improving gives me a deep sinking feeling. anxious and scared that the moment we talk to each other, especially face to face, she will shoot me down. and spending the money for the trip would be completely meaningless. i should've said no from the beginning but i was completely caught in the heat of the moment and agreed on seeing each other.

that's why i ask of you people, especially the most active members of this forum. is there a way to completely mask my BB if only for three nights? after those three nights that i spend with the girl, i wouldn't actually care if my BB comes back with a strong vengeance (hopefully not) since i would sit on my bum in front of my computer again working and browsing and chatting and stuff for another set of years.

antibiotics, teas, concoctions, any temporary remedies that last for hours, just about anything that will help mask my breath to a kissable degree for three nights. i think i have a deviated septum (one nostril blows harder than the other), i also think i have GERD or acid reflux, but the only outward evidence for my BB is having a pale fissured tongue, so i might have candida. oh, and bouts of having dry mouth as well (drinking LOTS of water doesn't help). i just don't want to make my life even worse by having the perfect thing shoot down what's left of my self-esteem.

thank you. and good luck to you all as well. we all agree that halitosis should be taken as seriously as any terminal disease by any doctors.

ps: i'm thinking of trying out chlorophyll tablets on the day of my trip. though the only ones available around my area is the chewable type...

jamesmcavoy

Re: going on a trip to see a girl, but i badly need help too

Post by jamesmcavoy »

::::Antibiotics ::::::

Erythromycin --start taking 4 days prior to the trip.

Metronidazol - take 3 days prior
As gud luck would have it !!!!!
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

If you truly have chronic BB, don't go, your trip and time with her will be ruined by BB, i've learned this lesson the hard way.

I'm asking myself if it's ethical to try to start a relationship with someone when you have BB, is it ethical to hide such a big health problem from our partner and at the same time, making our problem their problem? Unless you tell your partner in advance about BB, I'd argue that yes, it's not right, especially for a long-distance relationship.
halo-sux
Total Newbie

Post by halo-sux »

thank you for the kind replies.

i am curious about the metronidazole and looked up on it. seems the exact kind of stuff i need but it's going to be hard getting my hands on it. i googled more and saw the same stuff that's used for fishes. i know it's risky for humans to use it but i've also heard about the metronidazole being used as mouthwash in these forums. i just thought it might work if the fish metronidazole is used that way.
halo-sux
Total Newbie

Post by halo-sux »

so after more than 10 years, today was the first time i had the guts to ask a friend how my breath smells. when i was younger people acted as if my breathe smelled like someone just flushed s**t right into my mouth. naturally i became more conscious so i engaged in better oral hygiene, going to dentists, and diet throughout the succeeding years. i still have BB, but not as bad as it used to be (i think)...

so my friend told me my breath has some smell especially if i breathe right through his nose. but he also said that it's not that repulsive to turn people off instantly the moment i open my mouth. in fact, like i said in my first post, i can communicate well with my peers it just gets bad when the communication gets almost face to face. that's when i start closing my mouth and only make body gestures to reply. still, the fact that there is a smell doesn't make me any more comfortable at all.

so do i take my situation as finally ruling out oral health problems and taking it as having infections of some sort inside me? guess i do have to check myself for pnd, deviated septum, acid reflux, gerd or candida. :-k

i need to hear what you guys think since everyone has more knowledge about the subject matter than me. i've also recently heard about GSE. i might give it a go.
jamesmcavoy

Re: going on a trip to see a girl, but i badly need help too

Post by jamesmcavoy »

If u think that urs is that mild then do this .
Go to chemical shop and buy mms or Sodium chlorite flakes .dissolve them in water and gargle .ur mild bb will be gone .

Btw how many days to go ?
U dont seem to be in hurry .
keepfaith

Post by keepfaith »

METRONIDAZOLE..if u can get a hold of it ..i took it before vacationing and i got no reactions not even on plain...man good luck =D>
Marin_09
Total Newbie

Post by Marin_09 »

nice post.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic