Your Email Address:

First Name:

My attempt to find my cure

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jackson
Junior

Re: Hang in there

Post by jackson »

antinous wrote:and try this regimen....
Hi Antonous.
I appreciate your post. I will give it a go, but I must say that I really am giving up on the endless 'home remedies' approach.
I've tried hundreds of them. They don't actually work.
How can they? There's obviously an underlying issue with all of us. We need to find out what it is.

I plan to go down the route of various surgeries (tonsils+lingual tonsils to start with) once I can rule out things like H pylori, or possible reflux/stomach issues.

jackson
Junior

Post by jackson »

I have bought some more metronidazole.
The reason for this second course, is because of a post by a member here called ''Kidd'' who once apparently cured after his 2nd course.
After his first course, his bad breath returned a few days later (as was the case with me)

Worth a shot.
Also interested in seeing whether it at least temporarily cures me again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If this fails (and I full expect it too), I will begin to investigate the reflux/post nasal drip side of things.
I occasionally get the burning sensation in my throat, although only once every week or so.
I've tried Zantac. I think it reduced my symptoms, but it didn't help my breath at all.
In fact, I don't think i've heard of anyone success stories from reflux medication?

---------------------------------------

I still think my tonsils are a more likely cause than reflux, although at this point, it seems likely to get a tonsilectomy on the NHS. Doctor told me nobody would touch my tonsils as they are small. Apparently surgery on adults is only done when they have huge tonsils that basically meet in the middle.

When I push on the tonsils, a bad smelling mucus comes out of one of the deep holes in my tonsils which smells like tonsils stones/morning breath.

When I get some money, I will also try an oral irrigator.

---------------------

Still, one step at a time.
Another course of metronidazole.
jackson
Junior

Post by jackson »

regarding the above.
2 things I was curious about was
1/ will it be effective like it was last time, or will my body have devloped some sort of resistance?
2/ Is this product even legitimate, since it didn't come from my GP like last time!

I took one pill yesterday morning. Upon waking This morning, like last time, I don't even have morning breath. It's amazing.
I don't expect the 2nd course to cure me like it apparently did 'Kidd', though.
It's just an experiment with the benefit of having nice breath for a week or so.

I do however, wonder if it's possible to just take it for the rest of my life!
jackson
Junior

Post by jackson »

I'm probably just tempting fate here, but thought I'd update anyway.

So, I took my 2nd course of metronidazole (based on the poster 'kidd' who was apparently cured after a second dose)

Much like last time, It gave me almost constant baby fresh breath, although I didn't think the effect was 'quite' as drastic as the first time around.

Last time i took my first course, my bad breath had came back as bad as ever after 4 days of finishing the course. depressing.

I am now 9 days since stopping my latest course, and it's interesting.
For now at least, my breath doesn't seem 'as' bad.
It's like it's changed.
morning breath: Rather than breath like the smell of crushed tonsil stones upon waking up, it now tastes/smells like i've been out all night on the beers and then got a late night donna kebab!
That might sound gross, but it's more like 'normal' morning breath as opposed to the unnaturally awful smell i'd been experiencing for years before.
And in the day time, breath also feels a fair bit fresher.

A few things:
First, there's always teh chance that i'm imagining it! Not been able to 'use' my nephew for my 'breath tests' recently.

Secondly, if I am right(in that there's still improvement), there's still nothing to say that it won't slowly revert back like it did last time, just for some reason it's doing it slower this time?

Lastly, the only other thing I done this time it as soon as I stopped my course, I loaded up on probiotics.
I figured that it made sense to build up the good bacteria with an empty slate (so to speak) rather than using it to try to fight off already existing bad bacteria.

Will update soon...
tambaking

Post by tambaking »

can you help about how i can get metranidazole or any other antibiotic please. I canl;t get prescription because of BB, I heard about success story and I'm willing to give it a shot.
jackson
Junior

Post by jackson »

what country are you in out of interest?
tambaking

Post by tambaking »

US
ShakenNotCured
Total Newbie

Post by ShakenNotCured »

Jackson

can you just try a thing for me please, because i have had the same thing as you do. (exactly)
Antibiotic helps while you take it, but the bb comes back as soon you stop.
My tonsills are also removed buy surgery.

latley i've bought Hydrogen peroxide. and i think it helps.
my latest thought is that it's 2 much bad bacteria in my stomach and the Hydrogen p. helps to kill the bad one.

every morning when you wake up, before food

* 3% Hydrogen peroxide 1/2cl with water. drink it
* probiotic with/before/after every meal.
Nespresso

Post by Nespresso »

ShakenNotCured wrote:
latley i've bought Hydrogen peroxide. and i think it helps.
my latest thought is that it's 2 much bad bacteria in my stomach and the Hydrogen p. helps to kill the bad one.

every morning when you wake up, before food

* 3% Hydrogen peroxide 1/2cl with water. drink it
* probiotic with/before/after every meal.
I am pretty sure you shouldn't drink that stuff..... It's bad enough just gargling with it.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Apart from yourself, what are you hoping to kill? There are far more safer and effective and precise ways to kill bacteria.
ShakenNotCured
Total Newbie

Post by ShakenNotCured »

I've done my research, you do that too.

actually when your white blodcells attacks an infection it produces HP to coat the infection.
and if I'm wrong, so be it! it kind of helps and if i die trying, so be it.
I can't say I enjoy this life of mine.

The BB has taken over my life! for now the HP helps.

DONT BUY HP WITH STABILIZER.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I'm sorry but, at best, swallowing small amounts of hydrogen peroxide will do absolutely nothing, so there's no point in swallowing any, and swallowing high concentrations can cause internal burns and death.

I understand the desperation, believe me, but it would be wrong not to point out the danger when you make it sound as harmless as making a glass of orange squash.
jackson
Junior

Post by jackson »

Gladly Nothing new to report.
Still feel about 60% cured. Obviously don't know if it'll return in full force or not, but it seems strange that after my first course, BB returned within 4 days,
but this time around, i'm getting on for 2 weeks since stopping, and there's still a clear improvement. (for now)

The other thing is, I notice that when I touch the roof of my mouth with my tongue, there isn;t a horrible taste, whereas there usually is (with the exception of when I'm actually taking the metro)

Morning breath is still bad (that reverted back within about 2 days of stopping metro this time around), but maybe not quite as bad as before i took the second course

I'd love to hear the thoughts of everyone on this, especially hallitosisux.

Is it possible that, like the user 'Kidd', a second course can more or less 'cure' some people?
If so, how?
If i'm on borrowed time, why is the effect lasting longer this time? When will bb return?

I'm not getting my hopes up yet, but i'm mildly excited
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Totally depends on what causes your halitosis. When people first started getting treated with antibiotics for helicobacter pylori infection in the 1980s, it began to become apparent that many of these people were also finding that their lifelong chronic halitosis had disappeared. This was only occurring, apparently, when Metronidazole was given as part of the therapy. When it then became apparent that halitosis was being cured even without the successful eradication of the helicobacter infection, this led to several studies to try to establish how and why this might be happening. None of the studies I've seen have managed to establish anything conclusive. The eradication/elimination of undiagnosed chronic infections, like those which can occur in the nose, lungs, throat etc, were speculated as possible answers to this mystery.

I think far more likely are a bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine (with bacteria which normally only reside in the large intestine) possibly due to the long-term effects of the helicobacter infection itself. Or some kind of gut-bacteria disturbance (caused by medications, hormone fluctuations etc), which then gave rise to excessive production of bad smelling chemicals in the intestines, which overwhelm the body's ability to normally manage to deal with these chemicals when they're absorbed into the bloodstream (i.e. Trimethylamine).

People with TMAU are routinely given short courses of Metronidazole, which reduces the severity of their odour by damping down the numbers of the bacteria in the intestines that produce Trimethylamine. So there's many ways in which metronidazole could be working to reduce halitosis in each case, on top of the most probable way which is to be secreted in the saliva and temporarily reduce the numbers of bacteria in the mouth that are responsible for the production of VSCs.

Sorry if any of that ruins your current optimism. I hope you are close to your goal though, and that if not then perhaps you are somewhat closer to the answer.
jackson
Junior

Post by jackson »

Thanks,
No, that hasn't ruined my (small amount of) optimism.

Another day today with fairly fresh breath.
Every now and again I get paranoid when I breath into my cupped hands, but most of the time I realise that it just smells of what I have just eaten, which I guess it how it's supposed to be
(before, it smelled of what I'd just eaten, mixed with the horrid tonsil stone type smell)

One thing that hasn't changed is my tongue. It's horribly coated/yellow.
It's been that way for years. Even after taking candida/oral thrush medication.
Possibly worse than usual at the moment, but I'm not overly concerned since my breath is still OK.

All I can do is wait for now I guess, but I am secretly encouraged that my BB is taking so much longer than the first time to revert back, especially since reading about the apparent success story of 'Kidd'.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic