Your Email Address:

First Name:

"Oh shit", "it stinks"

Tell us your story with bad breath
Manurebb
Total Newbie

"Oh shit", "it stinks"

Post by Manurebb »

It has been now 10 years when one of my friend told me that "your mouth breath stinks". Though I heard that, I pretended as "sorry what?" and luckily she didn't again uttered that 😧. And since then I keep my mouth shut when people are very near to me. Speak only from a comfortable distance and when someone is near, use sign language to escape from the situation. Until I came across this website three months back, Chewing gum, cardamom and mouthwash were few things which I used to use to mask this breath (though it never or little helped me). By the way chewing that I used to use were all with sugar 😧, thanks to this website that I know now that sugar is a big no no!! I still have no clue if mouth, stomach or nose/throat is what the cause but as a child I used to suffer from severe cough and was on an Ayurvedic medicine. Haven't visited any doctor for bb but did a deep cleaning of my teeth in march as my doctor advised that to me for my bleeding gums. Phew!!! sorry for these unorganised sentences but I wrote them down as they flashed from my memory. And one more thing, lately I can smell something like cow manure from the back of my throat and possibly from nose. However, I always thought that my bb is when I open my mouth and not nasal but I was able to smell this in a packed room with air condition on and my mouth shut 😯.

And yes, I get reactions from people like I had mentioned in the subject of this post. Related points,

- cough allergy as a kid
- bleeding gum
- regular bowel
- white coating on the back of tongue
- cow manure smell from tongue/throat
- dry mouth and drinking lot of water

Can anyone please shade some light on the cause based on this? Kudos to people helping each other here.

wesslee
Total Newbie

Post by wesslee »

Well you are not alone, i have same experience as you, and i tried everything in this planet just to get frustrated, one day the uncle on my wife visited us and saw the meds in our pantry and he said wow you have little pharmacy, Well that how much we have in our pantry, Just lately I found in the other site I visited about kombucha capsule after I tried kelp and zink, GSE liquid, that did not work. Then I bought kombucha capsule in vitamin shops 100 cap in a bottle and tried it and at day two I feel a difference , I was a little bit excited and hoping it will work not just 2 or 3 days, i took 2 capsule in the morning and 2 in the evening and so far this is my 7 days. last friday i was in my taekwondo class and and did not see a nose rubbing hopefully it's not just a one week result or 10. I'm still taking it. btw my morning breath is a lot better my under arm odor is not that bad. at all. just avoid those sweets and red meat. just try it for a week and update us here.
ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

Hey Manurebb... I would suggest regularly cleaning your tongue as it can collect bacteria and stuff and smell...

I think the manure smell in the back of your throat might be from tonsil stones... They are pieces of food, mucus, and bacteria and sulfur that collect in there and stink very bad. They turn into little yellow globs that sometime come out and can be coughed up...

I would suggest looking in the back of your mouth with a flashlight and see if you can see those yellow globs in the crypts (holes) of your tonsils...Also what I do is I get the end of a toothbrush and push up against my tonsils and then smell the toothbrush... It stunk when i did it and that will tell you if that is where the smell is coming from... I think nasty and bacteria filled tonsils constantly supply the mouth and throat with bacteria that will end up smelling when it mixes with sugar and stuff... So give it a try and see if your tonsils stink when you poke them...

If you do have tonsil stones the best way to deal with them is by using a water dental jet... I would not recommend a Waterpik brand though, because them stream is so powerful and sharp it will hurt your tonsils and make them bleed...

If you want to ask me anything go ahead...
Manurebb
Total Newbie

Post by Manurebb »

@wesslee: I am a vegetarian and don't consume any meat but lot of dairy products which I had given up 2 months back. Regarding kombucha, quick google search showed something related to fermented tea. I will see if I can get it in any form in my country.

@ShitTalker: I clean my tongue thrice a day using tung brush + gel. It gets very pink post cleaning but then thick white coat on the back returns within half an hour. I never had symptoms related to tonsil stones but worth exploring that. I will poke that area today to see if this shit is there 😔. Few things which I didn't mention in the original post is I burp a lot and suffer from acidity frequently.

Thank you guys for your reply.
oh men
Total Newbie

Post by oh men »

hi guys! im new in this forum..can i just ask if you tried fluconazole? does it really work? i've went to every dentist known in our area but i get NOTHING! pls help
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Hello oh men,

I've tried fluconazole. It didn't work for me. I must also state that antibiotics are never the solution. 1-2 weeks of relief will never be sufficient. Good days will come to an end, then you will have to go back to square 1.

Good luck
OBSERVERTO

Re: "Oh shit", "it stinks"

Post by OBSERVERTO »

Manurebb wrote:It has been now 10 years when one of my friend told me that "your mouth breath stinks". Though I heard that, I pretended as "sorry what?" and luckily she didn't again uttered that 😧. And since then I keep my mouth shut when people are very near to me. Speak only from a comfortable distance and when someone is near, use sign language to escape from the situation. Until I came across this website three months back, Chewing gum, cardamom and mouthwash were few things which I used to use to mask this breath (though it never or little helped me). By the way chewing that I used to use were all with sugar 😧, thanks to this website that I know now that sugar is a big no no!! I still have no clue if mouth, stomach or nose/throat is what the cause but as a child I used to suffer from severe cough and was on an Ayurvedic medicine. Haven't visited any doctor for bb but did a deep cleaning of my teeth in march as my doctor advised that to me for my bleeding gums. Phew!!! sorry for these unorganised sentences but I wrote them down as they flashed from my memory. And one more thing, lately I can smell something like cow manure from the back of my throat and possibly from nose. However, I always thought that my bb is when I open my mouth and not nasal but I was able to smell this in a packed room with air condition on and my mouth shut 😯.

And yes, I get reactions from people like I had mentioned in the subject of this post. Related points,

- cough allergy as a kid
- bleeding gum
- regular bowel
- white coating on the back of tongue
- cow manure smell from tongue/throat
- dry mouth and drinking lot of water

Can anyone please shade some light on the cause based on this? Kudos to people helping each other here.
Ten years? Man I'm sure you have done a lot of effort to find out the real cause of your bad breath. Tell me what lab test you had undergo for the past ten years.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic