Your Email Address:

First Name:

Anyone with sinus BB try antihistamines?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Batman30
Anyone with sinus BB try antihistamines?

Post by Batman30 »

The best thing that helps me so far is nasal irrigation. Using distilled water, saline salt and something that fights bacteria. Something strong I’ve found is liquid goldenseal extract.

But back to my main point.. I’ve recently started taking over the counter allergy (antihistamine) pill. 1 every 24 hours. Thinking that it would help with the post nasal drip. It seems to help a bit and wanted to see if anyone else has tried this?

Dita
Re: Anyone with sinus BB try antihistamines?

Post by Dita »

I think this would work if you have nasal BB caused by inner ear problems, I remember trying this once at a very frustrating time. I am very petite and have a small throat and probably a very narrow nasal cavity. My grandad actually had to have his throat made larger with surgery and my mother and I have difficulty swallowing food without water.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Batman, do you have nasal BB only or nasal + oral BB?
Batman30

Post by Batman30 »

winter wrote:Batman, do you have nasal BB only or nasal + oral BB?
I’m pretty sure I just have sinus bad breath. I don’t know though, it’s almost like the antihistamines make it worse with one week in. It’s hard to tell. Antihistamines thickness and dries up the mucus making the clump in my throat feel more prominent. But I get less flow. It’s like a trade off. The smell is a little different and almost seems less fowl but more consistent.

I’ve tried a lot to get rid of my post nasal drip. It’s really chronic. However, my father suffers the same thing but doesn’t have the breath issue.
Batman30

Post by Batman30 »

Dita wrote:I think this would work if you have nasal BB caused by inner ear problems, I remember trying this once at a very frustrating time. I am very petite and have a small throat and probably a very narrow nasal cavity. My grandad actually had to have his throat made larger with surgery and my mother and I have difficulty swallowing food without water.

I actually have smaller sinuses for my size. And I think a smaller throat. So that plus my chronic post nasal drip, I get mucus buildup and my body can’t seem to keep up with clearing process. I live in Northern California so I’m not sure if the allergies are helping but i discovered I’m more allergic to animals than pollen etc.. I’m not allergic in that I sneeze or whatever but my post nasal drip goes haywire.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic