Your Email Address:

First Name:

Occasional Body Odor + Bad Breath?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Trunks99
Advanced

Occasional Body Odor + Bad Breath?

Post by Trunks99 »

I came across Dr Klaper's videos and found them interesting. Please share your thoughts:

http://doctorklaper.com/videos/curing-l ... -syndrome/

I have an appointment scheduled this Saturday and we'll see what he says about my BB.

missjj
Junior

Post by missjj »

Yes, please let us know what happens!
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

missjj wrote:Yes, please let us know what happens!
I went to see Dr Klaper on Saturday. I drove an hour and thirty minute to get there. Long but nice drive.. California is so beautfiul.

Anyway.. he asked me a bunch of questions about my symptoms, medical history, lifestyle, etc... and put me on a diet! And that's it. No supplements, no probiotics, nothing.. just a diet that I need to stick to. He said that my case is mild so there is no need to prescribe supplements.

So, his theory is that the gut flora renews itself every 6 weeks, and if I'm able to maintain a gluten-free,sugar-free, dairy-free, vegetarian diet for 6 weeks I should feel better. After that, he said to try to go back on a normal diet progressively and see how I feel.

To be honest, I'm a bit skeptical but I will give it a shot anyway.I started yesterday and will update you on any progress, if there is any.
missjj
Junior

Post by missjj »

Can you tell us what he told you to eat in particular? Did he give you a weekly plan?
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

missjj wrote:Can you tell us what he told you to eat in particular? Did he give you a weekly plan?
Of course:

So again, no meat, no poultry, no fish, no dairy, no sugar, no gluten:

He didn't really give me a detailed plan but he said:

- Eat salad w/healthy dressing (I use two parts of olive oil and one part of apple cider vinegar as a dressing)
- various green veggies (broccoli, spinach, kale etc).. he insisted on green veggies and said they are very important and good for you. He said I could steam them or cook them in a slow cooker for example.
- Lentils, different kinds of beans (kidney, black eyed peas, black, etc..), whole rice.
- Eat fruits but careful with fructose, don't eat too much. Don't drink big smoothies.
- For breakfast he said to eat fruits + real gluten-free oatmeal (not the instant one) or fruits only.

There is a book available on their website but you have to pay: http://www.healthpromoting.com/store/pr ... g-cookbook

What I do is I just look up recipes online or cook simple.

He said I could take probiotics but it's not mandatory. He mentioned PB8 (?) being a good brand but I'm satisfied with Ultimate flora so I'm sticking with it.

Oh and careful when you are picking your probiotics; make sure it's dairy free.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic