Your Email Address:

First Name:

good TMAU sites

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jc
Sheriff

good TMAU sites

Post by jc »

Can anyone here post a good TMAU site. There`s a possibility that I have it, unfortunately there`s no test available in my country. I really want to ask them some questions about the condition. Thanks.

Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Trimethylaminuria/

thats the best forum I know, check all the msgs there...there is the tmau foundation as well, you should contact them if you get tested positive

can you describe your symptoms pls.

wich country are you come from? if you live anywhere in europe there should not be a problem to get tested
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Thanks, Mico for the link. I`m from the Philippines & there seems to be no available info about TMAU here. If I remember correctly you & maggs posted something about bb`s connection with TMAU. Before that I only know that TMAU causes fish odor on the sweat, tears & saliva of the sufferer. My bb can fill the whole auditorium so I think my case is one of the worse there is. I used to have a mild bo but I was able to treat it last year. I`ve taken/used hundreds of products/methods in the span of 13 years but the reactions are all the same. The only success I had is that I treated my pnd along the way. Recently I`ve reduced my bb while taking /using aspirin, chlorophyll, alkaline water, salinase & spirulina but I still get reactions from afar even if my mouth feels so fresh. I`ve stopped taking probiotics & using mouthwash coz its not doing anything for me. My bb`s at its worst when I eat fish & eggs so there`s a possibility that my liver can`t process choline properly so I`m going to research more about TMAU.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

I knew of tmau for years, but I was sure that I dont have the "fishy body odor syndrome". Everywhere you look you find only that it has a fishy (body)smell. Until I didnt check the tmau forum and some research papers. You can have the whole pallette of odours from tmau, actually it can be from mettalic to sawage to fecal/ammonia/urine to fishy to kerosine to anything else. And there are subgroups of tmau - bo and bb. Some report bb only, I recently discovered that I maybe have even some body odour. Noone ever told me that, but Im pretty sure now I have one. My bb is just to strong for others to notice the bo.

While there is no direct cure, there is a good diet for that. And many report success. Its a matter of strong will, discipline. Im on a diet now and I got some improvement, not a breaktrough yet tho.

About testing: Im sure you got on the Phillipines some good spectrometers. You just need to find someone willing to make this test. Either trough your doctor or trough some other connections. Once you find someone, you will get the needed info how to test from the tmau community.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Thanks again for the added info. When you said that some TMAU sufferers experience success through dieting, did you mean that they are having complete relief ? If so then TMAU can be controlled after all. That is very encouraging. If you don`t mind can you post the diet you`re following. Thanks.
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

Yes, some experience complete relief, but its a restricted diet with little proteins.

I wont post my diet coz its not working yet, so there is no use of it. Also I dont use all the recommended suplements yet as well, still working to get a credit card. Once I find the "cure" Ill post it there. Check the tmau site its full of diets and you need to learn the basics first.

Im still waiting for my test results, could be here any day now.
BBNO

Post by BBNO »

Mico...My problem is very similar to yours. Extreme BB and maybe BO. I'm also waiting for my TMAU results. What lab are you using? I sent my sample to HBRI and have been waiting about 7 weeks now. My BB can start an auditorium full of people to start coughing/clearing throats :(
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

Heidelberg/Germany, waiting for a month now.

Hm, noone cought in my presence yet, and guys actually seem to tolerate my bb somewhat. Just girls run away from me screaming :) From close I have a terrible bb and from far away ppl can rarely smell me - it happens sometimes but really not that often.. Really depends on what you eat i guess. Time to learn something new!
BBNO

Post by BBNO »

Thats funny Mico because I find females much more tolerant of my BB than guys. Maybe I'm just so damn good looking ;) Seriously though, I'm starting to believe women are much less sensitive to odors. I've been slowly converting to the TMAU low-choline diet, but haven't noticed any real progress :(
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

BBNO wrote:My BB can start an auditorium full of people to start coughing/clearing throats :(
I wonder how many of us are like that.... :?

Maybe we can start a breath olympics or something to determine whose breath is the worst :)
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

BBNO wrote:I'm just so damn good looking
Are you? Its a serious question :) Ive heard there are not so few models who got tmau...
Mico
Junior

Post by Mico »

jc wrote:
BBNO wrote:My BB can start an auditorium full of people to start coughing/clearing throats :(
I wonder how many of us are like that.... :?

Maybe we can start a breath olympics or something to determine whose breath is the worst :)
I mean I can stink up an auditorium as well, not always thou, but ppl dont cough or clear throats in my presence.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Hey, Mico, how did your test go?
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

jc wrote:Thanks, Mico for the link. I`m from the Philippines & there seems to be no available info about TMAU here. If I remember correctly you & maggs posted something about bb`s connection with TMAU. Before that I only know that TMAU causes fish odor on the sweat, tears & saliva of the sufferer. My bb can fill the whole auditorium so I think my case is one of the worse there is. I used to have a mild bo but I was able to treat it last year. I`ve taken/used hundreds of products/methods in the span of 13 years but the reactions are all the same. The only success I had is that I treated my pnd along the way. Recently I`ve reduced my bb while taking /using aspirin, chlorophyll, alkaline water, salinase & spirulina but I still get reactions from afar even if my mouth feels so fresh. I`ve stopped taking probiotics & using mouthwash coz its not doing anything for me. My bb`s at its worst when I eat fish & eggs so there`s a possibility that my liver can`t process choline properly so I`m going to research more about TMAU.
This completely mirrors mine. Mine can also fill a room, and I've had it for 13 years or so. I did do a TMAU test (24 hour urine) and it came out negative. However, I'm thinking of doing it again as I'm not sure that test was sufficient. Or maybe we suffer from a yet undiscovered similar metabolic disorder?

Anyway, how did you get rid of your PND?

8-[
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

I got rid of my pnd while taking zinc gluconate supplements for about a year. I didn`t notice when it really thinned out & I really had to stop taking it due to its drying effect on the mouth so I replaced it with spirulina( got zinc in smaller amount ) & probiotics. That combination finished the job & I think its been a year that I`m pnd free. Regarding my bb I think its in my bloodstream & TMAU is another probability. Whatever it is I want to know what caused all the humiliation I suffered all those years. By knowing what caused my bb would give me some form of closure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic