Your Email Address:

First Name:

What Cured My Halitosis/Bad Breath - Tonsils and Adenoids - BEWARE SIDE EFFECTS, CHOKING ON LIQUIDS, 9YEARS SCAM????

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

Post by 9YearsToFindCure »

ExhaleSafely wrote:Would you mind commenting on the occurrence of the symptoms that indicated to you that you had BB at the time, more specifically the taste, as that seems to be the most obvious of the one's you mentioned?

I did say in my previous post above that I don't have a taste, but I have had a bad taste when a tonsil stone is present in my tonsil which I was only able to notice occasionally (swallowing a big gulp of food or drink, or intermittently at random times throughout the day when a tonsil stone is present). Additionally, for the other members on this forum and those who may read this for years to come I think it would be good to know some additional details in this area.

Did your bad taste come up occasionally, say once a week, once a day, etc., or was it pretty much present all the time and for 9 years you had BB?

Did the bad taste fluctuate in severity at all? If it did (or fluctuate in it's presence or absence), did you have more reactions from people such as friends or your wife when it was strong (or present)?

My last question isn't in-line with the one's above but I think it's a good one for many of us here: I know you said you tried everything, etc., but I didn't see you indicating that you've tried the neti pot.

Had you tried it in the past? If yes, how long and how frequently were you using one?

Sorry for the barrage of questions and thanks again!
The taste I was talking about is a metallic taste and I believe most others who are experiencing what I did, have the same taste in their mouths. Also, I had my tonsils out in 2005 so I didn't get tonsil stones popping up after that. The stones were embedded in my adneoids and I didn't even know it. The metallic taste never left after my tonsillectomy, neither the fecal smell of bb. When I look back, I can't believe I didn't figure out my case earlier because all the symptoms stayed except the stones that I could see.

As far as I can remember, the taste was virtually always there. It didn't come and go whether there was a stone present because they're always present whether or not we see them. I don't believe it fluctuated in severity or reactions. People may react to you differently because people are people, but when you've got festering feces stored in your nasopharynx, any fluctuation is irrelevant.

Neti pot. Absolutely. A little salt water is good to get rid of some PND/mucus. I used it regularly for a long time, 2-3 times per day. But it sure didn't give me my life back.

9YearsToFindCure
Junior

halitosisux wrote:
ExhaleSafely wrote:My last question isn't in-line with the one's above but I think it's a good one for many of us here: I know you said you tried everything, etc., but I didn't see you indicating that you've tried the neti pot.
Sorry for interrupting, but that's a really good question. And all the irrigation posts I can ever recall reading about were from people given the all clear from their ENT regarding their nose and sinuses. So I always assumed improvements were perhaps because the irrigation was getting into the throat area and cleaning away throat gunk like smelly mucus or tonsils stones. So, yes, maybe the adenoids?

I wonder if the odour actually comes from the adenoids or if something is being released from them that then makes everywhere else, such as the tongue stink, or lead to the production of tonsil stones. Is there any link between tonsil stones and something wrong with the adenoids?

It is a known fact that adenoids shrink in adulthood and don't usually cause any problem, but it is also a known fact that adenoids can be known to cause VERY bad breath in adults, perhaps because of these cysts, but I remember reading a story once where the adenoid tissue shrivels up and creates little folds of tissue where gunk and bacteria can accumulate.
My understanding is that the primary purpose of all tonsil tissue is to protect us from bacteria and such as a child. So tonsil tissues have these crypts that pick up these bacteria so they don't enter our system. As an adult, our immune system is built up and that's why we don't need tonsils/adenoids anymore, but they seem to still try to keep doing their job if you have them. They collect bacteria in the crypts. And this bacteria can accumulate, harden, and then stink. Obviously not everyone has their tonsils/adenoids out and most people don't have bb, but we are and were the lucky few whose tonsil tissues continued to do more than necessary as adults.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

mindyb wrote:April 7th is my septoplasty
And adenoid removal.
So here I go again. Nothing to lose, except bb.
Mindy, that's great. Congrats. May it do for you what it did for me. Don't forget to tell him to look for Tornwaldt cysts, whether they're in the adneoids or anywhere else.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

Several people have asked me how bad was my breath and who else has verified that it was that bad and is now cured. Obviously my wife is the most important and closest person. But a couple months after my surgery, when I was visiting back home in NY, I was sitting down with my childhood friend's mom. She is hyper sensitive to any bad smells and would never pull any punches with me since I was like her third son. I told her about my septum and adneoid surgery, without telling her about bb, and from 2 feet away I then asked her if she smelled anything. Without hesitation, she said no. I elaborated and it was still no, nothing. My friend overheard and reminded me how sensitive her nose was. That felt great and I continued to test others and expand on my new found confidence. Maybe that's why it took me 8 months post surgery to come tell you guys my story. This kind of life is not easy to forget, even once you're cured. I was so used to turning my head or trying to cover my mouth when I spoke to someone. My new reality is crazy and amazing, like being free again.

I thought of something funny that I realized recently after conversing with all of you on here, skype, and whatsapp. Before my adneoidectomy, one of my dogs used to always come up to my face and try to smell inside my mouth, especially when I was lying in bed in the morning. You can imagine how annoying and embarrassing it is for me to be told by my dog that my mouth smells worse than the dog crap he likes to sniff on the street. He would really focus on it, like he found something. Ugh. I'm laughing now but it wasn't funny back then. Anyway, he doesn't do that anymore. He'll still come give me a kiss, but he doesn't make me feel like I'm a dog's treasure chest of poop.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

that was funny, that made me laugh.....

For me some dogs when I come close sniff around try to locate the smell, so funny, and then they look me in my eyes and figure it out, ohh it is that guy....

Very funny.. But they dont react badly to me, they are just curious about smell....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

haha...my dog does the same..
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

9YearsToFindCure wrote:
And adenoid removal.
Mindy, that's great. Congrats. May it do for you what it did for me. Don't forget to tell him to look for Tornwaldt cysts, whether they're in the adneoids or anywhere else.

Funny you should mention tornwaldt cysts, I had one removed from my post nasal space a couple years ago.

I'm booked for a CT scan on monday, not sure how I feel about it to be honest. ENT said there's adenoid tissue but not much, but I keep sensing that tonsil stoney smell from that area, he says the adenoid tissue looks healthy.... I just hope I don't go through the Op and expense for nothing. There's still the doubt in my mind at times, how can such a strong, strong (at times) stench come from such a small area. I think once oral bacteria or foods mix it just makes it stronger some how.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

why are you doing ct scan, it is useless
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

FedUp wrote:
9YearsToFindCure wrote:
And adenoid removal.

Funny you should mention tornwaldt cysts, I had one removed from my post nasal space a couple years ago.

I'm booked for a CT scan on monday, not sure how I feel about it to be honest. ENT said there's adenoid tissue but not much, but I keep sensing that tonsil stoney smell from that area, he says the adenoid tissue looks healthy.... I just hope I don't go through the Op and expense for nothing. There's still the doubt in my mind at times, how can such a strong, strong (at times) stench come from such a small area. I think once oral bacteria or foods mix it just makes it stronger some how.
Fed up, I have same fear that this'll be dud too. Btw, my price will be $1100 total.
The different combinations of "what" is causing this hell, I mean it's lucky my brain still works. And I'm not locked up a mental hospital for trying to uncover this. Don't forget the shame, embarrassment, disgust, self esteem, etc etc etc.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Jimi Stein wrote:why are you doing ct scan, it is useless
i was told that options could be discussed after a scan instead of going in blindly. was also told the surgery could be done but again will have to see after the scan. but i'm not highly optimistic about the scan.

and mindyb, trying anything and everything is better than scratching our heads, if we stop trying then we may as well accept this life which i can't.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

i think we have a good change to lessen the problem, or maybe we are fucked and we have a bloodborne shit from liver....like TMAU or something where we will carry it to the grave
ExhaleSafely

Post by ExhaleSafely »

FedUp wrote:
i was told that options could be discussed after a scan instead of going in blindly. was also told the surgery could be done but again will have to see after the scan. but i'm not highly optimistic about the scan.

and mindyb, trying anything and everything is better than scratching our heads, if we stop trying then we may as well accept this life which i can't.
FedUp, do you live in the US? I am fairly certain that you can opt out of a scan based not only on the cost of it (which is very high), but also just based on an unwillingness to receive the high amounts of radiation that you get from a scan.

I agree with Jimi Stein in that it could be of little or no use to you. It's my (uneducated) opinion that "healthy" tissue on a scan could still be smelly based on the adenoid's ability to trap and store bacteria and mucus. I'd try to just go ahead and get them out from a surgeon that will work around budget and concerns of radiation.

Just my two cents, but either way I wish you luck.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

FedUp wrote:

In response to your previous post to me as well, I'm willing to bet you have more Tornwaldt cysts whether inside the adneoids as I had or post nasal space as you previously had. On the one hand, I didn't think a CT was necessary and I didn't have one specific to adenoids. At the time, I was just getting my adenoids out, fixing deviated septum and that was it. On the other hand, you've had a Tornwaldt cyst in the post nasal space previously. I didn't know what a Tornwaldt cyst was before my surgery and right now, I'm the only person on this site that says an adenoidectomy worked and will work on others. If you have a truly great and caring surgeon, who will explore for these things, you might be fine. But this is your life and happiness in your hands and at this stage of what we know as a group, if there is any kind of advantage that can be gained for your surgeon to have success in your case, there is no question as to whether or not have a CT.

I like what you said above because I was once there. Don't stop trying and don't accept this life. There has to be an answer for each of you, just be shrewd and relentless until you find it and destroy it.

I would try to direct your surgeons focus regarding the CT and the surgery. I'm sure you've seen this before in my original post, but print it and bring it to him.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17372553

I can also send you parts of my operative report. Jimi already has it. PM me your email, Skype, or whatsapp and I'll send it to you.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

ExhaleSafely wrote:
FedUp wrote:

FedUp, do you live in the US? I am fairly certain that you can opt out of a scan based not only on the cost of it (which is very high), but also just based on an unwillingness to receive the high amounts of radiation that you get from a scan.

I agree with Jimi Stein in that it could be of little or no use to you. It's my (uneducated) opinion that "healthy" tissue on a scan could still be smelly based on the adenoid's ability to trap and store bacteria and mucus. I'd try to just go ahead and get them out from a surgeon that will work around budget and concerns of radiation.

Just my two cents, but either way I wish you luck.

The smell is from that site, when i poked it with a cotton bud i could sense it. the cost isn't too much here in the UK. i have to call to find out. If this scan proves my sinuses are fine then he can't deny me the op, there is tissue there i'm maintaining the smell is from there, he's getting paid and it may save me so why not? and 9years i will pm you my email thank for your reply. tornwald cysts can't be just coincidental. I recall they couldn't actually see it until they went in to look at my post nasal space. I recall my scan 3 years ago showed "something" but other than that sinuses were clear.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

It is a little concerning to hear some of you make statements like CT scans are worthless. It may have been "worthless" in your case but it most certainly would be helpfull for many folks on here. Nasal polyps, cysts, obstructions, foreign bodies, masses, infections, fungal balls and many more anomalies can be seen on a cat scan. I performed a sinus scan on a patient last week and the dose index (CTDI) was 2.4 which is extremely low and doesn't begin to approach the maximum dose a patient can recieve from medical radiation in a year. As a reference, I scan cancer patients every 3 months and they get an average CTDI of 38 per scan.

Remember this...radiation is harmful when recieved multiple times in a short period of time. A low dose sinus scan will not harm you in the least bit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic