Your Email Address:

First Name:

What Cured My Halitosis/Bad Breath - Tonsils and Adenoids - BEWARE SIDE EFFECTS, CHOKING ON LIQUIDS, 9YEARS SCAM????

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

Post by 9YearsToFindCure »

mindyb wrote:When I had tonsils, I had the grossest tonsil stones when I coughed. Funny though the didn't really smell unless you cracked it open. Then WOAHHHH. Death, sewer, garbage...

I have not coughed up anything since.

I got an appt. with my ENT for this Friday. I haven't seen this guy in 2 years, but I do remember him wanting to fix my deviated septum. After researching that everyone has a deviated septum to some point... and no positive changes in anyone who had it done's breath. I never went back.

I'm already nervous to go in there and say, I have bb, remove my adenoids.!! Was your removal covered by insurance? Was in in office procedure or hospital? When did you have it done and how long have you been cured of bb?

Sorry if you have answered these questions already. I am trying to keep up with all the posts.

To the the person who asked 9years had itching ears, Just wanted to say I do!!! An internal itch that cannot be satisfied. Will have him look at my ears too again.
My ENT is out of network and I have a deductible, so almost nothing was covered by insurance. The procedure was done in a surgery center. My adenoidectomy was June 12, 2014 and I have been halitosis free since then.

9YearsToFindCure
Junior

Corpsebreath wrote:I have a question.
After the crust fell out. Just how long did it take before the bitter/metallic taste went away?
From what i understand it went away pretty much immediately?
But is that like, within 10 seconds of it falling out, the taste just disappeared? Or was it more like, the taste gradually became lesser and lesser throughout the day until it wasn't noticeable anymore?
I don't know if you've ever had surgery, but after an operation it's hard to tell what happened when. I knew I was healing and I had also had a deviated septum corrected so my senses were off. Smell, taste, etc. a week after the surgery when the crust fell out, I had the feeling that I was cured of all, but I would let myself be happy about it until more time past.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

very happy you have found your -hopefully permanent - solution and most of all THANK YOU for taking the time to stick around and answer all our questions instead of just disappearing.

I definitely agree with the previous posts that someone should try getting in contact with meowkitty to find out what happened with hers. Itd be great to know if there's anything you need to look out for to ensure it doesn't come back.

A few questions:
- How did you first discover you have had tonsil stones? ie. did you randomly start coughing it up? I ask because I've always had issues with my throat but never actually coughed up a "stone" and can't see anything down there
- What type of bad breath would you say you had? e.g. fecal smell vs. sour/vinegar type smell?
- When you now eat smelly foods like onions/garlic, has there been an improvement as to how long it lingers?
- What type of mouthwash/toothpaste did you use in general? And has this changed since the surgery?
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

StillHoping wrote:very happy you have found your -hopefully permanent - solution and most of all THANK YOU for taking the time to stick around and answer all our questions instead of just disappearing.

I definitely agree with the previous posts that someone should try getting in contact with meowkitty to find out what happened with hers. Itd be great to know if there's anything you need to look out for to ensure it doesn't come back.

A few questions:
- How did you first discover you have had tonsil stones? ie. did you randomly start coughing it up? I ask because I've always had issues with my throat but never actually coughed up a "stone" and can't see anything down there
- What type of bad breath would you say you had? e.g. fecal smell vs. sour/vinegar type smell?
- When you now eat smelly foods like onions/garlic, has there been an improvement as to how long it lingers?
- What type of mouthwash/toothpaste did you use in general? And has this changed since the surgery?
I randomly coughed one up in 2005 when I still had my palatine tonsils. I had fecal breath. When I eat garlic or onion, of course it's going to smell like that, but it no longer smells like a garlic/feces combo. I use Kiss My Face toothpaste and ACT mouthwash and that hasn't changed, but just to be clear there was no toothpaste, mouthwash, bleach, nor battery acid that could have gotten rid of my bad breath before my 2nd surgery. Just because you don't see tonsil stones doesn't mean you don't have them inside your tonsils and adenoids. I re-read my operative report today and my ENT even called it a Tornwaldt Cyst inside my adenoid.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

I have sour/vinegar bb smell and have been unable to pinpoint the cause. I have suspected only fecal bb smell is caused by tonsil region issues. I guess it won't hurt to see an ENT; I have had chronic bronchitis, PND, deviated septum etc but just not the actual tonsil stones.

But like you said, if it's possible to not see them- then its definitely worth the shot to see if this could help. Thanks for the response!
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

StillHoping wrote:I have sour/vinegar bb smell and have been unable to pinpoint the cause. I have suspected only fecal bb smell is caused by tonsil region issues. I guess it won't hurt to see an ENT; I have had chronic bronchitis, PND, deviated septum etc but just not the actual tonsil stones.

But like you said, if it's possible to not see them- then its definitely worth the shot to see if this could help. Thanks for the response!
Get a waterpik, try to find your tonsil crypts, and try to blow them out. I'm assuming you have tonsils and adneoids. Your ENT may not be able to see the stones either, especially in adneoids. You'd need a special CT just for that. I had tonsil stones in tonsils in 2005, but my stones were hidden in adneoids for 2014 surgery. I had that surgery done on an educated guess.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

mindyb wrote:When I had tonsils, I had the grossest tonsil stones when I coughed. Funny though the didn't really smell unless you cracked it open. Then WOAHHHH. Death, sewer, garbage...

I have not coughed up anything since.

I got an appt. with my ENT for this Friday. I haven't seen this guy in 2 years, but I do remember him wanting to fix my deviated septum. After researching that everyone has a deviated septum to some point... and no positive changes in anyone who had it done's breath. I never went back.

I'm already nervous to go in there and say, I have bb, remove my adenoids.!! Was your removal covered by insurance? Was in in office procedure or hospital? When did you have it done and how long have you been cured of bb?

Sorry if you have answered these questions already. I am trying to keep up with all the posts.

To the the person who asked 9years had itching ears, Just wanted to say I do!!! An internal itch that cannot be satisfied. Will have him look at my ears too again.
ha paid a lot for operation, so be sure to use insurance. Also he stayed in hospital only 4 hours....very fast healing...
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

what kind of insurance do you guys have/recommend?

I get that low deductible will generally be high premium but do regular insurance cover this surgery?
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

feelitagain wrote:what kind of insurance do you guys have/recommend?

I get that low deductible will generally be high premium but do regular insurance cover this surgery?
It depends what country you're in and your deductible. You can usually get insurance to cover it by having your doctor write it up as tonsillitis.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

My deductible is $400 and then I pay 20% of what the surgery costs. not cheap!!

I've alrady had my tonsils out, so what could the ENT claim for on insurance for adenoid removal on an adult?

Hope my appt goes well tomorrow and he can sympathize with me and see something on my Head CT scan I had done a year ago.

*** I have to cross everything off on list of possible bb culprits, it's just who I am. Never giving up hope*****
determined ;)
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

mindyb wrote:My deductible is $400 and then I pay 20% of what the surgery costs. not cheap!!

I've alrady had my tonsils out, so what could the ENT claim for on insurance for adenoid removal on an adult?

Hope my appt goes well tomorrow and he can sympathize with me and see something on my Head CT scan I had done a year ago.

*** I have to cross everything off on list of possible bb culprits, it's just who I am. Never giving up hope*****
determined ;)
I'm not sure 100% but hopefully he can claim adenoiditis and they'll pay for it according to your policy. My ENT was out of my network so I paid virtually the whole thing out of pocket.

Just tell him you're getting your adneoids out one way or another and let him know that you want him to be the one to do it. Also, be sure all of your original tonsils are gone and there are no other places or tonsil material where these crypts are collecting bacteria. And I would mention Tornwaldt cysts. They might be more his language, but mention adenoid stones too. Best of luck and Never give up is right! You got this!
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

9YearsToFindCure wrote:
I'm not sure 100% but hopefully he can claim adenoiditis and they'll pay for it according to your policy. My ENT was out of my network so I paid virtually the whole thing out of pocket.
Please, if you don't mind me asking, how much total did the surgery cost you?
And btw, I sent you another pm reply.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Cross-posted.
This is what happened at my ENT appointment today:
He came in and said adults don't have adenoids. Negative and shaking his head like I was not going to tell him different. I Told him to please look at my CT scan from a year ago, he left and came back. Said he didn't see any adenoids, let alone stones or such.
He then gave me a pamphlet on GERD and acid reflux. I told him I'm on Prilosec and and a high dose (lie, I was on it- but it did nothing for my breath).

I then said my life is horrible, gave him a sob story how my dentist and stomach doctor cannot find anything. I can't live like this!!!!! I know I sound crazy, yada yada yada.
He asked if he could numb my nostrils and take a scope down it to look around. Yes, of course please do!!!!!!!!
He said I have a VERY small amount of adenoid tissue. I asked him if he could poke it with a swab and see if it smelled, he couldn't do that.

My deviated septum is bad enough to get fixed he told me again, and if I would like he would remove the small amount of tissue in my adenoids.

He then looked at me with all sincerity and said I do NOT think this is going to help your breath issue.

I did not schedule anything, I do have to think about it. Part of me thinks he is right. I have had so many things done. I've had this affliction since 1997.

Any advice and thoughts are welcome.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

jess wrote:
9YearsToFindCure wrote:
Please, if you don't mind me asking, how much total did the surgery cost you?
And btw, I sent you another pm reply.
$2500 surgeon
$1400 surgery center
$400 anesthesiologist, he was in network so insurance covered most of that part
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

mindyb wrote:Cross-posted.
This is what happened at my ENT appointment today:
He came in and said adults don't have adenoids. Negative and shaking his head like I was not going to tell him different. I Told him to please look at my CT scan from a year ago, he left and came back. Said he didn't see any adenoids, let alone stones or such.
He then gave me a pamphlet on GERD and acid reflux. I told him I'm on Prilosec and and a high dose (lie, I was on it- but it did nothing for my breath).

I then said my life is horrible, gave him a sob story how my dentist and stomach doctor cannot find anything. I can't live like this!!!!! I know I sound crazy, yada yada yada.
He asked if he could numb my nostrils and take a scope down it to look around. Yes, of course please do!!!!!!!!
He said I have a VERY small amount of adenoid tissue. I asked him if he could poke it with a swab and see if it smelled, he couldn't do that.

My deviated septum is bad enough to get fixed he told me again, and if I would like he would remove the small amount of tissue in my adenoids.

He then looked at me with all sincerity and said I do NOT think this is going to help your breath issue.

I did not schedule anything, I do have to think about it. Part of me thinks he is right. I have had so many things done. I've had this affliction since 1997.

Any advice and thoughts are welcome.
Mindy, over the years, several ENTs told me something similar. When I finally had the surgery, my surgeon finds a Tornwaldt cyst in the middle of the adenoid and plenty of smelly stuff under the adenoid. I had my deviated septum corrected at the same time too. I don't think there is much money in it for them with just an adenoidectomy. That's why they like to do both at the same time. If he's willing to do it, I say go for it. Just make sure you're clear with him to explore for and remove any kind of tonsil tissue while you're under.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic