Your Email Address:

First Name:

Sinus bad breath routine

Tell us your story with bad breath
Batman30
Sinus bad breath routine

Post by Batman30 »

Hi, Guys

I’m not going to put my whole BB story up today due to me posting this on my phone. But I wanted to share with you all a brief post about my issue and my daily routines.

Condition: I have nasal & mouth BB due to chronic post nasal drip. The feeling of constant thick mucus in the back of the throat. This causes a sulfuric/fart/sewage smell. Strangely enough it’s worse when it’s overcast and stormy. The summer is my friend..;) I’ve had it off and on for about 15 years.

Routines: I’ve tried a lot of things and haven’t found a cure. However, I’ve discovered a couple things that help.. 1: I nasal irrigate with grapefruit seed extract, a product called akalol & Saline solution in a squeeze bottle irrigator twice daily. Once in the morning, once at night. 2: im only on my third day with this one but it’s drinking a droplet of GOLDENSEAL extract in a few oz of water, 2-3 times daily between meals. This seems to be helping pretty well. On top of that I’m avoiding dairy, excess wheat, alcohol, and excess sugar. Also, cooking only with coconut oil.

I’m curious to see if you guys have tried these options as well?

A few other options I want to try after the 10 day goldenseal experiment (I figure I’ll keep with the irrigation). : diatomaceous earth & herbal snuff (I don’t like the idea of using tobacco snuff but will if necessary).. have any of y’all used either of these?

My story is much longer and is much more human and filled with many more emotions than this post suggests but I figured I’d keep it simple for efficiency. I will post my full story soon for I feel this website is good for support and relations.

Thank you all

buddi
Junior

Re: Sinus bad breath routine

Post by buddi »

So when u r sure u had sinus bad breath, have u got it checked with d doctor? Have u had any CT scans or endoscopies? If any, u r good to share ur cr scans here.
By d way i juss got a nasal irrigation kit yest, yet to try it
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
Batman30

Post by Batman30 »

Sorry for the delay. Is endoscopy the one that goes up the nose and down the throat? If so, yes I have. Just found a deviated septum. The camera that goes down into intestine? I have yet to try that.. might be next on my list.. I’ve been to ENTs, general doc, allergist etc.. but at the end of the day, I’m constantly diagnosing myself. Docs don’t seem to help much and don’t run to anyone with my problem. The internet is your friend. I highly recommend you NASAL IRRIGATE if you got the stuff. One thing to remember is as long as you have your base of saline and distilled water , you can expirment and add other things. JUST DO PLENTY OF RESEARCH BEFORE YOU ADD ANYTHING.
BB---

Post by BB--- »

Batman, have you had tonsillectomy? As you have a deviated septum (as I had) I'd go with the combo tonsillectomy + septoplasty.

I'm trying to establish a logical way to determine bb without a specific chromatography exam (I'm an engineer, can't help myself fixing issues).
I will be creating a post now, please check it out will add the link later so maybe it can help.
Batman30

Post by Batman30 »

BB--- wrote:Batman, have you had tonsillectomy? As you have a deviated septum (as I had) I'd go with the combo tonsillectomy + septoplasty.

I'm trying to establish a logical way to determine bb without a specific chromatography exam (I'm an engineer, can't help myself fixing issues).
I will be creating a post now, please check it out will add the link later so maybe it can help.

I haven’t tried any surgery, That’s my next step. What about you? If you did get it done, did it help?
BB---

Post by BB--- »

I had tonsillectomy and septoplasty 15 days ago (plus a number of other non-bb related surgeries, mostly related to snoring).
The first week I had an awful breath that was even scaring my cat away. However, this is expected after tonsillectomy.
I asked a couple of people in the last few days and they said they couldn't feel anything.
Before, when drinking water, I could always taste something bad and this seems to be gone.

However, I was on antibiotics until very recently and I'm still on antifungal medication so it's very early to say, but I'm quite confident tonsils played at least a part on my BB. I also have developed alitophobia.
I figure when the situation has stabilized in a few months, I'd go for the gas chromatography test (yeah expensive but who cares) to either tackle alitophobia or what is left of BB.

Still, your bb may have a different root cause.
Batman30

Post by Batman30 »

Thanks. Would love an update from you in like a month or so. Hope it works out for you. I’ll try and remember to get in touch in a few weeks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic