Your Email Address:

First Name:

How I've managed my bad breath: going dairy and gluten free

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jo317
Advanced

Re: How I've managed my bad breath: going dairy and gluten free

Post by jo317 »

It also makes sense because some days are worse than others and the only thing that changes is food

JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Obsessive wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:57 pm Hey everyone, I just wanted to share my routine that has been highly effective in managing my BB for about a month now.

My symptoms since childhood: fecal breath, white tongue, sour taste, mild PND. According to an ex-girlfriend, you could only smell it when you got close, but I got teased about it a lot as a kid so I’m very self-conscious. I had bad oral hygiene as a kid, but now it’s become perfect in a fruitless attempt to eliminate bad breath. My sense of smell is very weak, and depending on how bad my PND is I have a constantly stuffy nose.

My routine that manages my bad breath: a gluten free and dairy free diet has been extremely effective for me. Dairy doesn’t come as a big surprise to me: I was so lactose intolerant as a kid that I was almost hospitalized after eating a little piece of pizza. Over time, I was able to eat dairy without having major symptoms, but I did end up with a ton of gas and bloating. Dairy has been easy to eliminate, since if I feel the need to cheat on that part, I can take a Lactaid pill, which at 10 cents a piece are very easy.

I have also been taking betaine HCL pills before meals, but I have no idea if they’re effective at all. I also do nasal irrigation in the morning, and along with the diet elimination this has cleared my nose up a LOT while reducing PND a little.

Gluten sensitivity has been something I’ve been skeptical about but decided to try. First, I switched to a very low carb diet with no gluten and was shocked at having a nearly pink tongue. So long as I drank a good amount of water and ate no gluten, I was left with no sour taste in my mouth — no official confirmation that my BB is gone, but white tongue and sour taste has always been correlated with BB for me.

Recently I have been trying to experiment: is it *really* gluten or maybe just low carb? It does seem that eating sugar gives me a little white tongue, but it’s pretty mild. And I ate a huge bag of potato chips (loaded with carbs) last night and woke up with almost no morning breath and white tongue. On the other hand, it’s probably not just low sugar consumption, since eating a big bowl of pasta gives me HORRIBLE bad breath and it also seems like I get headaches and foggy brain. Also, fruit does not seem to be a problem, and that’s loaded with sugar. Therefore I suspect gluten is really playing a role here, and it’s not just excess carbs or sugar.

Moving forward, I’d like to stay away from gluten as much as possible and experiment further to really ensure that gluten is the problem food. I’m still hoping for a magic bullet or big dose of antibiotics to kill it.

I truly hope some of this information helps! There are probably others out there who have suffered like me and this might be a solution for many of us. I know lots of you have tried elimination diets with no effect, but if you haven’t yet — give this a shot. I tried so many weird quack supplements that did absolutely nothing for me.
Can you give an update on this? Gluten free was the key?

Thanks
the_winter_soldier
Junior

Post by the_winter_soldier »

Hi @Obsessive, can you update us on this? did gluten free worked for you?
Failed Attempts:
- Tonsilloctomy
- Coronectomy
- Treated H.Pylori
- Fasting
- Aloe Vera Juice
- S-Acytl Glutathione
- Treated SIBO ( only reduced bb)
- Celery Juice

Currently trying:
- Pantothenic Acid
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic