Your Email Address:

First Name:

Sudden BB - In search for cure

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
..Hope..
Total Newbie

Sudden BB - In search for cure

Post by ..Hope.. »

Hello,

I've been reading for some time the threads on this forum, and have now decided to become a member. Here, I'll write about my journey for curing my BB, hoping it might help some.

In May, a couple of days after returning from a short visit to Northern Europe, I overheard my colleagues speaking about my BB. From then I started noticing people's reactions covering their noses, stepping back when I spoke, and avoiding me even in open spaces. Out of the blue, I have developed room filling BB and have since been searching for a cause and cure.

First thing I did is of course to go to the dentist. Teeth, gum and tongue are in very good conditions. I had postnasal drip, thick mucous and my right ear was blocked due to excess wax. Went to GP and informed that I might have sinusitis, and was then given antibiotics. After seven days I went back to GP, antibiotics did not help remove the symptoms, however BB intensity was reduced. It could be smelled from 1.5meters distance. GP referred me to ENT and booked me for X-ray.

ENT said I don't have sinusitis but deviated septum. He prescribed another antibiotics, nasal spray (avamys once at night) and pills (Aeirus one at night). After one month I had a followup with ENT. Antibiotics didn't help, but I was feeling the right ear was getting better. I had a throat swap test done and it was clear. ENT asked me to continue using nasal spray and pills, and gave me Biotene gargle and some lozenges. During that period I noticed I have tonsil stones, and metallic taste. The gargle and lozenges made the metallic taste even more intense. CT scan was done which confirmed deviated septum. Basically I only breath from my left nostril. But, I don't believe that the deviated septum is the reason of BB since I always had the deviated septum, but only recently developed BB. I had since many visits to the ENT, and even though he is not totally convinced he agreed to remove the tonsils (date set in Feb2016), he also asked me to do a Barum swallow test, and it showed everything is normal. After two months of using the prescribed nasal spray and pills, I feel the PND is reduced by more than 90%. I have also been prescribed another nasal spray (LichenSed) to use several times a day. For around 10 days using it, I believe it has reduced the intensity of my BB, since I was having close conversations without many reactions. But I still have thick mucous. During my last ENT visit, the doctor also removed the excess wax from my right ear. My next appointment with ENT is next month, and I will continue using Avamys, Aeirus and Lichensed.

I read on the forum someone finding a cure by eating Tamarinds. So I started eating sweet tamarind (5 pieces twice or once daily) and feel that the thick mucous has been reduced a lot. However, during this period I couldn't test if my BB has been cured, and I was also traveling to another country with a slightly different climate. I also noticed that I'm getting more often very stinky tonsil stones when eating tamarinds.

I have decided that I would like to rule out as many potential causes as possible before the scheduled tonsillectomy. Honestly, I don't believe removing my tonsils is the cure. I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist on January2016.

When reading about kidney disease, I found I have several of the symptoms, one of them is:
Symptom 5: Metallic Taste in Mouth/Ammonia Breath

A build-up of wastes in the blood (called uremia) can make food taste different and cause bad breath. You may also notice that you stop liking to eat meat, or that you are losing weight because you just don't feel like eating.
source: lifeoptions.org

Went to GP today, she wasn't convinced I have kidney problems due to my age (late twenties) but she booked me tomorrow for a complete blood and urine test.

Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

I'm from bham where are you from? Also ask the surgeon to remove your adenoids
..Hope..
Total Newbie

Post by ..Hope.. »

Since last time I wrote here I took a blood test. The day I took the blood test I went to the dentist while still fasting. The dentist checked my mouth very closely without showing any reactions of BB. Then I simply told her that I'm looking for a cause for my BB, and she said she couldn't smell anything. She said I might have had candida which is gone now. I was happy but not too optimistic, and decided to test my breath later that day. In the evening I meet my friend, and she was clearly covering her nose and holding her breath when speaking to her. A couple of days later, I told my colleague to inform me when I have BB, and she said I didn't have BB at that time (she is very sensitive to smells).

Since then I have not had reactions, so I guess I'm BB free. I stopped taking nasal sprays and pills, but still eating around 5 sweet tamarinds almost daily. I still have tonsil stones and a little PND and mucus.

Today I got my urine and blood test results. I'll be retaking the urine test, but the blood test showed calcium deficiency. The GP suspects vitamin D deficiency too, so she prescribed calcium tablets (1200 mg daily for three months) and vitamin D3 tablets (50,000 units weekly for 12 weeks).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic