Your Email Address:

First Name:

Chlorine Bleach, diluted with water, as mouthwash (start with only few drops!!!)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Soon

Re: Chlorine Bleach, diluted with water, as mouthwash (start with only few drops!!!)

Post by Soon »

Hi Winter,

It's not gone but under control. I have my tonsils removed few months ago but bb still there.

Currently I do my bleach mouthwash at night and a can of schweppes soda water (alkaline water) every night. As bleach has a very strong smell, not good to do it in the morning.

Come morning i will do my usual baking soda and hydrogen peroxide washing. No breakfast. And i will be able to do get normal breath till afternoon.

winter
Sheriff

Re: Chlorine Bleach, diluted with water, as mouthwash (start with only few drops!!!)

Post by winter »

Soon wrote:Hi Winter,

It's not gone but under control. I have my tonsils removed few months ago but bb still there.

Currently I do my bleach mouthwash at night and a can of schweppes soda water (alkaline water) every night. As bleach has a very strong smell, not good to do it in the morning.

Come morning i will do my usual baking soda and hydrogen peroxide washing. No breakfast. And i will be able to do get normal breath till afternoon.
Other people can smell the strong bleach too? Is the bleach or soda water helping more? Were you given PPI? Did that help?

If you repeat the routine in the afternoon, do you get normal breath again? I guess bleach breath is better than bad breath.

How did you manage to get a doctor to do a tonsillectomy for you since, if I remember correctly, you said your tonsils looked normal? Just some small stones?
Soon

Post by Soon »

You will get reaction from people with bleach breath. Its the same as having bad breath in my opinion.

I keep going back to the doctor (over more than a year) and finally he agreed to arrange tonsillectomy for me.

I am not sure where my bad breath originates from. Either from mouth/throat or disgestive, so i try to get myself more alkaline (for guts), eat healthy, cut sugars (Reason for no breakfast) and probiotics

Good news is that before tonsillectomy, i couldnt even get half a day normal breath. In my office its very hard to do a thorough cleaning in the afternoon so i never try.

Whats PPI?
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Soon wrote:You will get reaction from people with bleach breath. Its the same as having bad breath in my opinion.

I keep going back to the doctor (over more than a year) and finally he agreed to arrange tonsillectomy for me.

I am not sure where my bad breath originates from. Either from mouth/throat or disgestive, so i try to get myself more alkaline (for guts), eat healthy, cut sugars (Reason for no breakfast) and probiotics

Good news is that before tonsillectomy, i couldnt even get half a day normal breath. In my office its very hard to do a thorough cleaning in the afternoon so i never try.

Whats PPI?
Proton pump inhibitors. It is used to reduce stomach acid.

How much was the tonsillectomy? Are you still following up with the doctors to explore other causes?
Soon

Post by Soon »

Never try PPI before. I am singaporean and subsidised by government. Cost about SGD 3.5k for government hospital. SGD 10k for private hospital
Soon

Post by Soon »

Hi All,

For those who uses bleach mouthwash and having bleach breath

You can use neutralise them using:
1. Ascorbic acid - aka vitamin C. Get those chewable and sugar free *important
2. Hydrogen peroxide

Hope this help. Im doing both of them to get rid of bleach taste in my mouth. I truely believe bleach mouthwash is the cheapest and most effective mouthwash. Do let me know if you able to get fresh breath which would encourage more discussion on this thread
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Soon wrote:Never try PPI before. I am singaporean and subsidised by government. Cost about SGD 3.5k for government hospital. SGD 10k for private hospital
So you paid about 1.75k after subsidy?

Soon wrote:Hi All,

2. Hydrogen peroxide

Hope this help. Im doing both of them to get rid of bleach taste in my mouth. I truely believe bleach mouthwash is the cheapest and most effective mouthwash. Do let me know if you able to get fresh breath which would encourage more discussion on this thread
How do you all stand the taste of bleach? I keep gagging when I tried it. And I got more reactions that day. Not sure bleach made my BB worse, gagging made it worse, BB + bleach smell, or I just met more intolerant people that day. Would prefer to have reliable feedback before I give it another try. But it's not easy to get good feedback?
Soon

Post by Soon »

winter wrote:
Soon wrote:Never try PPI before. I am singaporean and subsidised by government. Cost about SGD 3.5k for government hospital. SGD 10k for private hospital
So you paid about 1.75k after subsidy?

Soon wrote:Hi All,

2. Hydrogen peroxide

How do you all stand the taste of bleach? I keep gagging when I tried it. And I got more reactions that day. Not sure bleach made my BB worse, gagging made it worse, BB + bleach smell, or I just met more intolerant people that day. Would prefer to have reliable feedback before I give it another try. But it's not easy to get good feedback?

Yes. Paid $1.7k. Out of pocket $100 and the rest from medisave account.

You just need to get use to the taste
Upset20s
Total Newbie

Post by Upset20s »

Any update on this..
Tried twice and failed.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I use it in waterpik, few drops......no aftertaste and feels fresher........it takes i think at lest 40 % off.....not sure
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Upset20s
Total Newbie

Post by Upset20s »

Jimi Stein wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:15 am I use it in waterpik, few drops......no aftertaste and feels fresher........it takes i think at lest 40 % off.....not sure
Thanks for the update..
I am using blis k12 kit now.. Not much improvement. I might stop after 15more days. One month Supply is there.
I need to get used to the chlorine taste. I didn't get the clorox brand. Using someother brand called whiteking contains 4%.hope its safe, not sure.
Upset20s
Total Newbie

Post by Upset20s »

Jimi Stein wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:15 am I use it in waterpik, few drops......no aftertaste and feels fresher........it takes i think at lest 40 % off.....not sure
Hi jimi,

I am really embarrassed to write this coz after seeing many negative comments on blis products, i thought to give it a try.
But now.. I don't know what would be the exact reason for my white hairy tongue. Is it bcoz of blis mouthwash or something else as reason. From my memory, i didn't have hairy tongue before. Now i am noticing it.
Sorry jimi, its hard for me to bear the chlorine taste.
Please help me anyone here your understandings.
I have read almost all post even from years ago and confused with causes, symptoms, treatments and cures. Im really confused about where to start, wht to do and how to find the reason.
Swell

Post by Swell »

Is it safe to do this with cuts in your mouth/bleeding tonsils? I used a waterpik on my tonsils and they started to bleed a little bit, but I still want to do the bleach rinse.
badbrlady

Post by badbrlady »

Wow you guys are brave, i would never ever dare use bleach even diluted. My mouth smells like a sewer but it isn't a toilet.
I'm gonna try xylitol and baking soda. Also i'm gonna stop eating meat everyday.
Jaim618

Post by Jaim618 »

Soon wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 1:28 pm Hi All,

2. Hydrogen peroxide

Can you take vitamin C pills? Or does it have to be chewable?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic