Your Email Address:

First Name:

I just discovered I had tonsile stones. Could it cause BB?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
johntaylorny

I just discovered I had tonsile stones. Could it cause BB?

Post by johntaylorny »

Suffering from BB since puberty, now middle age. Always have bad taste in mouth, tongue white, nothing works.

Today I felt like I had a sore throat and though darn it I'm coming down with something. I used my flashlight to look in my throat and I see a white dot. I though I'm getting strep. I took a Q-tip and began poking around my throat. I don't know if these are my tonsils but I have these skin flaps on the sides of my throat (kinda look like a girls private parts). I move the flaps out of the way to reveal what looks like a 'valley' in my skin. This 'valley' was filled with these white stones. I couldn't get them out with the q-tip so I used the handle of a rat tail comb. Scraped the valley out and all these white stones came out.

Could these cause the BB?

ttylxman2
Junior
Re: I just discovered I had tonsile stones. Could it cause BB?

Post by ttylxman2 »

johntaylorny wrote:Suffering from BB since puberty, now middle age. Always have bad taste in mouth, tongue white, nothing works.

Today I felt like I had a sore throat and though darn it I'm coming down with something. I used my flashlight to look in my throat and I see a white dot. I though I'm getting strep. I took a Q-tip and began poking around my throat. I don't know if these are my tonsils but I have these skin flaps on the sides of my throat (kinda look like a girls private parts). I move the flaps out of the way to reveal what looks like a 'valley' in my skin. This 'valley' was filled with these white stones. I couldn't get them out with the q-tip so I used the handle of a rat tail comb. Scraped the valley out and all these white stones came out.

Could these cause the BB?
Absolutely. Besides the stones being guaranteed to add some stank to your breath, you may also have infected tonsils and not even know it. They don't have to be obviously infected for there to be something going on.. ENTs can misdiagnose you as healthy. This is something I learned the hard way when I paid privately to have them taken out for tonsil stones (not good enough reason alone for Canadian doctors to remove them) but they ended up being severely infected as well.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Alot of us have been down the 'tonsil stone' route.
I had loads of them. I think I got most of them out. Ended up having my tonsils removed. No effect on my breath whatsoever.
ttylxman2
Junior

Post by ttylxman2 »

MrChips wrote:Alot of us have been down the 'tonsil stone' route.
I had loads of them. I think I got most of them out. Ended up having my tonsils removed. No effect on my breath whatsoever.
It's true that a lot of people here are quick to blame their tonsils or tonsil stones for the cause of their breath. Can I ask if you have ever had a bad taste in your mouth associated with your bad breath?

I think that if you have a terrible taste that is tied to the intensity of your breath, then you are much more likely to be cured or significantly helped by removing your tonsils. You said before that you have TMAU, which is a blood problem rather than an oral problem. If that is true, then it makes sense that removing your tonsils would do very little to help. Those of us who battle with constant reinfection of some kind of smelly bacteria that quickly coats our tongues with a horrible taste after doing a full mouth cleansing are more likely dealing with tonsils or periodontal pockets/wisdom teeth pockets harboring bacteria which quickly repopulates as we can not reach and cleanse the source. This is why removing the tonsils can be important, as well as having any root canals inspected to make sure they aren't rotting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic