Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad Breath Might be comming from no one expects it would

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Bad Breath Might be comming from no one expects it would

Post by Jimi Stein »

Well I did some tests and I think that we are all lookin gin the dark. I mean most of us.

Here are my facts.

Bad breath is stronger from mouth than from nose. So this means that it is hardly beleivable that it would come from stomach, it would come from lungs it would come from throat because then it would smell the same from mouth or from nose.

Well we all know that bacteria is anerobic and it lives without oxygen. So it must hide somewhere deep where is no oxygen. And probably it is not in sinues because it would smell worse from nose than from mouth.

I think that the bad breath is coming from BETWEEN THE TEETH - FROM THE GUMS AREA

My densits had done somethinf to my lower gums and I feel so fresh the whole 5 days, and anly lower gums. THe fresh taste is unimaginable. THe throat lump is gone, the coating is gone, tiredness in my head is gone. I feel so fresh in my mouth.

And this is another thing why vitamin C would work. Oceanside said his teeth are perfect he has no fillings at all, so this is why i think it helped him so much. He did not have so much bacteria inside gums as we do and VIT C helped him. We all know that without VIT C the teeth fell out of sailors mouths whwn they did not eat any fruit.

SO probaly VIT C is killing bacteria in the gums and this is why we get relief.

I am still experimenting but I feel fresh and this is why we should research this area too.

I think we might harbout special bacteria in our gums and we get BB because of that.

ANd that we should focus in this area. I mean this is the only place that is without oxygen beside tonsils and a lot of us do not have tonsils anymore.

So I am so sure this might be the cause, that something is wrong with our gums and this should be treated. Even if dentist can not find anything there we should stil be persistent.

Remember VIT C and gums are closely connected and only VIT C is helping right now.

I will still wait till the dentis t do my upper gums so I will report but I feel fresh and after 1 day the lump dep in my throat somehow feel of and I could smell that odour, like it somehow popped, becauuse the bacteria count in my mouth was drastically lower.

Not sure I have not tested it on people, but I feel more confident and do not feel I should close my mouth all the time. I feel fresher.

Belle
Junior

Post by Belle »

Jimi

What exactly did your dentist do to your gums?

Belle
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Yes would be interesting to know what the dentist did :)

As far as I know Vitamin C doesn't kill bacteria. The reason sailors' teeth fell out due to lack of Vitamin C was because Vitamin C is involved in the construction of Collagen, which gives tissue (including gums) it's solidity.

Would be good if a Vitamin C Expert could step forward and explain how/if/why some people say they get relief from sucking it 8-[

I'm Confused: I thought the tongue was the anaerobic bacterias' favourite hang-out? Deep down between the papillae :?: Isn't that why we're scraping..?

But yeah, if you got such superb relief from that gum treatment, we should all try it :idea:
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Well I have to wait

It is not confirmed yet, but till yesterday I got superb fresh breath for few days

And later that day I used that waterpik again and it feels like the taste came back.

I think the reason really might be in the gums, but I have to wait till the dentist try to do that stuff on the top gums also.

Then I will report.

Has anybody done deep cleaning?

It seems so unbeleivable that the bb would come from tongue, where would the bacteria hide .
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I think the so-called experts/monkeys have always claimed the anaerobic bac hide between the papillae, that's why we scrape/brush etc...

Twilight
Junior

Post by Twilight »

Jimi wrote: It seems so unbeleivable that the bb would come from tongue, where would the bacteria hide .
It could definitely be your gums, Jimi. But remember that we seem to appear in groups of in terms of what our underlying cause of bb is so such is not the case for everyone. Anyone who has any doubts about this area should definitely check it out.

That said, I can assure you that the tongue is an excellent place for bacteria to hide given that I am currently recovering from thrush due in part of my liquid antibiotics. Thrush affects most of the oral cavity: palate, cheeks, even along gum line...but the tongue is the absolute worst when it comes to collecting and storing yeast microbes. For once, with such overgrowth, you are given a better visual or how exactly bacteria my stored in between your papillae, grooves, etc. I scraped with a spoon for about an hour's length total and I still couldn't get it all off. Not to say that the bacteria found in our mouths is as prevalent or as difficult to remove as yeast...but you can definitely see how the tongue provides an excellent surface area.

"Yeast species either require oxygen for aerobic cellular respiration (obligate aerobes), or are anaerobic but also have aerobic methods of energy production (facultative anaerobes). Unlike bacteria, there are no known yeast species that grow only anaerobically (obligate anaerobes)."

I would just like to note how the yeast was actually most prevalent and the trickiest to get rid of at the tip of my tongue.

What this means is that there is good news in that the anaerobic bacteria that causes our bb isn't harvested as prolifically b/c the yeast thrives upon the constant introduction to oxygen whereas our mouth bacteria doesn't.

If you have distinct smell between your teeth this is an excellent clue. I would continue looking into it as there is absolutely no smell around my teeth area and never has been. We all experience a lot of the same symptoms, but when we find the differences, that is when it becomes especially helpful.

Have you gums been checked thoroughly checked by dentists in the past? They did it for me and mine were very healthy because I floss twice daily and am younger(21)...all 1's and 2's.
shorty
Total Newbie

Post by shorty »

Yes Jimi
I have done deep cleaning. I have a periodentist and a regular dentist. Deep cleaning(scraping and plaining it use to be called) did help with the fecal smell, but I still have bad breath. I had gum diease so they had to do this. I got the deep cleaning about 9 years ago. Every four months I have to get my teeth cleaned. The periodentist and the regular dentist alternate cleanings every four months. I had deep periopockets in my gums that were filled with bacteria. The deep cleaning did help and it saved my teeth. I still had a breath odor which was coming from my tongue and tonsils. I had my tonsils and adnoids taken out in Nov. also I clean my tongue with the tung brush. Its still not 100% but its about 90% better and when I take vit C it is a 100% better. \:D/ Everyones looking for one particular thing to stop our bad breath but one thing might not help. We have to use a combination of other things to help. I know some people said that they have been cured by using one thing but for some of use it's gonna take a combination of things. :?
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

SO shorty you are saying that you have rid of bb

Good

SO everybody watch out for tonsils and gums
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

yeah, a periodontist do that, but at least you have gum disease like shorty, i believe gums are not a major source of bad breath at the level that tongue or tonsils might be.
The gums are tested in levels of depht: from 1 to 3 milimeters they are healthy, from 3-5 they have to be treated to avoid excess of bacteria and a future worsening of the situation. 5-10 is a several gum disease with risk of loosing your teeth.
So it´s very probably that someone with gum disease has bb, or it´s contribiuting several to it. But in normal levels, i believe the kind of bb that causes gums it´s not the same of a chronic bb sufferer..

My dentist do this procedures to me every 4 - 6 months, and i feel cleaner and fresher for a few days, but nothing that gonna get rid my bb.

Btw, gum problems are very common on people, and the most of them don´t have considerable bad breath,

so in my opinion, it´s a thing that we should take care like all people but it´s not gonna be a powerfull solution,
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Well my previous dentist was an asshole, he never heard for cleaning, when I mentioned to him that in America they do cleaning on regular basis he just laughed.

That ****ing butcher

Well I am stil thinking how come if we clean the tongue with a tungbrush and I have no tonsils left where would the smell come from.

I doubt that from coated tongue, because many people hav coated tongues.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

i don´t have any doubt that the final place were the bacteria hides (at least in my case) is in the back of my tongue.

While the first half of my tongue it´s middle pink or in a bad day whiter, and have little smell if i touch it with my fingers and smeel it, The last part in the back is brown or yellow at it smells sooooo much worst and it´s UNCLEANABLE! at least with the tongue scraper that i was available to get.

How the ***k i´m gonna fix this, i don´t know.
But i´m doing the allergy test ( and meanwhile i´m using a nasal spray) and i´m gonna check if i have those ****ing adenoids or not and i´m gonna see a gastroenteroligist too,

I alrready lasered my palatine tonsils...

i´m so angry
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

That disgusting concentrated smelly gunk in between the back teeth... is it the same stench that is accumulating in the throat? Why can I not really smell my own breath, but I can smell that gunk between the teeth? Curious.

Anyway, I think anything in the mouth is only a result of whats coming down from the nose, or coming up from the throat. Clean the mouth all you want, but eventually you throat/nose will release more bacteria. That stuff between the teeth is basically the breakdown of rotten food being eaten by bacteria. It gets stuck in the teeth that are closest together.

Oddly, as white and furry as my tongue is, it doesn't smell abnormal at all. Same when I put my finger all the way down.
shorty
Total Newbie

Post by shorty »

No!!! Jimi
You read my post wrong. I didn't say I was cured from getting the deep cleaning or tonsils removed. I said that it help a lot about 80 to 90% but I still have bb if I don't clean my teeth and tongue. Also I have to take the vit C. I can't use regular tooth paste or mouth wash because of the soap that's in the toothpaste and alcohol in the mouth wash, so I use all natural mouth washes and paste. I use nullo for my breath too. I have to use many products to maintain fresh breath but at least I can achieve this before getting my tonsils and deep cleaning nothing would keep my breath fresh.
Twilight
Junior

Post by Twilight »

emotional rescue wrote:yeah, a periodontist do that, but at least you have gum disease like shorty, i believe gums are not a major source of bad breath at the level that tongue or tonsils might be.
The gums are tested in levels of depht: from 1 to 3 milimeters they are healthy, from 3-5 they have to be treated to avoid excess of bacteria and a future worsening of the situation. 5-10 is a several gum disease with risk of loosing your teeth.
So it´s very probably that someone with gum disease has bb, or it´s contribiuting several to it. But in normal levels, i believe the kind of bb that causes gums it´s not the same of a chronic bb sufferer..

My dentist do this procedures to me every 4 - 6 months, and i feel cleaner and fresher for a few days, but nothing that gonna get rid my bb.

Btw, gum problems are very common on people, and the most of them don´t have considerable bad breath,
To the contrary, when my dentist was checking my gums with his mask on he said "the good news is, I can't smell anything with the mask on and if people do have gum disease I usually smell it through the mask".

People with gum disease can some of the most offending breath around depending on the degree.

To those who get that horrible smell between you teeth, maybe you should really consider your gums. Especially you, Elliott, if you get no smell on your tongue. I never experienced the smell on the floss or anything but I floss twice daily.
TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

My friend said her hubby had horrible bb due to gum disease. It wasn't fart smelly - she couldn't describe it. All my dentists have ruled out my gums. I'm sure there are many reasons why people have bad breath. I read online last night that a lady had a dog with horrible breath and it turned out he had a tumor on his spleen. They did surgery on it and afterward the dog had no more bb. I think if you have pnd that your bb has to do with a low grade, chronic upper respiratory infection - like in the lungs, tonsils, adenoids or sinuses.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic