Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tonsil and Adenoid Surgery

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Life_Goes_On
Advanced
Re: Tonsil and Adenoid Surgery

Post by Life_Goes_On »

winter wrote:Life goes on, where are you from? How do you get your doctor to assist you? I have to beg for all the tests and justify why I think that might be the cause of my problem.
I live in Las Vegas

My strategy in getting doctors to assist me with test is simple, I go to a clinic with many doctors within instead of going to an individual/small doctors office. Even though I'm assigned a primary care doctor at the clinic I go to, I can still set up appointments to see other doctors within the clinic. That way I can rotate doctors around if I feel like I'm annoying a doctor with my frequent visits. Also, using the same clinic is important because any doctor I go to within can pull up my record as far as previous test, symptoms, concerns noted, surgeries, etc. With that type of information on file I rarely have to fight to get a test/referral issued because every doctor can already see my information, which speaks for itself.

Also, I rarely use bad breath as a concern because most doctors would normally not take you serious and would refer you to a dentist instead. I don't think doctors understand how much halitosis can truly affect an individual. And don't overwhelm the doctors with too much work, I normally like to ask for one test/referral per visit. Most doctors have to see many patients daily, therefore in order to make their day easier you must know exactly what test/referral you want before your appointment. Be prepared to explain what symptoms you're experiencing and how those symptoms are affecting your quality of life. And if you have to lie about some of the symptoms you're experiencing just to get a test/referral then do it. Remember, there is no shame in using desperate measures in trying to improve your quality of life.

winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

My strategy in getting doctors to assist me with test is simple, I go to a clinic with many doctors within instead of going to an individual/small doctors office. Even though I'm assigned a primary care doctor at the clinic I go to, I can still set up appointments to see other doctors within the clinic. That way I can rotate doctors around if I feel like I'm annoying a doctor with my frequent visits. Also, using the same clinic is important because any doctor I go to within can pull up my record as far as previous test, symptoms, concerns noted, surgeries, etc. With that type of information on file I rarely have to fight to get a test/referral issued because every doctor can already see my information, which speaks for itself.

I'm already doing this. I'm notorious at the hospital and the doctors are sick of seeing me.
Also, I rarely use bad breath as a concern because most doctors would normally not take you serious and would refer you to a dentist instead. I don't think doctors understand how much halitosis can truly affect an individual. And don't overwhelm the doctors with too much work, I normally like to ask for one test/referral per visit. Most doctors have to see many patients daily, therefore in order to make their day easier you must know exactly what test/referral you want before your appointment. Be prepared to explain what symptoms you're experiencing and how those symptoms are affecting your quality of life. And if you have to lie about some of the symptoms you're experiencing just to get a test/referral then do it. Remember, there is no shame in using desperate measures in trying to improve your quality of life.
Guess this is my problem. I'm honest with them that halitosis is my main and only concern.
impactdial

Post by impactdial »

Life_Goes_On wrote:
winter wrote:Life goes on, where are you from? How do you get your doctor to assist you? I have to beg for all the tests and justify why I think that might be the cause of my problem.
I live in Las Vegas

Hey life goes on, just writing to say thanks alot for the updated info! And I really hope you find your solution and Im confident you will. Well done for continuing to stay strong and getting on with life, good luck, Im going to try and stay positive aswell.
Life_Goes_On
Advanced

Post by Life_Goes_On »

impactdial wrote: Hey life goes on, just writing to say thanks alot for the updated info! And I really hope you find your solution and Im confident you will. Well done for continuing to stay strong and getting on with life, good luck, Im going to try and stay positive aswell.
Hey I appreciate your continued support @impactdial, people like you help keep me positive through this tough journey. You stay positive my friend, hopefully we'll find our solution. Trust in God, we going to be alright regardless of the outcome.
Life_Goes_On
Advanced

Post by Life_Goes_On »

Hello Everyone,

I have created a new thread for my next updates, Update 6 and up. They will not concern my tonsil and adenoids since I removed them but I'm happy to answer any questions on my new thread that may or may not concern my tonsil and adenoid surgery. Here's the link to my next set of updates (Link: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6687 )
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic