Your Email Address:

First Name:

what does this mean

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
mpkle

what does this mean

Post by mpkle »

Ive noticed people will put a mint or gum in their mouth after talking to me.What does that mean;or cover their mouth( not nose) when talking to me.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

this means that they would like to show you you have bb but they do not want to be direct because that is too rude
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Do you do the same before them?? you know, like cover your mouth when you talk, or stepping back to get a safe distance.....cause i think it´s possible that they aren´t smelling your breath, and because of this signs they could think that you are the one that is reacting to their bad breath, and for that they get a gum or something....

I experience this many times,

if that is the case, is possible that your breath it´s not always so offensive and you should try to establish what is your safe distance, etc,

once you have this more clear, you can and should act more relax, cause people can notice when someone is nervous or insecure, and they won´t know why the hell you´re acting weird, so it´s like adding another problem to bb,

what do you think about this??
mpkle

Post by mpkle »

I want so bad to believe that this is the case and you might be riight ;never the less it is somthing to build on and is in a positive direction and I thank you for that.Im glad you shared that info with me it sounds like you have the same type of experience with this situation.I need to work on not being so nervous all the time..
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

yeah, i experience this many many times, and i´m pretty sure now that they aren´t smelling my breath,

for example, when you´re travelling on a bus or in a car, and for some reason you can´t just open the window, so i start to get my head back to create more distance, cause i´m nervous about my bb, and then....many many times i´ve seen people or friends testing his breaths with shame in front of me....like if i´m getting offended by his breath......
now i know that when that happends it´s just a sign that i just need to calm down and relax, and don´t do more body signs, cause you know, we all read others body language....we show our insecurity.....but if i have bad breath in that time why the other people try to test his own breath, like with shame....like hidding???

another thing:

ten, eleven years ago when i discover this problem, i wasn´t sooo concius about all this, it was all very new. So for example i used to think that if i chewed gum, or i eat some things that i used to think don´t gave me bb, that´s it.
First years i even have girlfriend, but then with years i went more paranoid about bb and those things only get things worst and make you more unhappy.
I´m an outgoing guy, but i suffer a lot (like all here) with this, but i know with all the things that i tried to get rid of my bb that i´m better that in the start.....
so now i´m working on my spiritual side to gain all over again all the confidence that i lost along these years, to get out off me all this paranoia, cause is one of the worst things of bb, maybe worst that bb itself....

I´ve seen people with bb that werent concious about it, to do more things that me in life just because they weren´t conciuos about it and they show at people like they really are,..... and you know what?......i think most people don´t care so much if you have bb or not, cause it´s not the only thing to look in the world,
people get used to it and accept people how it is...... i know, easy said that done, but is the truth and we all should work stronger in that.....

So i guess my advice is.....live your life, try to enjoy each day, day by day, life goes fast, do many things as you could, and look for a cure, this is just a disorder without a discovered cure, we don´t have a reason to be ashamed about it, go to see doctors and talk about this straight and clear.....but don´t let paranoia and sadness take control of your life

this moment is your life
Leena
Junior

Post by Leena »

emotional rescue wrote: this moment is your life
Perfectly said!

I totally agree with you. People don`t care that much about BB, but they do care about personality and they take it strange if we act like freaks all the time. :D
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

Leena wrote:
emotional rescue wrote: this moment is your life
Perfectly said!

I totally agree with you. People don`t care that much about BB, but they do care about personality and they take it strange if we act like freaks all the time. :D
yay positivity! i'm with you guys 100%

some people are ignorant and overreact to bb and others understand it's part of life and some people have it. find those who accept you and LIVE YOUR LIFE! :)
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

sweets07 wrote:some people are ignorant and overreact to bb and others understand it's part of life and some people have it. find those who accept you and LIVE YOUR LIFE! :)
Mind telling me where I can find those people? :P
Most people do accept you just like everyone else, but they don't accept your breath. Its not their fault, its not like they're evil or something its just that bb stinks. I can't stand when I'm talking with someone that has bad breath, I just can't tolerate it. Why would I expect anyone else not to? Its completely normal.
sweets07
Advanced

Post by sweets07 »

noptical wrote:
sweets07 wrote:some people are ignorant and overreact to bb and others understand it's part of life and some people have it. find those who accept you and LIVE YOUR LIFE! :)
Mind telling me where I can find those people? :P
Most people do accept you just like everyone else, but they don't accept your breath. Its not their fault, its not like they're evil or something its just that bb stinks. I can't stand when I'm talking with someone that has bad breath, I just can't tolerate it. Why would I expect anyone else not to? Its completely normal.
i don't know. i don't know why i have lots of friends and people stiil interested in dating me despite this problem. i learned to adjust and so have they. i hate bb on people too, but i know it's common and i don't get dramatic when i smell other people's bb.
BBNO

Post by BBNO »

emotional- I liked your post alot, it reminded me how I was before the constant paranoia. Its so easy to fall into an emotional downward spiral and constantly act weird/nervous. Thats whats happening to me. People react more negatively to my "weirdness" than my BB. All you can do is combat the BB as much as is practical, then live your life without fear. Yeah I have BB, but women are still attracted to me. Living with this curse is begining to make me a nicer/better person and hopefully that is what people will take note of in the long run.
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

[quote="but don´t let paranoia and sadness take control of your life

this moment is your life[/quote]

I agree with you, ive started to look at life differently, OK i have this problem but am i going to let it ruine my life. So ive started to get in contact with old friends go out and basically started living instead of existing. I wish i never had the problem, but i have to deal with it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic