Your Email Address:

First Name:

hiatal hernia as a reason for the fecal breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
me
Advanced

hiatal hernia as a reason for the fecal breath

Post by me »

Did all of you guys here with fecal breath been tested for hiatal hernia??
My stomach is always making noises that everybody can hear so I don't know maybe it could be a reason, what do you guys think?

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I think noisy stomach is something everyone experiences, and has just as much to do with a hernia as it does with other issues or simple digestion.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion, but if you're able and have tried everything else, I guess it couldn't hurt to get tested out.
me
Advanced

Post by me »

the noises my stomach makes are not normal, my stomach makes noises that everyone whos in class with me can hear :oops: , the strong noises strarted when I got the BB
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

i used to have stomach noises all the time.. I don't have them so much anymore.

Usually though, the noises would happen when I'm with someone, so I think it may be a product of anxiety or nervousness too.

Could you describe these noises more? When I was in a relationship some years ago, I had these stomach noises (though I don't think I had BB at that time or some of the other symptoms I suffer from now) and between myself and my girlfriend, it was kind of a joke that it was a parasite named Jimbo. We noticed she also developed a 'jimbo' with some noisiness and we pretended they were lovers.

We never took it very seriously though. But now, my stomach doesn't do so much rumbling is it used to.. Hm.
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

I went to get tested last Friday and I don't have a hiatel hernia. Went to a chiropracter and after examining me he said that was not my problem. He also said that if I did, the endoscopy I had at the gastro doc would have shown that. He also ran some scanner up my back and said it showed a strong imbalance in certain areas (in my system). He's sending me for an X-Ray. Why? I have NO idea. But I'm getting that done tomorrow. He mentioned something interesting though. He said probiotics on there own don't work for a lot of people especially people with halitosis problems and other digestive issues. He said something about combining them with prebiotics or taking prebiotics first. (This helps them do what they're suppose to do.) I'm just so exhausted and tired of running around to doctors and trying this and trying that -- its so hopeless -- everything that man said went thru one ear and out the other.
Ahmad
Junior

Post by Ahmad »

me wrote:the noises my stomach makes are not normal, my stomach makes noises that everyone whos in class with me can hear :oops: , the strong noises strarted when I got the BB
ONG me. 100% same happent to me during my 8 class, when i satrted developing bb, i remeber my stomach makes those noises. :|
I have a new dream... It is all members cured here... and all helping the new members,,,, only then.. this web site will be a bout cure...***k you jimi take my old signature i need it no more
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

Mine does to. And really loudly where everybody who sits around me in the office can here.
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

Maybe you guys have the rare condition where your stomach just produces way too much acid. Other symptoms would be acid reflux and 'probably' BB. I'm just taking a guess here...
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

MOst of use have loose stomachs, I always have that weak feeling in stomach. It must coming from there, I am fed up from tongue theory. It just does not feel right.

For the chiro, he sent you to xray to get a picture of your spine, because that will prevent him injuring your spine.

Can somebody go and ask a doctor to sew his stomach down for 1 month so we can see?
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

Jimmi - what is that? "sew stomach down"
Maria

Post by Maria »

I had been diagnosed with hiatal hernia just few months ago,though I believe I had it since bb started but these doctors didn't catch it.I remember when 5 years ago went for barium test I saw the problem myself but when got the result was shocked.
Any way now I'm taking Nexium for excessive acid which helps ,but taking nexium my whole life .....I don't know .I'm sure side effects will turn up some where,some day.
Btw I had stomach noise as well specialy went I had milk,vegtable ,fruit and grains(beans,chick peas,lentil,....)
It's been 4 years I stoped eating al these and just since taking nexium started to add these stuff(except fruit due to sweetness) to ny diet gradually.
I did coloscopy,acid monitoring,endoscopy,...every thing you name it and the final result is hiatal hernia after 4 years.
There is no cure for that.Doctor didn't recomend surgery.
john
Junior

Post by john »

once i sat in a car whit a older women and she said the she had a hiatal hernia. Her breath had a very strong feacel smell. but i don't no 100% if that was the cause of her breath, because in your stomach it does not smell like feaces.

maria, have you ever done a halimeter or oral chroma test, and what was the score? the stomach is not producing vsc's so if you have a high score on the halimeter or oral chroma, it is coming from your mouth.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

[quote="Maria"]
Any way now I'm taking Nexium for excessive acid which helps ,but taking nexium my whole life .....I don't know .I'm sure side effects will turn up some where,some day.

I`ve also taken nexium, zantac, parriet & other antacids precribed by different doctors in the past even though the endoscopies reveal different results(sometimes it shows that I have hyperacidity & sometimes it`s normal).I`ve read that some people(a low percentage) who have taken antacids for many years have a tendency to acquire alzheimer`s. I`ve been thinking about it since then cuz I took them for about 2years straight without any proof that I have acid reflux but I`m not worried anymore cuz there had been a new research that shows ginkgo biloba can counter this disease.

I also have hiatal hernia but my doctors said that it can be repaired through surgery.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

[quote="john"]once i sat in a car whit a older women and she said the she had a hiatal hernia. Her breath had a very strong feacel smell. but i don't no 100% if that was the cause of her breath, because in your stomach it does not smell like feaces.

I agree. My doctors said that there are a lot of people with hiatal hernia that do not have bb and when some of them have it is the smell of the food that they ate or sometimes a puke-like smell arises from the stomach.

my hiatal hernia was caused by weight increase so an option to reverse it is to undergo a weight loss program. another option is to change the position of the bed so that the acid won`t come up while I sleep.
me
Advanced

Post by me »

Could you describe these noises more?
well some times I can feel them coming, so ill start making noises to diskisit hhehehe any way they are very loud and my stomach defenetly makes more noises when Im near other people, I guess because of the stress level or something
once i sat in a car whit a older women and she said the she had a hiatal hernia. Her breath had a very strong feacel smell. but i don't no 100% if that was the cause of her breath, because in your stomach it does not smell like feaces.
well but maybe for some people it does smell like fecal smell
I had been diagnosed with hiatal hernia just few months ago,though I believe I had it since bb started but these doctors didn't catch it.I remember when 5 years ago went for barium test I saw the problem myself but when got the result was shocked.
I got an endoscopy like a year ago and a couple xrays too, yet the doctor looked at them like for 3 minutes and said my stomach was normal and that I only had a little acid reflux

anyway I have a feeling that something else is wrong with it and thats why I have this awfull fecal breath, I mean doctors make mistakes after all, The problem is that Im just tired of seeing doctors, wasting money and getting no answers, when doctors see me they are like you again?
I am fed up from tongue theory. It just does not feel right.
such a strong gasy smell has to come from somwhere else, we should call it something else and not BB maybe that way it would be taking serious, althou are breath stinks like shit what we have is not regular BB, what we have is a gas that runs throug are system
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic