Your Email Address:

First Name:

Observations after nasal rinse

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
fthis

Observations after nasal rinse

Post by fthis »

Hello,

Inspired by someones post on here I decided to give nasal rinsing a go, using boiled water with a bit of salt and some baking soda.
Now after doing this I have noticed that I can smell my own nasal breath, but only when I step outside.
This has been quite a revelation for me as I've noticed that the odor is at it's worst after I've eaten, in fact today I hardly ate anything and the smell was pretty much gone until I ate something.
I never thought I had TMAU, but reading up about it I think it might be a real possibility and I hope to get tested soon. In the meantime I will experiment myself with choline rich foods and post here about my findings.

fthis

Re: Observations after nasal rinse

Post by fthis »

Oh by the way, the odor is fecal, something I had never been able to smell on myself before 'cept for a few wiffs here and there perhaps.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Go out of the house? Do you have to go out immediately? How long can you smell yourself?

Done nasal rinse before, but didn't notice this.
fthis

Post by fthis »

winter wrote:Go out of the house?
Yes, walk out of the front door. Where it doesn't smell like me I suppose.
Do you have to go out immediately?
Actually straight after doing the nasal rinse I can't smell it, it takes some time for the smell to fill my nose again.
How long can you smell yourself?
Hours, as time goes by it fades and I have to inhale deeper through my nose to catch the scent.
Done nasal rinse before, but didn't notice this.
Was hoping someone had.

What's interesting is the difference in smells when I eat certain kinds of foods, fish and spinach made it smell really fecal, spaghetti and vegetables just a really unpleasant smell. I'm pretty sure I have some metabolic condition.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

How long does it take after eating for the BB to worsen? How long does it take for the odor to improve again? Can exercise and see what is the effect?

Congrats! At least you can find out what food to avoid now.
fthis

Post by fthis »

winter wrote:How long does it take after eating for the BB to worsen?
Minutes
How long does it take for the odor to improve again?

Hours.
This is like a rush of stink that slowly eases off, something I could not detect before myself, I guess my saliva stays smelly pretty much all the time.
It will be interesting to see what happens after a week of 2 of this low-choline diet. I have ordered some chlorophyll and vitamin B2.
Can exercise and see what is the effect?
Yeah if I can find the energy, been pretty much starving myself, I'm used to eating quite a bit of protein...
Congrats! At least you can find out what food to avoid now.
Thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic