Your Email Address:

First Name:

CURED, simple cure for many of you (tongue, PND)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
curebringer
Total Newbie

CURED, simple cure for many of you (tongue, PND)

Post by curebringer »

OKAY, first of all, I've been browsing this forum for a very long time, probably read about 70% of the stuff posted on here, and tried many of the creative ideas to tackle bb. Unfortunately most of it didn't help, but it did give me some ideas, and led me to the cure, or better said a way to cope.

My symptoms:

PND due to sinusitis, one nostril closes, then the other, especially when lying down etc.
Globus sensation in throat
BB, usually noticeable when stressed, in social settings like classrooms, perhaps aggrevated by a dry mouth?
smell of food lingers for a long time, sometimes even for a few days if I ate eggs, chocolate, dairy, but not always. strange? :)
gets better for a short time after eating, or smoking
usually best breath is the morning after drinking alcohol (probably large amount of alcohol cleans the tongue)
sometimes the breath is better if I'm sick and my nose cloggs, so there is no PND flowing down
usually manageable breath with gum, but not always

Some of the things I've tried:

Neti pot (with saline, oregano oil, tea tree oil, gse, acv, h2o2, colloidal silver etc.), also friggys flip turn flush
All wisdom tooth extracted (upper ones didn't even come out yet, but were in an awkward position, so no regrets there)
Fixed deviated septum, and enlarged turbinate (didn't help PND nor sinusitis)
Palatine and adenoid tonsils extracted when I was a kid (suffered from bronchitis)
Gastroscopy - everything ok
Various diets, from vegan to paleo diet, to a 3 day fast (the fast actually got rid of bb during until I ate again, but now you'll find why)

Now that I've got you convinced I'm not a noob, let me tell you THE SIMPLE TRUTH and the CURE:

THE SIMPLE TRUTH:

THERE IS A GREAT PROBABILITY YOU DON'T HAVE AN EXTREME ILLNESS OR WEIRD BACTERIA OR GASTROINTESTINAL ISSUES CAUSING YOUR BAD BREATH. So try to relax. Perhaps some of you do, but I'm sure most of you don't. So I urge you to stop creating false symptoms of other disorders in order to justify some weird theory how your case is special and you need a special cure. It's like searching for a holy grail. Can be fun, but leads to a dead end and more misery.

The problem most of us have is a BUMPY TONGUE and PND, or just one of these.

This is my theory - PND gets stuck way back on our tongue, where we can't even see, and usually don't brush or scrape because it's basically in our throat. When we eat, food gets stuck in that PND and causes the smell. You'll notice that some food will smell worse than other, sometimes it's related to the foods texture. If you eat a hard piece of bread, perhaps the smell won't be as bad because most of it passes through without getting trapped, but if you eat a semi-liquid substance like chocolate it almost entirely gets trapped in that throat mucus and its hard to get rid of it.

So then you do the PERFECT ORAL ROUTINE with the special toothpaste, tootbrush, neti pot, gse gargles and all that crap and yet the smell is still there. It's there because you didn't even reach the main source of the stench.

You need to brush WAY THE ***k BACK OF YOUR TONGUE, IN YOUR THROAT BASICALLY. And do it a bit harder (put more pressure) than you usually would, and do it longer. Do it until there is no more mucus to expel and you kind of feel that the area is clean.

WHAT I USE:

I use this type of toothbrush http://www.curaden.com.au/content/image ... s_370.jpeg but I trim it down to 1/2 or a bit less. The more you trim the rougher it gets, can cause bleeding if you trim too much.
Basically look for a tootbrush that you'll be able to get far down your throat as possible. So a small head and without some wavey design bullshit. That Orabrush is also probably good, but I've never tried it.
I don't see how scrappers or a spoon would be of any use in that bumpy region, so use a trimmed brush.

This is my routine:

1. Use that brush to scrape the tongue.
2. Brush teeth (with a different brush or an electric brush)
3. Scrape the tongue again with trimmed brush AND the electric brush if necessary
FOCUS ON THE BACK REGION WHERE THE BUMPS ARE! Go from back to front when scrapping, and don't just scrape the middle, get the sides too.

THAT'S IT!

How long this whole procedure lasts depends on the situation. It's best to do it after every meal though, or before any social encounter.
Sometimes you'll do it and realise the smell is still there. Don't panic, just scrape it again, you've obviously missed some part. Another tip is to use warm/hot water on the trimmed brush to get the mucus off more efficiently.

So basically, do everything you usually do, plus this scrapping and I bet most of you will see a difference.

But beware - you'll always have to be cautious about your breath, until you resolve the PND and/or bumpy tongue. Probably never. So until that happens, use this technique recommended for every average Joe, but necessary for our situation and do it PROPERLY.

Sorry if this post is too long for such a simple recommendation, but I just want to help all of you, including JIMI. Because I've read most of your posts, and I think you could benefit from this as well.

Feel free to ask questions. Looking forward to replies, good luck.

Attraction
Advanced

Re: CURED, simple cure for many of you (tongue, PND)

Post by Attraction »

There is a lot more that causes bad breath than just the back of the tongue. Usually, it is just a symptom.
salehia802

Post by salehia802 »

maybe you are right but PND itself is because another causes in body. PND is not a main reason its a effected. yes it causes BB but we should deal up with that main reason that causes PND and then BB to give up halitosis.
curebringer
Total Newbie

Post by curebringer »

salehia802 wrote:maybe you are right but PND itself is because another causes in body. PND is not a main reason its a effected. yes it causes BB but we should deal up with that main reason that causes PND and then BB to give up halitosis.
I'm aware of that. But it's not the PND that smells bad, it's actually the food particles that get stuck in it. So if you clean your tongue properly as I've just described, you will drastically reduce the stench. It could take years to fix the PND, who knows what the hell causes it. At least manage the BB this way until that gets sorted out.

Attraction wrote:There is a lot more that causes bad breath than just the back of the tongue. Usually, it is just a symptom.
Yeah, but for most people its the tongue and mucus with food particles. I've read countless posts here and on other forums with people who have the exact same symptoms as myself, so I believe it's the most obvious reason. Actually, I think the tongue even without mucus is susceptible to bad breath. I've had this problem even before my sinus issues started. Perhaps it's lingual tonsils. And maybe lingual tonsils create extra mucus in that throat region. Whatever it is, getting rid of that crap is key.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Curebringer, I think you may be onto something! But I think it would only apply to people with Type 1 & 2 BB. It would certainly explain why people with horrible oral hygiene or even messed up teeth don't have BB yet we do. Even thinking back, whenever I have come across other people who had a BB problem they typically also had bumpy tongues
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
salehia802

Post by salehia802 »

yes if for a temporary solution it can be very helpful so really thank you for sharing. I'll try it. (but let's not to forget to search for that "hell causes" ;) )
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

curebringer wrote:
salehia802 wrote:maybe you are right but PND itself is because another causes in body. PND is not a main reason its a effected. yes it causes BB but we should deal up with that main reason that causes PND and then BB to give up halitosis.
I'm aware of that. But it's not the PND that smells bad, it's actually the food particles that get stuck in it. So if you clean your tongue properly as I've just described, you will drastically reduce the stench. It could take years to fix the PND, who knows what the hell causes it. At least manage the BB this way until that gets sorted out.

Hi curebringer, my problem is the mucus doesn't EVER go away from my pharynx, it's a non-stop production and the "ball", or lump is always sitting down where I can't reach it. The back of my throat is like glue and I scraped it to death many times, the more I scrape it the more mucus comes up in my throat. I end up spitting a lot ( sorry, gross ) and nothing changes. That's the problem with laryngo-pharyngeal reflux. Also, mine is caused by a hiatal hernia. I have had this problem since childhood and I am now almost 30. My father has it as well and will die with it.
I have that even if I don't eat at all. Same for the body odor. I am glad it worked for you. However for many it could not work...I have been reading posts here for years and I joined just recently. It's sad when you read the same names over and over, of people posting in 2006 and still posting in 2016.
Anyway...I don't have a life because of this so this place is keeping alive until I can stand it.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

When you all talk about PND, can you feel the mucus? Or can it be a "phantom" problem? I only got PND for 2 weeks a year ago.

Also, when you go on a water fast, how long does it take for you to see the effect?
curebringer
Total Newbie

Post by curebringer »

winter wrote:When you all talk about PND, can you feel the mucus? Or can it be a "phantom" problem? I only got PND for 2 weeks a year ago.

Also, when you go on a water fast, how long does it take for you to see the effect?
steffna wrote:
curebringer wrote:
It's definitely mucus. Water fast didn't cure it, it just got rid of the stench on 2nd day because the water dissolved mucus and food particles stuck in throat. But as soon as I ate again the smell was back. Check out my "Breakthrough topic" from yesterday.

Hi curebringer, my problem is the mucus doesn't EVER go away from my pharynx, it's a non-stop production and the "ball", or lump is always sitting down where I can't reach it. The back of my throat is like glue and I scraped it to death many times, the more I scrape it the more mucus comes up in my throat. I end up spitting a lot ( sorry, gross ) and nothing changes. That's the problem with laryngo-pharyngeal reflux. Also, mine is caused by a hiatal hernia. I have had this problem since childhood and I am now almost 30. My father has it as well and will die with it.
I have that even if I don't eat at all. Same for the body odor. I am glad it worked for you. However for many it could not work...I have been reading posts here for years and I joined just recently. It's sad when you read the same names over and over, of people posting in 2006 and still posting in 2016.
Anyway...I don't have a life because of this so this place is keeping alive until I can stand it.
Check out my new thread "Breakthrough..." it might be helpful.
JennyMiller
Total Newbie

Post by JennyMiller »

I also have PND but its super sticky and thin. Its hard to spit so i always swallow, my breath smells spoiled rice all the time.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

curebringer wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:54 pm OKAY, first of all, I've been browsing this forum for a very long time, probably read about 70% of the stuff posted on here, and tried many of the creative ideas to tackle bb. Unfortunately most of it didn't help, but it did give me some ideas, and led me to the cure, or better said a way to cope.

My symptoms:

PND due to sinusitis, one nostril closes, then the other, especially when lying down etc.
Globus sensation in throat
BB, usually noticeable when stressed, in social settings like classrooms, perhaps aggrevated by a dry mouth?
smell of food lingers for a long time, sometimes even for a few days if I ate eggs, chocolate, dairy, but not always. strange? :)
gets better for a short time after eating, or smoking
usually best breath is the morning after drinking alcohol (probably large amount of alcohol cleans the tongue)
sometimes the breath is better if I'm sick and my nose cloggs, so there is no PND flowing down
usually manageable breath with gum, but not always

Some of the things I've tried:

Neti pot (with saline, oregano oil, tea tree oil, gse, acv, h2o2, colloidal silver etc.), also friggys flip turn flush
All wisdom tooth extracted (upper ones didn't even come out yet, but were in an awkward position, so no regrets there)
Fixed deviated septum, and enlarged turbinate (didn't help PND nor sinusitis)
Palatine and adenoid tonsils extracted when I was a kid (suffered from bronchitis)
Gastroscopy - everything ok
Various diets, from vegan to paleo diet, to a 3 day fast (the fast actually got rid of bb during until I ate again, but now you'll find why)

Now that I've got you convinced I'm not a noob, let me tell you THE SIMPLE TRUTH and the CURE:

THE SIMPLE TRUTH:

THERE IS A GREAT PROBABILITY YOU DON'T HAVE AN EXTREME ILLNESS OR WEIRD BACTERIA OR GASTROINTESTINAL ISSUES CAUSING YOUR BAD BREATH. So try to relax. Perhaps some of you do, but I'm sure most of you don't. So I urge you to stop creating false symptoms of other disorders in order to justify some weird theory how your case is special and you need a special cure. It's like searching for a holy grail. Can be fun, but leads to a dead end and more misery.

The problem most of us have is a BUMPY TONGUE and PND, or just one of these.

This is my theory - PND gets stuck way back on our tongue, where we can't even see, and usually don't brush or scrape because it's basically in our throat. When we eat, food gets stuck in that PND and causes the smell. You'll notice that some food will smell worse than other, sometimes it's related to the foods texture. If you eat a hard piece of bread, perhaps the smell won't be as bad because most of it passes through without getting trapped, but if you eat a semi-liquid substance like chocolate it almost entirely gets trapped in that throat mucus and its hard to get rid of it.

So then you do the PERFECT ORAL ROUTINE with the special toothpaste, tootbrush, neti pot, gse gargles and all that crap and yet the smell is still there. It's there because you didn't even reach the main source of the stench.

You need to brush WAY THE ***k BACK OF YOUR TONGUE, IN YOUR THROAT BASICALLY. And do it a bit harder (put more pressure) than you usually would, and do it longer. Do it until there is no more mucus to expel and you kind of feel that the area is clean.

WHAT I USE:

I use this type of toothbrush http://www.curaden.com.au/content/image ... s_370.jpeg but I trim it down to 1/2 or a bit less. The more you trim the rougher it gets, can cause bleeding if you trim too much.
Basically look for a tootbrush that you'll be able to get far down your throat as possible. So a small head and without some wavey design bullshit. That Orabrush is also probably good, but I've never tried it.
I don't see how scrappers or a spoon would be of any use in that bumpy region, so use a trimmed brush.

This is my routine:

1. Use that brush to scrape the tongue.
2. Brush teeth (with a different brush or an electric brush)
3. Scrape the tongue again with trimmed brush AND the electric brush if necessary
FOCUS ON THE BACK REGION WHERE THE BUMPS ARE! Go from back to front when scrapping, and don't just scrape the middle, get the sides too.

THAT'S IT!

How long this whole procedure lasts depends on the situation. It's best to do it after every meal though, or before any social encounter.
Sometimes you'll do it and realise the smell is still there. Don't panic, just scrape it again, you've obviously missed some part. Another tip is to use warm/hot water on the trimmed brush to get the mucus off more efficiently.

So basically, do everything you usually do, plus this scrapping and I bet most of you will see a difference.

But beware - you'll always have to be cautious about your breath, until you resolve the PND and/or bumpy tongue. Probably never. So until that happens, use this technique recommended for every average Joe, but necessary for our situation and do it PROPERLY.

Sorry if this post is too long for such a simple recommendation, but I just want to help all of you, including JIMI. Because I've read most of your posts, and I think you could benefit from this as well.

Feel free to ask questions. Looking forward to replies, good luck.
Sounds like a regular oral hygiene regime that many of us already do. And even though, it may provide some temporary relief but I seriously wish if scrapping the sh!t out of very back of the tongue and throat could take care of this.

https://www.ru.nl/english/news-agenda/n ... ad-breath/
JennyMiller
Total Newbie

Post by JennyMiller »

Thank you for your post curebringer, my breath smells spoiled rice because i alway eat rice. Rice trap in the back of my throat because of PND, then the smells is coming. Thank you this is helpful. I will eat fruits only for 1 month. No rice, i will ask my neighbor if my breath change.
optimismishere
Junior

Post by optimismishere »

This post makes sense. Basically the area you're trying to clean is called "lingual tonsils" and they trap food and bacteria.
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

:lol: ](*,)
bb free)
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

KL123 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:33 pm but I seriously wish if scrapping the sh!t out of very back of the tongue and throat could take care of this.

https://www.ru.nl/english/news-agenda/n ... ad-breath/
:D For which you haven't tested yet despite us (me actually) putting you in contact with the lab.
bb free)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic