Your Email Address:

First Name:

BB bacteria cause dry mouth?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sweets07
Advanced

BB bacteria cause dry mouth?

Post by sweets07 »

maybe i'm late on this one, but have you ever wondered why bb suffers have dry mouth? i mean is it simply dry mouth that is a cause of bb or is it that bb germs that give us dry mouth?

i used to suffer from dry mouth that i blamed on hormones... which is still possible. but i noticed as of recently my tongue is pink and moist, so i'm thinking it had to do more with the bb bacteria than hormones.

i figure this because ever since i started brushing my tongue twice morning and night with tung till the brush touches the back of my throat and also reaches the part of my tongue under my tonsils, i've had this great result. i never thought that trying to reach basically down my throat would make such a difference.

AND i never thought that cleaning my tongue this well would get rid of my dry mouth even if i don't drink any water till lunch that day. who knows. i just love having a moist and pink tongue... now it just leaves me wondering why i still smell bb in my sinuses....

i have to try and find a doctor to see what's brewing in there... or my throat. sigh. :?:

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I have been wondering about this later as well. My throat gets desert dry in the afternoon. I am not sure if that is the cause or effect of BB bacteria.

I am going to see about my tonsils, but what if dry throat is a separate problem?

Any thoughts on this?
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

Post by waitingforrelief »

I feel the same thing - in fact, now that my condition has improved, I find that as soon as I floss my mouth starts to water a little bit. and when it is dry (filled with bacteria?), no amount of water can make make me feel moistened.

if you have smell in your sinuses, sweets, you need to see an ENT. i did. and my condition has improved tenfold.

i'm still awaiting sinus surgery. the doc thinks that it is possible (not certain, of course) that the accumulation of all the pus in there not able to drain is causing the remainder of odor. i still get a bad odor in my nose sometimes, and at times i can feel that that's when my mouth feels nasty too.

you know what helps tho'? crying. if you have a reason to cry, it'll flush out your sinuses. i've had the unfortunate, or fortunate, experience of needing to cry the last few days and that has kept the smell at bay. :)
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

waitingforrelief wrote:you know what helps tho'? crying. if you have a reason to cry, it'll flush out your sinuses. i've had the unfortunate, or fortunate, experience of needing to cry the last few days and that has kept the smell at bay. :)
interesting. I have read that somewhere else. Apparently crying is also linked to the tonsils. I haven't cried in ages though! I'm too desenstized. Where's the crying emoticon BTW?
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

I hope cutting onions has the same effect
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic