Your Email Address:

First Name:

Histamine Intolerance causing bad breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Peach
Total Newbie
Histamine Intolerance causing bad breath

Post by Peach »

I read this really interesting post on reddit about a guy who found the cause of his bad breath and fixed it. It was histamine intolerance. And there's a real easy solution to that : DAO enzymes (diamine oxydase) . I put the link below. He realized he had a histamine intolerance when he was travelling in asia I think. The food he was eating had barely any histamine and after awhile his bad breath was gone. Of course it comes back anytime you eat high hitamine foods. This happens when you don't have enough DAO to break down the histamine. From what he said, when you take DAO enzymes supplements it's almost instant. He also posted a few months after saying that you need to keep your diet in check because your body become used to the DAO enzyme. But when he eats a low histamine diet and take the enzyme when he eats high histamine foods it works well. I'm thinking of maybe trying the enzyme to see if if works. If it doesn't then at least it something i can cross off my list. But it's hard to find here in Canada. I was wondering if any of you tried the DAO enzyme or if you are aware of having an histamine intolerance.

Link to the reddit post : https://www.reddit.com/r/badbreath/comm ... histamine/

jo317
Advanced

Re: Histamine Intolerance causing bad breath

Post by jo317 »

I also read this once somewhere. Thanks for sharing!
ineedcure
Junior

Post by ineedcure »

Did anyone try avoiding food high in histamine or try taking DAO? Did it work for BB?
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

ineedcure wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 11:25 am Did anyone try avoiding food high in histamine or try taking DAO? Did it work for BB?
From the same article.
Edit after 233 days:

I just wanted to share you my actual situation. I just pointed it out in the comments, but I think it’s important to post it here. So, the Daosin pills didn’t have the same effect to me like in the beginning, I had to take more and more until they loosed their effect completely. At the moment I’m just watching my diet... It really sucks, cause I’m mostly eating fresh chicken, or fresh fish with some vegetables and rice (no sauce). But if I’m not taking the pills everyday, they start to affect me again. So I can treat myself sometimes with a pizza or a burger. The problem is, that sometimes I just don’t have the time or I’m too lazy to cook everyday and I start to eat tons of fast food until my bad breath comes back.... but at least I know where it comes from and I know that I can control it.

By the way, I have to admit, that when I have bad breath and I drink a lot of booze (very much histamine) I always wake up in the next morning with fresh breath. I have no clue why, maybe the alcohol is killing some bacteria in my throat
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

Whole thread, the one on reddit I mean, makes hardly any sense.
bb free)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic