Your Email Address:

First Name:

I may be cured

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

Thanks for the updates and please keep them coming!

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

to those who've had the tonsil and adenoid operations, how much did this end up costing for you guys?

how much did insurance cover, if any?
coeric
Junior

Post by coeric »

i would like to know also! i have an insurance problem... that is that i do not have it, hehe. im sure many of us are in the same boat. with our health issues, its almost impossible to have a job good enough that offers insurance. so just how does a person without it go about getting this operation?
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

coeric wrote:i would like to know also! i have an insurance problem... that is that i do not have it, hehe. im sure many of us are in the same boat. with our health issues, its almost impossible to have a job good enough that offers insurance. so just how does a person without it go about getting this operation?
I only know that the US health care system sucks :P
coeric
Junior

Post by coeric »

found it. since no one can tell us we gotta look for ourselves. of course im not certain of current costs, but this researcher states that an adenoidectomy "costs almost $3,500."

it's a lot, but not too bad if you ask me. because i was guessing around the $6000 range.

http://www.mozdex.com/necessary-health-insurance/
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

holy crap... :( can one take out loans for this kind of thing?
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

coeric wrote:found it. since no one can tell us we gotta look for ourselves. of course im not certain of current costs, but this researcher states that an adenoidectomy "costs almost $3,500."

it's a lot, but not too bad if you ask me. because i was guessing around the $6000 range.

http://www.mozdex.com/necessary-health-insurance/
3500$? Holy **** :shock:
TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

I have no idea how much it would cost. My insurance covered it, and I'm a military wife so I don't even know if my ENT would know the cost.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

TIREDOFIT wrote:I have no idea how much it would cost. My insurance covered it, and I'm a military wife so I don't even know if my ENT would know the cost.
what is happening girl, how is the progress, can you write some kind of a diary here on the site so anybody can track your progress. Are you still in pain, waht a bout the bb is it gone? Do you still get reactions?
TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

Well, it's been 11 days since the surgery and I am still having a little bit of pain. The first couple of days the pain wasn't so bad, but as it heals it scabs and then it's pretty painful. I took Lortab for the pain and it worked well.
Just spoke to my ENTand he said that I had a lot of "crud" in my tonsils and adenoids and that he suspects that that is where my problem was from.
I can't tell you yet if I'm cured because I still have scabs, and these scabs actually cause you to have bb. I should be completely healed by next week sometime. I'll keep you posted.
KL
Junior

Post by KL »

TIREDOFIT wrote:Well, it's been 11 days since the surgery and I am still having a little bit of pain. The first couple of days the pain wasn't so bad, but as it heals it scabs and then it's pretty painful. I took Lortab for the pain and it worked well.
Just spoke to my ENTand he said that I had a lot of "crud" in my tonsils and adenoids and that he suspects that that is where my problem was from.
I can't tell you yet if I'm cured because I still have scabs, and these scabs actually cause you to have bb. I should be completely healed by next week sometime. I'll keep you posted.
I am glad you are cured. I have been out of this site for almost three months, I have been out of USA in several countries, unfortunately not on vacation. I was working like hell. The only thing I got a worse BB I am back to square 1 with BB.

Can you tell me where did you the surgery, I would like to have an appoitment with this Dr.

The only thing I ever had is laser on my eyes to correct my vision and that was 8 years ago. I do not go to Dr, only for annual exam.. So I will take the chance this time.

I appretiate the Dr. name, city, and phone.

thanks in advance
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

KL,

Why don´t you try to go Dr. Krespy in New York??

It´s too far from where you are?
sun
Junior

Post by sun »

Wow, this is great. I hope you are cured. I really do. I am just so happy to hear this. It gives us hope. But I just want to ask you 1 question.
What the doctor say about your adenoids before the operation. Because I read in one of the post where the doctor said this person's adenoids were fine before the operation but found out after that operation that the adenoids was full of bacteria.
Was your case the same because I went to the doctor recently and the doctor said my adenoids were present and didnt look bad.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

sun, what happened with the vit c???

did it lost it´s effectiness on you??

Cause i bought two bottles...
Twilight
Junior

Post by Twilight »

Hey guys, I had a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy almost a month ago and I went to a ENT surgeon/facial surgeon. It cost me only $500 up front for the surgery. My insurance covered most of the rest which was around $750 (anesthesia should be around $650). I only ended up paying like $54 dollars of that $800. My insurance is BlueCross BlueShield and PPO. Having already met your deductible make me it even less.

My advice is to make sure you shop around. First, find someone who is good. Second, find someone who isn't too expensive. My doctor had performed over 500 tonsillectomy/adenoidectomies.

By the way, I got the traditional knife method done and my doctor is like a sculptor. He did an amazing job. It's still healing, but as the weeks pass I'm starting to notice less and less places for bad bacteria to thrive.

I'll update you guys on the bb situation later. Pizza is here! :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic