Your Email Address:

First Name:

I may be cured

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
BBNO

Post by BBNO »

When they remove your tonsils, they usually snipoff what remains of the adenoids.In adults the adenoids are usually shriveled down to nothing. According to my Dr, there was little left, but he snipped off what was there. Just so everyone knows: I got tested for diabetes and TMAU before doing the surgery. I was negative for both.

elliott
God

Post by elliott »

i wonder if it is possible that removing tonsils only opens up the passage for more mucous to freely spread around and fester. Not to be negative, just really thinking about my situation.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

elliott wrote:i wonder if it is possible that removing tonsils only opens up the passage for more mucous to freely spread around and fester. Not to be negative, just really thinking about my situation.
well in my case i have some large holes in my tonsils.. having them removed and having an open space is much better than having cryptic crevices that create the nastiest smelling things i've ever smelled in my life and the next.

I also just recently discovered that my left tonisl too has been creating small tonsil stones... I used to think that there was no apparent hole in it, but my forceful hacking led way for me to discover that it too is housing some nastiness. It's tonsil stones smell different than th eones in my right tonsil. I can get in the right tonsil and swab around.. The left one there's no way for me to access.. Just sticking my tongue out and hacking is sometimes enough for it to work out a couple little nasty guys. BLEH!
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

guys please, you´re suffering without any need!

if you have tonsils stones, just take the tonsils out. You´re situation would be better.

I recommend that try to get a laser proceedment: 20 minutes and the next day you can be working if you need it...
Ice
Advanced

Post by Ice »

noone had tonsils removed with laser here?!
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

the next day? My ENT suggested that I need be off work for 3-4 days to heal from laser, 6-7 days for removal of adenoids.
TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

BBNO wrote:TIREDOFIT: Did you have any symptoms of a Hiatal Hernia? Did you do a Barium test to detect it or something else? I too hacked up alot of phlegm for the first few weeks. It was hard to bring up because my throat muscles were sore and weak from the surgery. Good luck with fixing the HH and please keep us appraised of your progress. I have faith relief is slowly coming our way :)
I was experiencing really bad acid reflux while I in the morning or after laying down for a nap. My throat would burn. The Barium test detected nothing. The did an upper GI on me and it was discovered that I have a sliding HH. That was over a year ago. My dr keeps wanting to prescribe different pills to me. Some work okay, but I still have to stay away from acidic foods and alcohol. I want a cure not a remedy. I am 36 and I don't want to be taking pills for the rest of my life. Also, they are just recognizing that a hh and acid reflux can cause bb. At first my dr said it was an unlikely cause and now he along with my other ent is saying it is a likely cause. I also, did some other test to see if my esophagus was working well and also placed a monitor in my esophagus to test the level of acidity. That dr was from a different hospital and he is taking forever to send the results to my dr. Now my regular dr is moving, so when I see my new dr. I am going to insist on the surgery due to my bb and the emotional disturbances it causes.
I read a book by Dr. OZ from OPRAH and he said that bb can come from the stomach when the valve at the stomach opening is always open. If you have a hh the valve is always open. Your valve my be open and you may not experience any symptoms. Also, some people have a hh and they have no symptoms. Dr. Oz takes questions online, but I don't think I can go there because I think you need a sattlelite??? It's Oprah's sattlelite radio show. wait! I think he's on discoveryhealth.com too. i'll check... good luck...T
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

elliott wrote:the next day? My ENT suggested that I need be off work for 3-4 days to heal from laser, 6-7 days for removal of adenoids.
The ideal situation would be at least take you one or two days off cause it´s kind of annoiyng......basically you get your tonsils burned......

but if you don´t have any choice you can be working the next day,

about the adenoids.....honestly i don´t know

good luck
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I wonder how you find out if your valve is open? I never had acid reflux, but I do get a different taste in my mouth when my stomach is filled with gas.. Did anyone else notice this??

:-({|=
Twilight
Junior

Post by Twilight »

The adenoids are the ones you can take about two days off and get away with; this makes sense are nothing really ever touches that area.

With the palatines, it hurts like hell every time you swallow.

With the traditional method, I would recommend a full week and half off...but maybe I just heal really slowly because it seems that way.

With the coblation I think it would be shorter but I'm not totally sure.

With the lasers it would be much shorter but I personally would recommend taking them out entirely.
Twilight
Junior

Post by Twilight »

As possible theory for you about the PND:

(Tell me if you think it's plausible/likely.)

Okay, our tonsils are filled with bacteria so much to the point where it's actually visible. This is definitely what I would classify as a bacterial overgrowth. In the nasal passages, throat, and mouth, the body has naturally occurring lubricants (saliva - a good lubricant, PND - a bad lubricant) which provide easier transport for bacteria. This bacteria is undoubtedly everywhere aforementioned but in very small quantities and only for a brief period of time in the average mouth as the environment does not accept its presence; thus, it is undetectable by even the keenest of noses. I'm sure you've never heard any complaints about a horrible smell coming from one's palate or cheeks and this is exactly because the environment there does not harbor this anaerobic bacteria that we've come to hate so much.

By the way, I should also mention that the bacteria that they found when they swabbed my tonsils was Actinomyces Israelii. It is found in everyone's mouth in smaller numbers but in my tonsils it was in "mountains" as my doctor described it.

Anyway, currently you may still have some blood/scabbing left over. This is like filet mignon to bacteria. If your adenoid tissue is still healing and harmful bacteria is overgrowing in the nasal cavity at any particular moment, then as a result, the nasal passages become inflamed and thus an increase in PND.

One possible theory...but it could also be allergies.

I'd also like to add that if you think Actinomyces Israelii is oddly-named it is so for a reason. A. Israelli is known to be for being "extremely invasive" and "invading" into territory for which it is not welcome. This is not too surprising as there's also a protein out there named "Sonic the Hedgehog". You gotta love when someone with a sense of humor discovers something new. :)
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

there's a protein named sonic the hedgehog?? haha sweet!

i went to an allergy Dr. today, where I had gotten my allergy shots in highscool. I thought he was an ENT or at least may be familir with Tonsils.

Unfortunately he said he doesn't remove tonsils, but he forced some antibiotics upon me.. for reasons i don't really know.. For minor inflammation of the tonsils perhaps? He speaks with an accent very quickly and didn't seem very interested in helping me much.

He did seem to notice my bad breath, as he recorded his data into some handheld audio recorder and mentioned bad breath >.<

He's an extremely impatient man who doesn't really seem like he wants to help you. He said I should just find an ENT, someone not around here, but in another town, and have my tonsils removed.. Thankfully his staff is helpful and they annoyed him into giving out some specific Dr's. names he believes are good ENT's

I'm one step towards my goal.. I now know what Hosptial to call and it seems like it won't be too troublesome to convince one of these Doctors that my tonsils should come out.

I don't have insurance and I really don't care. I may have to borrow money from my sister or parents when the time comes to pay the medical bills, but it'll will certainly be worth it... I have plans to travel and work as a volunteer next year, but there's no way I'm leaving without getting these tonsils removed.

...I don't think I'm going to take these antibiotics.. I've lived with this problem for years, why should I suddenly treat them with a week's worth of antibiotics? I've read too many horror stories about them ruining your bacterial systems... I'll take antibiotics after the Tonsil surgery if it is necessary, but I'm not taking the ones the allergy doctor gave me.
TIREDOFIT
Advanced

Post by TIREDOFIT »

Okay guys - It's sad to say, but I don't think i am cured :( The other day I was at a mommies group play date and I was cleaning up the playroom and one of the mommies came in and said..."Someone's poopied." There was only one kid in there and so she checked him and he had not pooped. I didn't smell a thing and I have a pretty normal sense of smell. This same thing has happened to me sooooo many times, so it just brought back all those humiliating times and I was so frickin angry I left right away. I know I can't judge soley on that incident, but really I don't think I am any better. I still have pnd and now it seems to get stuck between my nose and throat. I still have really bad gerd from my hh and the valve being constantly open. My next step is to get surgery for my hh. I need that anyway because the acid is burning my esaphogus and if I let it go for too long I could get cancer. Let's hope that does the trick! I don't regret getting my tonsils out though because they did have a lot of crud in them and I don't want to be 85 and still picking out crud from my tonsils.
Twilight
Junior

Post by Twilight »

I'm so sorry, tiredofit.

If that valve is constantly open like that, then that would definitely be a probable, if not definite, source of bb.

I think if your tonsils are cryptic, it's always a good choice to get them removed as it's almost guaranteed they are contributing at least somewhat, if not a entirely, to one's breath.

I wish you the best on your surgery.
HappyDays
Advanced

Post by HappyDays »

Tiredofit -

When you have HH, does it feel like everything is pushed together inside like there is no separation between the inner workings. I feel like my insides are "open" and I can feel the dry air inside before it gets to my neck and mouth and it feels really dry and nasty by then.

I have GERD and have changed my diet but can still sense that something big isnt right with that same area in my body.

Since changing my diet, it seems that my throat gets even more dry these days. I can almost feel a little patch in my neck that the air runs over that is extra extra dry and raw it seems. Bet this is from the acid. I would like to have this HH surgery also so I will consult an internalist or gastrotolgist.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic