Your Email Address:

First Name:

Fart breath

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
lolla123
Junior

Fart breath

Post by lolla123 »

I have researched and found that fart/fecal breath can be caused by GERD or silent reflux however can it be possible to still have fecal breath when not eating for a while, say I didn’t eat the whole day and still had fecal B.B. how is that possible if I don’t feel GERD symptoms? Is the acid still coming up (or lack of it?) even by not eating? It would make sense for my breath to smell after eating because of the GERD but even hours after eating I have a metallic/bad taste and bad smell, how come?

gotshot26
Master
Re: Fart breath

Post by gotshot26 »

Because anaerobic bacteria (the bacteria responsible for bad breath) does not need you to eat food for it to grow - it can feed on the dead cells in your mouth.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
lolla123
Junior

Post by lolla123 »

gotshot26 wrote:Because anaerobic bacteria (the bacteria responsible for bad breath) does not need you to eat food for it to grow - it can feed on the dead cells in your mouth.
Right that makes sense... do you have any idea or any similar symptom to mine? I don’t really know if it even stems from gerd or silent reflux but I do notice I have a bad taste and my mouth almost feels sour even after brushing my teeth... I have no idea where my B.B. comes from as I do nasal rinses and tried taking omeprazole a few times but I still got reactions so I don’t understand... hopefully we find a cure soon... if only I knew what the problem was in the first place aha
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

GERD means our sphincters are not closed properly right? But most of us have normal result for our endoscopies. If our sphincters are closed properly, how does smell leak out? I suspect mine is due to LPR too. But I haven't had any LPR symptoms for over a year after I maintained a strict diet. I wonder why my BB still persists.
lolla123
Junior

Post by lolla123 »

winter wrote:GERD means our sphincters are not closed properly right? But most of us have normal result for our endoscopies. If our sphincters are closed properly, how does smell leak out? I suspect mine is due to LPR too. But I haven't had any LPR symptoms for over a year after I maintained a strict diet. I wonder why my BB still persists.
Yeah it’s strange how some people that have heartburn and literally have acid coming up their throat don’t experience the tiniest bit of bad breath, I have a friend who complained about both heartburn and sinus infections and her breath was always fresh! I’m starting to lose my mind about this...
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

lolla123 wrote:
gotshot26 wrote:Because anaerobic bacteria (the bacteria responsible for bad breath) does not need you to eat food for it to grow - it can feed on the dead cells in your mouth.
Right that makes sense... do you have any idea or any similar symptom to mine? I don’t really know if it even stems from gerd or silent reflux but I do notice I have a bad taste and my mouth almost feels sour even after brushing my teeth... I have no idea where my B.B. comes from as I do nasal rinses and tried taking omeprazole a few times but I still got reactions so I don’t understand... hopefully we find a cure soon... if only I knew what the problem was in the first place aha
My bad breath comes from the tongue only - are you having bad breath come out the nose or mouth or both? Have you done all the bad breath tests to determine its origin
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

Sometimes GERD may express in a gaseous form, so you might no feel heartburn and have GERD. In my case i have lot of hiccup and burps after eating or when feeling indigestion, but rarely feel heartburn or food returning from my stomach. I'm taking esomeprazol and this symptons have get better but smell still the same. In my case i allways feel a phlegm down my throat, i don't know if it is due to PND, Rephlux or certain problem with my lingual tonsils. I think my problem come from that point or from the back of my nose. Actually, my cat make really strange noises and start smelling all the place when i move this phlegm, so this might be the place hahaha.
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

Do you have Post nasal drip? this could be your problem
lolla123
Junior

Post by lolla123 »

gotshot26 wrote:
lolla123 wrote:
My bad breath comes from the tongue only - are you having bad breath come out the nose or mouth or both? Have you done all the bad breath tests to determine its origin
I have had blood tests and everything is normal, went to the dentist and gums and teeth are all healthy ... how do you know if it’s an oral issue or a stomach related issue or a sinus one? Ahh so hard to pin it down ahaha
lolla123
Junior

Post by lolla123 »

rinitico wrote:Do you have Post nasal drip? this could be your problem
Mm! Interesting I have some of the symptoms you mentioned... I too get a feeling that mucus or something whatever it is is stuck in my throat, when I swallow I feel this “lump” in my throat and I do feel the need to clear my throat quite often but i’m Not sure I have post nasal drip, I have rinsed with saline solutions and baking soda and it hasn’t made a difference to my breath so... do you have it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic