Your Email Address:

First Name:

A very late update on Traditional Chinese Medicine

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halooo
Total Newbie

A very late update on Traditional Chinese Medicine

Post by halooo »

I posted my TCM post around late February and it's July (different account because I forgot my user for the other) but I can say it worked for me after going to my acupuncturist usually weekly or bi-weekly my bad breath is gone. To recap my older post I talked about how the first visit she told me I had a lot of heat in my body from my bad breath, flushed face, fast pulse and always hungry. Then after some herbs the bad smell got milder but it was never fully gone. Then just my recent visit she did a recheck up like asking about my symptoms again and I told her then I shared and started to cry I talked about all my problems with her like how my bad breath is ruining my life I don't want to talk to anyone and stuff and she said that my smell is gone! I was confused because in my mind I thought I still had it but she said no it's gone and that her nose was very sharp and she couldn't smell anything. So now I'm still trying to work on myself because my digestion is still not good but the smell is gone also I'm not always as hungry.

So now that I shared that I highly reccomend going to a Traditional chinese medicine doctor so that they can help you. Since everyone is different I can't gaurentee it'll work but if you google tcm bad breath then you can see some other people who has cured their b.b. with TCM (accupuncture & herbs). It does take time and not every single doctor is the same I wish you guys luck and hope you can regain confidence. I surely am still working on that.

Also some tips:
-I avoid ALL spicy foods since I have a lot of heat I stay away from all spice even black pepper and seasonings like paprika, ginger
-I also avoid some sour foods (I still eat lime) but stayed away from fermented foods ( I know probiotcs is good for the gut and digestion and a lot of research shows that probiotics is good for you and can get rid of bad breath) but for me it made it worst. I was eating kimchi and saurkraut everyday and It only made my bad breath worst
-no fried foods
-I eat a lot of cooling foods like watermelon, cucumber
-I drink coconut water every single day because it's cooling and tasty
- i chew my food well before swallowing

And I tried researching about Ayurveda which is medicine from Indian and there's something called Pitta which is similar to heat in TCM. And I came across something called triphala its an herb that cleanses and detoxifies the GI system I beleive (this is all from memory so don't quote me) but I've also been taking that. It's sold online at Banyan botanicals and it's the pill one which is $17.99. I highly reccomend that.

Lastly, i've tired everything in the past and TCM is what works for me.
In the past I've gotten my tonsils out, went to a natropath, tried every pill + breath freshner out there, therabreath , nasal sprays, sinus pills, orgeano, manuka honey, went to my family doctor to check for h pylori (i didn't), even rinised my nose with a neti pot using baby shampoo (i know crazy). I still use the neti pot without the baby shampoo sometimes if im not lazy because i have post nasal drip. Also scrape tongue (which I do its a must every morning and night and floss)

This is a LOONG post I just wanted to say everything if you have any questions leave it down below and I wish you guys all the best.

buddi
Junior

Re: A very late update on Traditional Chinese Medicine

Post by buddi »

Thats a nice update:) And may be u can get triphala in any of the indian stores too.. That should not be so costly as you mentioned.
And can i take ur symptoms as PND and indigetion,, and lots of hunger? Anything else?
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
halooo
Total Newbie

Post by halooo »

my symptoms were:
-irritable at times
-flushed face
-sometimes I would have acid reflux
-sometimes heartburn (just depends on the foods I eat)
-very emotional
-stool wasn't formed some days (tip: look at your stool when you use the bathroom if it's not formed then there could be some problem)
-post nasal drip
-dry lips
all i could think of right now. But during every check up with the TCM doc. she did check my tongue and there's a map of the tongue and the areas there is coating indicates what issue there is in your body. The latest checkup she said I have an uneven coating which is linked to digestion and that I have a lot of imbalances in my body. Although I still have a coating (not too thick) on my tongue I don't have b.b. anymore and I don't feel hungry all the time.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

No spicy foods ever? Ever again????? :(
guanshuo
Total Newbie

Post by guanshuo »

Hi everyone,
I began to have bad breath since I became 30 years old.
My uncle, who is a TCM doctor prescribed me a powder. I was supposed to put some on my toothbrush and brush my gums and brush my tongue. After the first try my good breath already lasted longer and after 3-4 days of using it twice a day, I can say My breath has no stinky odor. And it last the whole day. My family is using it as well, all with good succes. We want to start commercializing this product. Its just in raw powder form now. Taste is like traditional chinese medical, with added salt harvested from rocks. I would like to send some samples to people here to try for a week and report back here on the forum. I will send it for free and also pay for the postal fees. You can send me a pm or leave a message if interested.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic