Your Email Address:

First Name:

Update 2 months after tonsillectomy

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Betty
Total Newbie

Update 2 months after tonsillectomy

Post by Betty »

It looks like my BB has returned after having surgery to remove my tonsils about 2 months ago. If first right after the surgery, the reactions I got were very much milder than before the surgery. I was on no antibiotics.

I was so excited about the development that I decided to experiment. I found that caffeine and dark sodas will still give me bb. I also found that taking a megadose of probiotics works for a while. But then it's back to the same old b b.

So I try not taking the probiotics. Seems to be no change in reaction from people. Still getting the coughing or the covering of the nose. I have to admit that my diet has changed drastically from a couple of weeks after surgery. I need to go back to that.

Well I am very discouraged. But I at least wanted to update you so you wouldn't think that it's all sunny and Roses after tonsil surgery

sopo
Advanced

Re: Update 2 months after tonsillectomy

Post by sopo »

Betty wrote:It looks like my BB has returned after having surgery to remove my tonsils about 2 months ago. If first right after the surgery, the reactions I got were very much milder than before the surgery. I was on no antibiotics.

I was so excited about the development that I decided to experiment. I found that caffeine and dark sodas will still give me bb. I also found that taking a megadose of probiotics works for a while. But then it's back to the same old b b.

So I try not taking the probiotics. Seems to be no change in reaction from people. Still getting the coughing or the covering of the nose. I have to admit that my diet has changed drastically from a couple of weeks after surgery. I need to go back to that.

Well I am very discouraged. But I at least wanted to update you so you wouldn't think that it's all sunny and Roses after tonsil surgery
Hey even I got my tonsils out 2 months ago. Even I get same reactions after that. But I feel it made my breath lot fresher. I have a question, can you smell your breath? Or u just go by the reactions. I think people who can't smell themselves have tough chance of getting rid of it. So far most of the cures that I read here is people who could smell their breath.
Betty
Total Newbie

Post by Betty »

No I can't smell my own breath. Truth be told, I didn't know anyone could. I judge my breath strictly by reactions from others. That's probably my problem. I don't have reliable feedback
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

Hi, it sounds very much like halitophobia to me. Noticing people touching their nose and coughing, those are classic symptoms of delusional halitosis. There are many people in the world who falsely believes they smell bad, it's a condition called ORS (Olfactory reference syndrome). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olfactory ... e_syndrome
Betty
Total Newbie

Post by Betty »

Hahaha! I wish I had halitophobia!!!
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

If all you go by are reactions like that then you should at least consider it. Honestly how often do you react to bad smells by coughing and touching your nose? No one does that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic