Your Email Address:

First Name:

sinusitis cuased my bad breath !??

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
nomorebadbreath
sinusitis cuased my bad breath !??

Post by nomorebadbreath »

Hey bbh forum

i suffer from bad breath for more than 10 years.i tried almost everything,antibiotics,mouthwashs,milking my tonsils (!) and so on.nothing helps.
i always had low grade fever and sore throat,mild coated tongue and blocked nose mostly left side that get worse at night and of course mild headaches.my tonsils are small but they're cryptic and i get tonsil stones from time to time.i have burning sensation in my mouth too.
5 days ago i went to an ent and after he checked my tonsils and nose,he said you may have sinusitis and all these symptoms are related to your nose and sinuses not your throat and your tonsils are a little inflamed but totally normal and small.he said if you lick your wrist with back of your tongue and smell your wrist afterward,you will notice that area you just licked has a foul smell and it does!!
he said because sinus drains into your throat you always have sore throat, bacteria and mucus build up there and your tonsils become inflamed.
i had a ct scan 2 days ago and i am waiting for result.
this morning i add a tsp apple cider vinegar to salt water and flushed my sinuses.now if i try that test again (licking my wrist) it smells like apple cider vinegar :) . so i guess the doc was right !

rinitico
Junior
Re: sinusitis cuased my bad breath !??

Post by rinitico »

I've been suffering sinusitis for like a lot of years from now, same as my bb. Do you have Post nasal dripping, face pains, nose closed, or symptons in your ears, like infections? if you have some of these symptons, i think you might have sinusitis. If you have another symptons around your body, it could be some internal or sistemic dysorder. So far i haven't been able to cure it, but making salt washes has helped a lot, Corticoids helped a little for a while but at long term it have negative effects. I'm still with this problem.
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

Looks like the problem is with tonsil. Get that checked. Tonsilotomy don't work for me though. You can give it a try.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

you should get off meat milk diet...that will fix your sinuses
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

Jimi Stein wrote:you should get off meat milk diet...that will fix your sinuses
i removed dairy products from my diet years ago, and still suffer sinusitis. Removed gluten 1 1/2 month ago, still the same. Actually i'm trying a traditional remedy with luffa operculata (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luffa_operculata) for 5 days because it's too strong, i started yesterday and i've been expelling lots of radioactive mucus, let's see if this works.
nomorebadbreath

rinitico wrote:I've been suffering sinusitis for like a lot of years from now, same as my bb. Do you have Post nasal dripping, face pains, nose closed, or symptons in your ears, like infections? if you have some of these symptons, i think you might have sinusitis. If you have another symptons around your body, it could be some internal or sistemic dysorder. So far i haven't been able to cure it, but making salt washes has helped a lot, Corticoids helped a little for a while but at long term it have negative effects. I'm still with this problem.
hey rinitico
yest i have PND,blocked nose mostly in right nostril and face pain especially around my right eye .i've been told that i have chronic sinusitis and the only cure is surgery.
i have cryptic tonsils too and i'm sure they produce at least 50% of my bb .
is there any relationship between sinusitis and tonsil infection??
Inart

Post by Inart »

I too have this problem… chronic sinsitis and pnd but no tonsil stones they inflamed though. Sinsitis is mild. Do u have other symptoms like fatigue and day time sleepiness?
Cbc normal
Lft… rft normal
H pylori positive treated successfully
Vit b12 normal
Vit d3 low treatment ongoing
Thyroid normal
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

Actually Luffa operculata home remedy help me a lot with my sinusitis, i'm much better in that aspect but bb continues the same, you should search this product at naturist shops. Other thing that help me are nasal washes with sea salt using a neti pot. I'm thinking i have a gut problem, since they already did me an endoscopy where everything was 'right', no helicobacter, no hiatal hernia. But i continue having a lot of fatigue, stomach problems, food intolerance, allergies feelings, and a constant phlegm down my throat. I'm taking my tonsils out since they're criptic and i have tonsil stones time by time. I don't think this will cure me, but i have to discard that possibility, in the worst case scenario it would get my breath a little better. I think that my tonsils problems, are a mixture between reflux and sinusitis. What are you doing right now to cure your sinusitis?
Inart

Post by Inart »

I had a CT scan which revealed mild patchy sinusitis. Ent dr told me everything is fine and gave corticosteroid nasal spray but that didn't help so i went to another ent dr who told me I have blockage in left maxillary sinus which could be the reason for sinusitis and pnd. So he has adviced left sided FESS. He has told me to try another nasal spray and montec lc tab which i have been taking since 2 weeks but no diff. May be I shld go for the surgery.

The reason i went to ent was my dentist told me i am mouth breathing which could be causing white tongue coating and bb.

I did IgE test to check for allergies but that is normal. Chest xray is normal no asthma or other respiratory prblms.
Cbc normal
Lft… rft normal
H pylori positive treated successfully
Vit b12 normal
Vit d3 low treatment ongoing
Thyroid normal
nomorebadbreath

Inart wrote:I had a CT scan which revealed mild patchy sinusitis. Ent dr told me everything is fine and gave corticosteroid nasal spray but that didn't help so i went to another ent dr who told me I have blockage in left maxillary sinus which could be the reason for sinusitis and pnd. So he has adviced left sided FESS. He has told me to try another nasal spray and montec lc tab which i have been taking since 2 weeks but no diff. May be I shld go for the surgery.

The reason i went to ent was my dentist told me i am mouth breathing which could be causing white tongue coating and bb.

I did IgE test to check for allergies but that is normal. Chest xray is normal no asthma or other respiratory prblms.
your left maxillary and ethmoid sinuses are both involved .
nomorebadbreath

Hey guys
ct scan result showed that i have serve deviated septum and ethmoid sinusitis in both side,mostly in right .
my surgery will be in july . septoplasty (fixing deviated septume) and sinuplasty (clear sinuses from infection) same time .
i'm not sure if after surgery i'll be BB free,but i'm so excited !
i'll be update topic

cheers
BB---

Post by BB--- »

Good luck nomore, I just had mine in combination with tonsillectomy , UPPP and others (doctor said I won the record most surgeries at once lol).
Septoplasty is not painful at all compared to tonsillectomy. It is going to be quite uncomfortable when they remove the packing but you'll survive.
nomorebadbreath

BB--- wrote:Good luck nomore, I just had mine in combination with tonsillectomy , UPPP and others (doctor said I won the record most surgeries at once lol).
Septoplasty is not painful at all compared to tonsillectomy. It is going to be quite uncomfortable when they remove the packing but you'll survive.
Thanks BB---
how long does it take for you to feel better?
ENT told me there is still a chance that my symptoms don't improve after surgery, so next step will be tonsillectomy & adenoidectomy .
BB---

Post by BB--- »

nomorebadbreath wrote:
BB--- wrote:Good luck nomore, I just had mine in combination with tonsillectomy , UPPP and others (doctor said I won the record most surgeries at once lol).
Thanks BB---
how long does it take for you to feel better?
ENT told me there is still a chance that my symptoms don't improve after surgery, so next step will be tonsillectomy & adenoidectomy .
Why not doing all at once?
Personally, I think it's worth it. Otherwise it's more time off work, one more anesthesia, etc...
What will make you suffer slightly more is breathing through your mouth, which is obviously not ideal after a tonsillectomy because the all area is going to dry up, so you are gonna sleep less and wake up in pain.

Today is day 15 post-surgery and it's still painful to swallow, but I am not taking as many pills as I did last week. This is because of the tonsillectomy and UPPP, which are the worst. I don't think you'll need UPPP unless you snore a lot. So far, no BB but right after tonsillectomy you are gonna have the worst bb ever and it's gonna last about a week.

My nose is mostly fine. It is still a bit stuffed (I had septoplasty and turbinectomy), but I'm using a saline spray, which is helping. The first 4 days are the worst, until they removed the packing. That very moment is crazy, but once again it lasts only 30 seconds or so.

I haven't removed the adenoids cause a couple of physicians said they are fine and ppl say they have basically nothing to do with bb...so I'll have to wait and see on this one.

At the moment, I asked to people and they said I have no bb.

If you decide to go through this, I can let you know in detail my operation so it can maybe help you. I wish I had researched a bit more before going into it, so that I knew what to eat, what pills to buy, etc without asking my wife to go do shopping AFTER the surgery.

Also, there are several ways how to perform a septoplasty. Has your doctor told you anything specific?
nomorebadbreath

Guys
i'm getting my surgery done in 5 hours
so excited
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic