Your Email Address:

First Name:

Here's my nightmare

Tell us your story with bad breath
rinitico
Junior
Here's my nightmare

Post by rinitico »

Hello people, first of all sorry for my english, my spanish is better.
I'm 24 years and have been suffering bb and bad nose smell for about 5 years now. i feel that it comes from the back of my nose, mainly when i breeth deeply, i swallow, or when i have post-nasal drip. It is like a have some space on the back where i accumulate mucus, which convert in smelly post-nasal drip. Actually i just finished my college and I find myself isolated due to this problem.
I know i have bb because People turn their faces, touch their noses, or do noise with there noses whenever i do this. Likewise, I feel a certain bad flavor when doing this actions. Also, i have a terrible taste in my mouth almost all the time. I've been treating for RhinoSinusitis, due to allergies, specially mites, for 3 1/2 years, but my bb just go worst and worst with the came of the years. Actually, i'm on immunotherapy for 5 months and i can breathe better but bb still the same, or worst.
By otherside, i've been diagnosed with chronic gastritis, which i do not think i had at the beginning of this nightmare. I believe is caused by stress and ansiety caused by the pressure i feel of smelling. I already do exams for helicobacter and it came out negative. In the last months, i've been presenting symptons of rephlux, which i think make thinks worse, but are not the origin. I'm having a tonsillectomy next month, but i'm not sure this would help, besides i have cripts and caseum, because i feel that horrible flavor coming from the back of my nose and above the palate. And he don't want to remove my adenoids because they aren't clogging my respiration, but i think this can be the problem.
Does anyone have had problem with their adenoids? Or does anyone with bad smell coming from the back of the nose, know what can it be? is it possible than tonsils or replhux can be responsible?
I'm really desesperate and don't know what to do, actually i'm doing nasal washes everyday with salt, which helps a little. I'm taking a mometasone corticosteroid. I'm changing my diet for 1 1/2 month ago, now i don't eat fat or fried foods, eliminated red meats, sugar and dairy products. I only eat chicken and fish, fruits, vegetables, grains and cereals. I'm taking esomeprazole for 1 month, just started yesterday. And i started drinking aloe vera everyday. I'm getting better of my gastritis and rephlux, but i don't see many changes in my bb condition. Also, i'm doing mindfulness since 3 weeks ago to reduce stress and ansiety. but nothing change.

Finally, if anyone can help me with her/his experience or giving me some tips to improve this misfortune i'll be very grateful. What products have helped you? which habits improved your conditions? do you have a case similar to mine? I do not know in which direction move forward. Help me if you can, I'm feeling down. Good luck fighting against this to everyone.

sopo
Advanced

Re: Here's my nightmare

Post by sopo »

I feel for you man. This is so stressful, I get constant headache. Happiness is far gone from my life. I enjoy nothing. Nothing makes me happy. I'm just a sad man 24/7
Gingin

Post by Gingin »

I encourage you to Continue with restricted diet and suggest to also cut out gluten and animal products entirely. Aim to reduce any food that causes acidity in the body. It’s very difficult but when I have been able to eat a plain diet of rice , potatoes and lots of fresh fruits and veggies I see improvements. Also try brushing with baking soda and oil of oregano. There are posts about this method on this forum. Also watch or listen to programs on nutritionists who treats candidiasis , there are good suggestions that may help. Best wishes.
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

sopo wrote:I feel for you man. This is so stressful, I get constant headache. Happiness is far gone from my life. I enjoy nothing. Nothing makes me happy. I'm just a sad man 24/7
You should try mindfulness, besides i'm still depressed this has helped me to feel a little better. Also, i think that sometimes we need to be selfish and don't care that much about bothering others, we're important as well, focus on being present and feeling good at least 5 minutes a day. I think that stress and anxiety made things worse, i've experienced it firsthand with my gastritis. Do you have bad smeel nose as well? what are you actually doing to fight against this shit situation? I send you encourage.
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

Gingin wrote:I encourage you to Continue with restricted diet and suggest to also cut out gluten and animal products entirely. Aim to reduce any food that causes acidity in the body. It’s very difficult but when I have been able to eat a plain diet of rice , potatoes and lots of fresh fruits and veggies I see improvements. Also try brushing with baking soda and oil of oregano. There are posts about this method on this forum. Also watch or listen to programs on nutritionists who treats candidiasis , there are good suggestions that may help. Best wishes.
Thank you for the support, the problem here is that i'm very skinny, and i think that if i take fish and chicken from my diet i'm gonna disappear. Besides, i could try don't eating gluten for now. I will search that oregano oil, in your case, you do it homemade or you buy it? Equally, i wanted to ask you which can be some symptons of having candidiasis? Thanks again and great luck to you!
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

rinitico wrote:
Gingin wrote:I encourage you to Continue with restricted diet and suggest to also cut out gluten and animal products entirely. Aim to reduce any food that causes acidity in the body. It’s very difficult but when I have been able to eat a plain diet of rice , potatoes and lots of fresh fruits and veggies I see improvements. Also try brushing with baking soda and oil of oregano. There are posts about this method on this forum. Also watch or listen to programs on nutritionists who treats candidiasis , there are good suggestions that may help. Best wishes.
Thank you for the support, the problem here is that i'm very skinny, and i think that if i take fish and chicken from my diet i'm gonna disappear. Besides, i could try don't eating gluten for now. I will search that oregano oil, in your case, you do it homemade or you buy it? Equally, i wanted to ask you which can be some symptons of having candidiasis? Thanks again and great luck to you!
Hey I'm skinny too. Super skinny just 110 pounds. I'm like 28. Can you please do me a favour, can you try baking soda test to find out if you have low stomach acids. I did it year ago and according to the test I think I have low stomach acid. May be our food is not digested properly and it gets fermented. That may be the reason we are skinny and also have bad breath.
Cursed4eva
Total Newbie

Post by Cursed4eva »

Try Zinc Citrate.
ribeiro86
Total Newbie

Post by ribeiro86 »

Have you tried anti hystamines? Excessive mucus from PND seems to be your problem.
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

sopo wrote: Hey I'm skinny too. Super skinny just 110 pounds. I'm like 28. Can you please do me a favour, can you try baking soda test to find out if you have low stomach acids. I did it year ago and according to the test I think I have low stomach acid. May be our food is not digested properly and it gets fermented. That may be the reason we are skinny and also have bad breath.
Thanks sopo, actually i did the test and i think i only have stomach acids a little low, nothing chronic. I've been reading and searching a lot these days and i'm beggining to think i have candidiasis, I had never thought about this possibility, but reading this forum and googling info i have a lot of the symptons: dermatitis, stomach problems, white tongue, a sinusitis treated with corticosteroids, which have only gotten worse, pharyngitis, disorientation, dizziness, and a big etc. I urge you to do this questionnaire, i got an ultra high score, and don't know if freak out or have a little peace for finally founding what i have.

http://www.candida-albicans-cure.com/ca ... naire.html
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

Cursed4eva wrote:Try Zinc Citrate.
Thanks for help, what is it for? do you refeer to a mouthwash?
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

ribeiro86 wrote:Have you tried anti hystamines? Excessive mucus from PND seems to be your problem.
I'll be changing corticosteroid in order to avoid a possible fungal sinusitis. Do you think hystamines would be better in that case? i think that my PND take a big part in my bb in combination with rephlux. Know I'm a 60-70% sure that my problem is candidiasis. You should try a questionnarie that i left above, for discart this possibility.
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

rinitico wrote:
sopo wrote: Hey I'm skinny too. Super skinny just 110 pounds. I'm like 28. Can you please do me a favour, can you try baking soda test to find out if you have low stomach acids. I did it year ago and according to the test I think I have low stomach acid. May be our food is not digested properly and it gets fermented. That may be the reason we are skinny and also have bad breath.
Thanks sopo, actually i did the test and i think i only have stomach acids a little low, nothing chronic. I've been reading and searching a lot these days and i'm beggining to think i have candidiasis, I had never thought about this possibility, but reading this forum and googling info i have a lot of the symptons: dermatitis, stomach problems, white tongue, a sinusitis treated with corticosteroids, which have only gotten worse, pharyngitis, disorientation, dizziness, and a big etc. I urge you to do this questionnaire, i got an ultra high score, and don't know if freak out or have a little peace for finally founding what i have.

http://www.candida-albicans-cure.com/ca ... naire.html
2 years back I had an endoscopy test. I asked doc about Candida, he told if there was a Candida overgrowth they should have seen some white patches in my stomach. So I guess I don't have that problem. Right now I'm thinking my problem lies in digestion. Low stomach acids or low digestive enzymes. Can you please tell me how did you get your stomach acid levels tested? Thanks to
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

sopo wrote: 2 years back I had an endoscopy test. I asked doc about Candida, he told if there was a Candida overgrowth they should have seen some white patches in my stomach. So I guess I don't have that problem. Right now I'm thinking my problem lies in digestion. Low stomach acids or low digestive enzymes. Can you please tell me how did you get your stomach acid levels tested? Thanks to
Actually i had a glass of water with baking soda on an empty stomach and after 3 minutes I burped. Do you think i could have low acid level. i read on a page that this was the method, is this right? which symptons make you think your bb is due to digestion. Which other symptons do you present? i feel like an accumulation of phlegm in my throat, but also an inflamation or congestion behind my nose, in my throat and near my left ear. I don't know if this is product of rephlux or postnasal drip. Somewhere there i think lies my bb. I'm getting crazy of not knowing what i have, right now making exams for candida but i don't know if someday i will get out of this shit. By other side, there is anything that has helped you with the reflux?
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

rinitico wrote:
sopo wrote: 2 years back I had an endoscopy test. I asked doc about Candida, he told if there was a Candida overgrowth they should have seen some white patches in my stomach. So I guess I don't have that problem. Right now I'm thinking my problem lies in digestion. Low stomach acids or low digestive enzymes. Can you please tell me how did you get your stomach acid levels tested? Thanks to
Actually i had a glass of water with baking soda on an empty stomach and after 3 minutes I burped. Do you think i could have low acid level. i read on a page that this was the method, is this right? which symptons make you think your bb is due to digestion. Which other symptons do you present? i feel like an accumulation of phlegm in my throat, but also an inflamation or congestion behind my nose, in my throat and near my left ear. I don't know if this is product of rephlux or postnasal drip. Somewhere there i think lies my bb. I'm getting crazy of not knowing what i have, right now making exams for candida but i don't know if someday i will get out of this shit. By other side, there is anything that has helped you with the reflux?
Yeah that's supposed to be baking soda test. I remember not burping for a long time. I'm really confused right now if I have more stomach acid or less. When I drink milk or something with high protein I get bit of mucus. I read that stomach produced more acids to digest high protein foods. The acids may travel upwards towards the lungs, in order to protect the lungs nasal glands produces mucus and it dripps down the throat.
Last year I had tonsilotomy and deviated nasal septum correction. Recently I also got my wisdoms out. I still think I'm not cured.
I cannot smell myself. When I cup my hands and blow I smell a little bit it's not like nose rubbing bad. But I get nose rubs every time, this is my no 1 problem.
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

sopo wrote:
Yeah that's supposed to be baking soda test. I remember not burping for a long time. I'm really confused right now if I have more stomach acid or less. When I drink milk or something with high protein I get bit of mucus. I read that stomach produced more acids to digest high protein foods. The acids may travel upwards towards the lungs, in order to protect the lungs nasal glands produces mucus and it dripps down the throat.
Last year I had tonsilotomy and deviated nasal septum correction. Recently I also got my wisdoms out. I still think I'm not cured.
I cannot smell myself. When I cup my hands and blow I smell a little bit it's not like nose rubbing bad. But I get nose rubs every time, this is my no 1 problem.
I'm getting crazy right now, i don't know where my problem can be. Actually i'm in candida diet for 1 week (little carbs, no sugar, no fruits, no dairy products, no gluten) and my tongue is getting better, it is not that white as it was some days before. Also my rephlux is better, i'm taking esomeprazol to reinforce the diet (have you tried any similar product? maybe it could help you) But my bb is practically the same, i get reactions from people on the other side of the street, if i'm in my room, people outside or in other rooms can perceive my smell, i get their noses reactions everytime i take deep breaths. At this point i don't know if i have candida, atrophic rhinitis or it comes from my stomach or my gut. Depression and suicidal thoughts are driving me crazy, how do you deal when feeling down? Thanks for the support sopo, few people wanted to help me here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic