Your Email Address:

First Name:

I’m cured

Tell us your story with bad breath
Orange123
Total Newbie
Re: I’m cured

Post by Orange123 »

Geoffrey - no nasal or body oral, just oral. I did often have post nasal drip where I would wake up in the morning with a lot of clear phlegm to cough up, but that no longer occurs.

Dead - the dosage was 550mg xifaxan twice a day for 14 days.

Jimi - not sure why you’re being so rude. I didn’t have to post my resolution, but did with hopes of it helping others. Just to clear up any confusion, probiotics didn’t cure me. I had SIBO which was cured with Xifaxan. I take the probiotics now to prevent SIBO from returning.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

and what is the difference between Xifaxan and other antibiotics?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Orange123
Total Newbie

Post by Orange123 »

Xifaxan is specifically for your gut (which is why I used it for SIBO).
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

how were you diagnosed with SIBO?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Orange123
Total Newbie

Post by Orange123 »

SIBO lactulose breath test
Crazyred91

Post by Crazyred91 »

Hi there - did u have a lot of bloating too?
And did u take medication for your gerd and did it mybe help?
Was ur tongue coating easy to scrape of - or was there always a bit left?
Orange123
Total Newbie

Post by Orange123 »

Yes I had a lot of bloating.
I did take medication for gerd, but I do not anymore. It did help with heartburn, but occasionally still suffered from heartburn.
I was able to scrape the tongue coating, but there was always a coating still there, especially towards the back.
micca4455
Junior

Post by micca4455 »

Have you feel any pain during your endoscopy?
micca4455
Junior

Post by micca4455 »

Hi Orange123..
I also want to undergo for an endoscopy. Recently i was diagnose with h. Pylori infection which cause my stomach ulcer. My doctor prescribed me a combination of 2 antibiotics and a proton pump inhibitor to wipe the bacteria living in the lining of my stomach. I just finished 2 weeks medication but unfortunately my BB is still there. Anyone who have similar to may case.. Suggestion pls.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

Orange123 wrote:Yes I had a lot of bloating.
I did take medication for gerd, but I do not anymore. It did help with heartburn, but occasionally still suffered from heartburn.
I was able to scrape the tongue coating, but there was always a coating still there, especially towards the back.
Did you have gas problem? I requested for a SIBO test before, but a doc said SIBO would cause gas, not BB. Many of us have taken antibiotics that are commonly used to treat sibo. Not sure if it's worth testing. Is the test expensive?
micca4455 wrote:Hi Orange123..
I also want to undergo for an endoscopy. Recently i was diagnose with h. Pylori infection which cause my stomach ulcer. My doctor prescribed me a combination of 2 antibiotics and a proton pump inhibitor to wipe the bacteria living in the lining of my stomach. I just finished 2 weeks medication but unfortunately my BB is still there. Anyone who have similar to may case.. Suggestion pls.
I have done 4 tests for HP infection. Only the 2nd test turned up positive. Most of the tests weren't really done properly though. You will probably get another test to see if the infection has been eradicated. I heard it's possible to cause BB. It's one of the first tests a few doctors suggested. Do you have any stomach pain?
micca4455
Junior

Post by micca4455 »

H. Pylori infection can possibly cause BB?
micca4455
Junior

Post by micca4455 »

I dont have any stomach pain just heartburn and bloating but i dont feel it anymore now since i went to medication. But the BB still here.
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

I am in a LPR group on FB where I read the testimony of a guy who has LPR, SIBO and bad breath. There are too many people that have LPR/GERD and DON'T have bad breath, so I believe whatever is causing reflux is the problem- which in many cases seems to be SIBO.
nd_gillis

Post by nd_gillis »

Orange123 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:23 pm Hello all,

I’ve been a lurker on this site for a few years and always promised myself that if I found a cure I would come back and post it with hopes that it would help others. I’ll try to keep this short.

My issues:
1) bad breath that literally filled a room. People would complain that it smelled like rotten eggs and I would get asked if I have farted. My worst reactions were after I ate things like ice cream, lentils, apple cider vinegar, ginger tea, and any alcoholic drinks. I could never smell it though.
2) GERD no matter what I ate
3) toe nail fungus
4) iron deficiency
5) fatigue
6) white Tongue

I’ve had an endoscopy and the lactose intolerance test. Nothing found on either.

I then I had a SIBO breath test. That came back positive. I didn’t think my digestive issues were that bad but I guess they were. I guess I just got used to them.

I went on xifaxan for 2 weeks and took it twice a day. For maintenance I take a shot of sauerkraut juice first thing in the morning. I also take Align probiotics with lunch and Culturelle with dinner.

After several years of suffering, I’m honestly so happy. It’s amazing to feel normal again.

I hope this info helps, good luck to all.

Hi it’s been a few years so I wanted to check to see how it’s going now? I believe this is my issue as well and will get tested next week, did you even change up your diet during the process or did you already eat clean?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic