Your Email Address:

First Name:

Is it possible to have 2 causes of bad breath?

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
sadgirl20
Total Newbie
Is it possible to have 2 causes of bad breath?

Post by sadgirl20 »

Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I really need to get this out there. I am a 19F, in college, and supposed to be out meeting boys, having fun, and going out like all my friends.
But I can't.
Because I stink.
I recently discovered I had halitosis. I've done all the self tests, like the spoon and it smelled like rotten sewer. It's all I can smell now that I am conscious of it, I can't even be in my room because it is all I can smell!!

I made this discovery when I woke up the other day with a tonsil stone. I had no idea what it was and immediately thought it was strep. But after some research I learned what it was and how they cause your breath to stink. I immediately started checking my breath and yep, so terrible. I keep brushing and brushing but it only works for a few seconds. When I poke my tonsils with a QTip and smell the QTip it is really the most foul smelling thing in the entire world.

I started doing further research on halitosis and other causes. I saw that constipation is one. I have been constipated for 2 years (ever since I had my eating disorder it slowed everything down - I have since recovered from anorexia but still am not regularly pooping) and I am wondering if I have not one but TWO stinky causes of halitosis? I am seeing a doctor soon but I thought I'd see if anyone else had this issue. Also, if I were to get a tonsillectomy, do you think I'd still have BB? I know these are questions for my doc but I just wanted to check. I hope everyone is having a good day. Thanks for reading.

crazy4it
Advanced
Re: Is it possible to have 2 causes of bad breath?

Post by crazy4it »

I think it's possible to have more than 1 source like cavities and pnd or stomach related and nasal. You can meet people from this site I have personally met with few members and had a normal day somehow weren't able to detect anything from anyone.
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

I have seen many posts saying during meet ups people couldn't smell each other. I wonder why, I don't think it's because they are used to their own smell. I really think it's the fear of bad breath that causes actual bad breath. It's like the law of attraction. At some point in our lifetime the thaughts entered our head and we are not letting go of it.
I personally know a guy who's breath was really bad in the past. He dint have a clue about it. He was a chatty guy used to talk and laugh right at everyones face. It smelled like sulphur. I think no one commented about it , he was totally unaware. His BB was intermittent back then. Now he dosent smell at all. I know few people who used to smell when they were young but they don't smell now.
lolla123
Junior

Post by lolla123 »

It is possible, if I were you i’d rule out the tonsil stones first, you could gargle with hydrogen peroxide which is meant to act as a sort of disinfectant in the mouth and might help with bacteria such as tonsil stones make sure to mix it properly as too much is obviously harmful alternatively you could use peroxyl mouthwash which contains safe amounts of hydrogen peroxide by default as well as try and push as many stones out as you can and see if that makes a difference, if your B.B. still persists (and this is going to sound so horrible but you will have to muster up courage and get up in someone’s face and talk to see if there’s any clear reaction as often times people can be cured but still have halitophobia) then check for issues outside the oral cavity, good luck i’m In the same boat as you meant to start university next year but with this issue i’m Honestly doubting going through with it... hopefully one day we will be free
crazy4it
Advanced

Post by crazy4it »

lolla123 wrote:It is possible, if I were you i’d rule out the tonsil stones first, you could gargle with hydrogen peroxide which is meant to act as a sort of disinfectant in the mouth and might help with bacteria such as tonsil stones make sure to mix it properly as too much is obviously harmful alternatively you could use peroxyl mouthwash which contains safe amounts of hydrogen peroxide by default as well as try and push as many stones out as you can and see if that makes a difference, if your B.B. still persists (and this is going to sound so horrible but you will have to muster up courage and get up in someone’s face and talk to see if there’s any clear reaction as often times people can be cured but still have halitophobia) then check for issues outside the oral cavity, good luck i’m In the same boat as you meant to start university next year but with this issue i’m Honestly doubting going through with it... hopefully one day we will be free
Which university r you going?
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Two different causes are definitely possible. I just had a smelly tongue up until this year and was using Peroxyl mouthwash to combat it. It was effective until it gave me oral thrush and a candida infection throughout my body. It's definitely effected my BB.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic