Your Email Address:

First Name:

I'm only 17, so would my health insurance cover an endoscopy?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Foxro
Total Newbie
I'm only 17, so would my health insurance cover an endoscopy?

Post by Foxro »

I have come to a conclusion that my bb and nasal odor is not caused by anything intestinal, but is in fact coming from somewhere in my nasal area. I have come down to two possible causes; adenoid tonsil stones or an impacted wisdom tooth. The reason I feel that it is adenoid tonsil stones is because my regular tonsils have no stones in them, but when I make a deep "hawk" noise, tonsil stones come out, and I believe they are coming from the adenoid tonsil area. I believe it could also be impacted wisdom tooth because I have seen post where people say that after they removed their wisdom teeth, their bb and nasal odor was cured. I look forward to hearing everyones answers.

Kean Kolodziejski

lolla123
Junior

Re: I'm only 17, so would my health insurance cover an endoscopy?

Post by lolla123 »

Do you know roughly when your bb began? I have an impacted wisdom tooth too but I noticed my B.B. began before my wisdom tooth ever erupted, further when I swipe it with a q tip there is never a bad smell coming from it so I doubt in my case it would be, try and remember if you had any reactions prior to the eruption of your wisdom tooth and see if flossing around it produces any smell on the floss, if there is any bad smell that could be a good indicator your wisdom tooth could be the source, no experience with adenoids so really have no advice other than try and see if your doctor could check them out?
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

In my case i rarely have tonsil stones, but deffinitily i had them hide in my tonsils. I was able to see them hiding one day when i pressed with a qtip. Here you can read about many cases that 'haven't' tonsilloliths but took they're tonsils anyway and got cured. Also you should go to an ENT, and ask for a nasofibrolaryngoscopy to know the actual state of your adenoids. Do you have a constant phlegm donw your throat? I have it all the time, and i feel my bad smell coming down there so i do think my problem is intestinal. If you don't feel it maybe you're right and your problem is nasal.
Foxro
Total Newbie

Post by Foxro »

I do want to visit an ENT, but I was wondering if I would have to pay for a nasofibrolaryngoscopy myself, or if my health insurance would cover it.
rinitico
Junior

Post by rinitico »

No idea man, hopefully i have a good medical insurance here in my country. I do not know how it works in the USA. Besides that i'm starting to realize that having halitosis is expensive, main reason why i have to get a job soon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic