Your Email Address:

First Name:

Adenoids question

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
HotelTrivago
Total Newbie
Adenoids question

Post by HotelTrivago »

Anyone cured Nasal and or mouth breath from an adenoidectomy? I got my tonsils removed and some B.B. went away but not all of it. The doctor told me my tonsils had a lot of stones deep in the crypts. I’m suspecting I still have them in my adenoids and it’s causing nasal/mouth B.B.

Geoffrey

Re: Adenoids question

Post by Geoffrey »

Had my tonsils and adenoids taken out about 8 months ago and unfortunately it did nothing to improve my bad breath.
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

You can rule out the adenoids by rubbing them with your finger and then smell it.
BB---

Post by BB--- »

Dead wrote:You can rule out the adenoids by rubbing them with your finger and then smell it.
How can you reach your adenoids? I though they were way up towards the nose.
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

BB--- wrote:
Dead wrote:You can rule out the adenoids by rubbing them with your finger and then smell it.
A bit far yes, might be a bit hard the first time, but it's definitely reachable, have done it many times. Just behind the soft palate. Push your fingers to the back of the throat, palm facing upwards, then just slide one finger past the soft palate.
BB---

Post by BB--- »

Dead wrote:
BB--- wrote:
A bit far yes, might be a bit hard the first time, but it's definitely reachable, have done it many times. Just behind the soft palate. Push your fingers to the back of the throat, palm facing upwards, then just slide one finger past the soft palate.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot later on, although after tonsillectomy the remaining smell seems to be coming from the far back of the tongue (lingual tonsils perhaps)
nomorebadbreath

Post by nomorebadbreath »

Go get your sinuses checked .
PND due to Sinusitis or Allergic Rhinitis is first culprit when you have bb even after tonsillectomy .
your tonsil stones may be because of PND . so cure it and see what will happen before taking your tonsils out !
BB---

Post by BB--- »

nomorebadbreath wrote:Go get your sinuses checked .
PND due to Sinusitis or Allergic Rhinitis is first culprit when you have bb even after tonsillectomy .
your tonsil stones may be because of PND . so cure it and see what will happen before taking your tonsils out !
During the tonsillectomy (and septoplasty) I had my sinuses washed.
Anyways, since the surgery my bb has gone down a lot. I still need to thoroughly brush my tongue 2 or 3 times per day (any time I brush my teeth, basically) but my bb has gone down A LOT.
khalid

Post by khalid »

BB---

Post by BB--- »

Thanks, this is super informative.
I also happen to have some spare doxy at home so I'll try it out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic