Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bacterial overgrowth

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
lolla123
Junior

Bacterial overgrowth

Post by lolla123 »

Hey all, hope everyone is doing ok, I was actually reading some of Ayidin Murat’s posts where he talks about ecologies of the mouth flora, basically if there is something in the mouth that is inadvertently causing more anaerobic bacterial action, I was wondering, for type 1 cases at least, would an “intruder” in the mouth such as poorly erupted teeth that leave no odour on the area still be able to contribute significantly to the increase of bacteria? I read in one of his posts that even if teeth are partly submerged in the gums as long as they are not inflamed they are most likely not the source of detectable halitosis however it kind of contrasts some other posts I have read from some posters saying that they had no smell on partly erupted wisdom teeth for example but a few of them were still apparently cured upon their extraction... my point is can non practical sources in the mouth (such as impacted wisdom teeth and such) cause overgrowth of bacterial activity due to the bacteria being attracted to any environment that collects food (causing bacteria in itself) even if it is not a smelly source? I hope this makes sense...