Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tried everything

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Jdoty
Total Newbie
Tried everything

Post by Jdoty »

Hi, I have had bad breath for about 2 years and have tried everything to eradicate it. You name it I have tried it. I believe the cause is inflamed papillae (taste buds) on my tongue because no matter what I do my tongue is always very white. I brush it every day and it still stays white. I have been tested for oral thrush by my doctor and it was found I do not have it. I have tried acid reflux reducing tablets which did not work. I believe it all comes down to my white tongue and the bacteria that gets caught in between my taste buds. I cannot live with this bad breath anymore. Can anyone help? Thank you

IAMFrustrated
Junior
Re: Tried everything

Post by IAMFrustrated »

Hi

I just found this which I think it is not true becuase as much as we know suger feeds bacteria.

So did you try only fruits?

https://www.rockthebiome.com/single-pos ... andidaSIBO
Sinus surgery 2016 & 2017 (I have allergies at work place)
Tonsilactomy 2017
H. Pylori treatment
Candida diet 5 to 6 months
lolla123
Junior

Post by lolla123 »

Hi Jdoty, could you tell us a bit more, any other symptoms you have aside the white coating? Might be a stupid question but does your coating definitely smell? Some people have coatings which do not smell or if so they only smell faintly, that’s considered normal as most people have some sort of smell at the back of their tongue. Have you tried testing for h pylori? Any wisdom teeth?
Inart

Post by Inart »

I too hv white tongue it is difficult to scrape off and comes back quickly and bit inflamed papillae too.

According to my dentist it could be due to mouth breathing, then i found i have sinusitis. But haven't been able to fix sinus issue.

Hv u done a CT scan of ur sinuses? What other symptoms due u hv?
Cbc normal
Lft… rft normal
H pylori positive treated successfully
Vit b12 normal
Vit d3 low treatment ongoing
Thyroid normal
jo317
Advanced

Post by jo317 »

You mentioned acid reflux tablets. Do you have acid reflux, GERD or LPR? If so, its a lot more complicated then just taking medication or tablets. Many people have to have surgery or change their diets indefinitely for relief. Its a much deeper issue than just "too much acid".
Batman30

Post by Batman30 »

I highly doubt you’ve tried everything, especially for only having it for 2 years. There’s people on here that have had this issue for 50+ years. Acid reflux meds are usually the first thing dr.s prescribe. Have you seen an ent doctor? Do you have post nasal drip? Stomach issues?
Draiocht
Total Newbie

Post by Draiocht »

Having had bad breath for such a long time, I have finally conquered it. I know you said you've tried everything, but I'll just share what has solved my problem in about a week. I took a multi pronged approach! I had this bad taste in my mouth for quite a while. I'd brush, floss, use mouthwashes and they were all extremely temporary fixes. Bad taste and bad breath again after an hour. Just last week I got so frustrated that I researched for a couple of hours, taking note of new methods to try, yet all the while sceptical. Then I went and made a few purchases. I had nothing to lose. I've been aware that I suffer from tonsil stones - I presume you've heard of these. My tonsils are large and have lots of deep crypts for the stones to hide. I've been trying all the below-mentioned methods over the last week to ten days and I'm absolutely thrilled.
So the methods I've tried are as follows:

*1* "Oil pulling". Gargle and swish coconut oil (extra virgin and organic) around your mouth for 15-20 mins while you are busy doing chores or watching TV. The oil supposedly pulls bad bacteria out from crevices in the mouth. Here I focussed more on gargling because I felt my tonsils were the main source of my problem. When gargling, don't make the "ahhhh" sound. Just pass air out as you would with normal gargling, but by not making the sound, it opens the throat more to get the oil right back there. This method also cleaned my tongue right up. I did it three times a day for the week. Other oils can be used instead of coconut such as organic sesame oil. There are more oils that can be used, just look up 'oil pulling'. This really helped. The oil helps to break down tonsil stones. Two items of caution: never swallow the oil as it'll be full of bad bacteria but more importantly, do NOT spit it down the sink. The oil will harden and your drain will be clogged. Secondly, when gargling, put tissue or kitchen roll over your mouth. Without it, there are gonna be drops of oil splashing out, and you don't want hard-to-remove oil stains on your clothes. I learned this the hard way.

*2* Gargle with apple cider vinegar (diluted). I said I tried a multi pronged approach earlier and this was another prong. I won't go on about this but because it was a factor in my conquering of the bad breath, I have to include it. I'm sorry I don't have the dilution ratio to hand but Google will answer that bit for you.

*3* I think this option is the one that put the final nail in my halitosis coffin. I mentioned tonsil stones... well I irrigated my tonsils. I do not recommend using a waterpik unless there is a very low setting on it. A forceful jet of water will rip tonsil tissue. I went online and purchased dental irrigation syringes. These look like a normal syringe but they have a curved end. Your local pharmacy may have them also. Using the syringe, you can control how much water is flushed through and the force of it. Gently slide the tip into a tonsil crypt and let water out. Do this for any crypt you can see. I had about 8 visible crypts on one tonsil alone. Visible once I went exploring gently with the tip that is.

*4* Mouthwash containing hydrogen peroxide. Colgate produce one called Peroxyl. Do not swallow and only use for a minute. Gargle with it too. Peroxyl has 1.5% hydrogen peroxide. I've seen some online with 3% but for the moment I'll continue with the 1.5. That Ingredient releases oxygen upon contact with oral tissues, which, I have read, is good.

That's it, that's what worked for me. Bad taste gone, fresh breath. To be honest, I *did* become a little obsessive during the weekly routine but only because I really wanted to see if I could rid myself of the problem. I was oil pulling three times a day and the same with the vinegar. I didn't do one straight after the other, but at different stages of the day. Now I can gladly say I'm in maintenance mode rather than offensive mode. I've cut back to oil pulling and vinegar gargling once a day, and the mouthwash too. I intend to irrigate my tonsils every 1 to 2 weeks for the moment. I do hope these methods might help you and others. Best of luck!
Sue2018
Junior

Post by Sue2018 »

Gargling with Apple cider vinegar will damage and stain your teeth. You need to find a less acidic alternative
Raymond
Master

Post by Raymond »

¿te has fijado si de manera inconsciente mantienes presionada la lengua contra el paladar? eso impedirá el correcto aireado de la lengua
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic