Your Email Address:

First Name:

Acid reflux/Bile reflux

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
AnotherOne
Total Newbie
Acid reflux/Bile reflux

Post by AnotherOne »

Hello everyone.

I've been reading all posts here about acid reflux and I think I've found something really interesting. It's bile reflux.
I've never heard about it before so I though that I should make a new post here.

During my first endoscopy I had some bile in my stomach but it was a long time ago. After my last endoscopy (October) they didn't find any. And I'm really wondering why.

Right after that I was prescribed some pills for my gallbladder and it was a nightmare. The thing was that the bile started to reflux into my stomach so badly. Now I think I should try Carafate and see what happens (read bbforyears posts about it).

As I'm paranoid I scheduled another endoscopy to see if there's any bile in my stomach. A barium swallow test came back negative (it makes sense to me because I don't have any heartburn) and soon I'm having 24-hour pH monitoring.

If bile reflux is not my case then I'll know that it's acid reflux for sure and try Nissen Fundoplication.

Sorry for my bad English.

Ricky
Sheriff
Re: Acid reflux/Bile reflux

Post by Ricky »

AnotherOne wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:39 am Hello everyone.

I've been reading all posts here about acid reflux and I think I've found something really interesting. It's bile reflux.
I've never heard about it before so I though that I should make a new post here.

During my first endoscopy I had some bile in my stomach but it was a long time ago. After my last endoscopy (October) they didn't find any. And I'm really wondering why.

Right after that I was prescribed some pills for my gallbladder and it was a nightmare. The thing was that the bile started to reflux into my stomach so badly. Now I think I should try Carafate and see what happens (read bbforyears posts about it).

As I'm paranoid I scheduled another endoscopy to see if there's any bile in my stomach. A barium swallow test came back negative (it makes sense to me because I don't have any heartburn) and soon I'm having 24-hour pH monitoring.

If bile reflux is not my case then I'll know that it's acid reflux for sure and try Nissen Fundoplication.

Sorry for my bad English.
Hello

My gastro also said it was bile reflux after my endoscopy. He gave me med. But they never worked. It was on year 2007.

I really dont trust doctors when it comes to bb. As i observe them, they dont know what their talking about. Its like they wanted to get out of the topic immediately.

I think the best thing to do is eat plenty of greens. Maybe 90 percent of the meal. Then meat protein is less. Ofcourse, we still need protein.

After all, greens are good for refluxes.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

What does bike reflex look like? I had some yellow fluid, but no explanation is given.
Ricky
Sheriff

Post by Ricky »

winter wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:53 pm What does bike reflex look like? I had some yellow fluid, but no explanation is given.
I never know what it looks like. The doctor did not fully explained. Besides, he's med didn't worked on me.
terranpatriot
Advanced

Post by terranpatriot »

Wondering if anyone here has gone on to try the Nissen Fundoplication Surgery procedure to address GERD, and if so, what were the results?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic