Your Email Address:

First Name:

Something is working?? CELERY JUICE

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior
Something is working?? CELERY JUICE

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

I was a bit hesitant to share this because I wanted to be 100% cured before I shared what I’m doing. But I started this regime the first week of January and I’m getting better week by week so I thought maybe people might want to try it with me and we can get to 100%. I’m at the point now where I can have conversations with uber drivers with zero reactions from them and my co-workers are reacting less and less. Strangers (uber drivers) are better for testing your breath than people who know you for years and know that your breath is always bad and they rub their nose before you even say a word (co-workers). When I scrape my tongue most mornings since doing this regime and smell it, it smells like NOTHING. That’s amazing to me because usually it smelled really pungent or sour.

Brief background (I think the dates are mostly accurate but it’s all in my previous posts)
- Oral BB started early in university, end of 2004/start of 2005ish. It was bad, the kind that seemed to travel meters and fill a room whenever I spoke one sentence
- Nasal BB began around 2011 but was gone by the end of 2016, through the use of birth control (40% gone) and a veggies and meat only diet (100% gone). Oral BB remained.
- In the past three years I’ve had occasional times of good breath (lasting 3-4 days) maybe twice a year, and this seems to happen when I have the flu. I don’t know what that means

To get onto what I’m doing. It’s a random protocol and I don’t know if after 14 years I just luckily stumbled on the 1 in a million regime that work for me. In short:
- CELERY JUICE every morning
- Carnivore diet (beef only- any cuts of beef, cooked any way)
- Raymond’s breathing protocol (Thank you, Raymond!! This wasn’t my full cure but I know it helps)
- Amipro/Metagenics Ultra Flora probiotics, one pill in the morning, one pill before bed. Either take on an empty stomach or take before or during a meal. NOT right after a meal when stomach acids are high and the probiotics will be destroyed.

I will briefly explain each part and say what I did it in chronological order in the next post because this is getting long

GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior
Re: Something is working?? CELERY JUICE

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

Celery juice: Started on 2 January. I think this might be the reason behind most of my cure. It’s the latest health trend and I always try everything in case it helps my BB. You juice a big head of celery first thing every morning and it makes 16 ounces of juice (2 cups) and you drink it straight. Wait at least 30 minutes to eat. If you are on social media, look at the #celeryjuice and #celeryjuicebenefits tags on Instagram to see what it is doing for some people. People are curing eczema, acne, bowel problems

Carnivore (beef) diet: Started on 8 January. I did this because I was reading something online (I don’t even remember what) but it was saying how a carnivore diet helps SIBO because the starch in vegetables actually feed the bacteria. So I stopped eating vegetables and went on the carnivore diet in case my BB was caused by SIBO. I eat mostly stewed beef (slow cooked in water and with whatever spices I want) or steak. I have to say, I have cheated a few times eating chocolate bars and peanuts. and the effect on my breath is not that bad. The sweets do have a slight effect on my breath but nothing like in the past. I can still talk to strangers and they barely react. And once I brush my teeth, my breath is great again. Chicken also has that bad effect on my breath so I don’t eat it but maybe other people will tolerate it. Like I said, I’m getting better week by week so my hope is that my body will heal to the point where I can eat more normally again.

Raymond’s breathing protocol: I tried this when he first posted it and by the end of that day I felt a big glob of mucus draining down my throat. So the breathing does drain the bad stuff. But it didn’t seem to cure my BB fully. It helps though! I do it at least 15 minutes every evening but more if I feel or smell something stuck in my throat.

Amipro/Metagenics probiotics: Started using 11 January. Amipro and Metagenics are the same company so you can use either of their Ultra Flora product

SO this is what I’m doing and I actually marked this in my calendar: on 15 January I wrote “noticing some real improvements!!” That was the first week I started getting almost zero reactions. I remember going to the grocery store to buy celery and the cashiers did not react at all when I spoke in multiple sentences. I was wowed.

But it hasn’t been all smooth sailing. If I can explain it this way, imagine that bad breath is 0 and good breath is 10. My journey has been something like this these past few weeks: 0.. 0,5.. 2.. 1.. 2,5.. 2.. 4... 3… 6… 5,5.. 8.. etc etc
What I’m trying to explain is that overall my breath is getting better and better, but there are slip-ups here and there but it keep improving in general. Bacteria is hard to get rid of. Antibiotics never helped me, probiotics alone never helped. What gives me hope is that I didn't get better all in one day, so I don't feel like my bad breath will revert back to BAD in one day like what's happened in the past. With this regime I keep going every day and hope to get to a 10!!
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Thats soo interesting that you able to maintain the carnivore diet, I thought red meat makes things worse. Does your breath stay fresh through out the day?
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

I thought the same thing Stillhoping. For most of these years I've mainly eaten chicken and a little bit of fish and eggs, trying to eat what I thought was "healthy" to clear my bad breath. I rarely ate beef because I kept reading that red meat is so bad for your breath. I even tried a vegetables-only diet for a few weeks. None of that gave me fresh breath

And yes if I stick to that regime and dont cheat on my meal plans then my breath is passable by the end of the day and I can talk to people. Like I said I dont feel like it's 100% fresh yet but we're getting there
Kd1994

Post by Kd1994 »

This is very interesting. Congrats to you. Their was a poster who brought up the whole eat right for your blood type movement possibly being linked to BB. Your experience makes me think of that. Would you by any chance know your blood type?
Dead
Advanced

Post by Dead »

What kind of juicer are you using?
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

Kd1994 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:41 am This is very interesting. Congrats to you. Their was a poster who brought up the whole eat right for your blood type movement possibly being linked to BB. Your experience makes me think of that. Would you by any chance know your blood type?
That’s something I’ve actually been meaning to find out because I wanted to do the blood type diet at one point but no I don’t know my blood type unfortunately
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

Dead wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:29 am What kind of juicer are you using?
It’s an OSCAR DA100 juicer but plenty of people are using just a normal blender. They put the celery in the blender with a little bit of water and then they squeeze the juice out of the pulp using a nut bag
kiraog13
Total Newbie

Post by kiraog13 »

Hey!How is your breath now?Are you still fresh?What kind of bb you had before starting this diet? Did it smell sour or fecal when you licked your hand?Thanks!!!
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

kiraog13 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:26 pm Hey!How is your breath now?Are you still fresh?What kind of bb you had before starting this diet? Did it smell sour or fecal when you licked your hand?Thanks!!!
I kind of fell off the celery juice wagon. Still did it ocassionally until I moved to a new country one month ago. Before moving, breath was good while I stuck to a beef diet and had a can of club soda every morning and night. I think the club soda did what the celery juice was doing for me. and it was way easier than juicing every single day. I would also let a spoonful of xylitol melt in my mouth for 5 mins every day after reading someone on a forum say it cured their breath

I couldn't smell anything most times on my hand but before my breath got good I could smell the morning gunk on my tongue scraper. Breath was fecal at times, pungent/garbagey at times. Always a strong odor that travelled very very far based on reactions. My breath has gone horrible since moving country. I don't have a juicer and there is no club soda here!! (I'm in france) club soda has been mentioned on this forum before and it's a very cheap thing to try so I would recommend it
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

Just to add: I don't think anything that works only while you are using it, is a real cure. Bad breath came back the next day if i didn't have a club soda today. I only did the celery juice consistently for about 4-5 months. Maybe longer is a cure.

I will be taking antibiotics for SIBO over the next 2 weeks. And I will take the quadruple h pylori treatment after that if the SIBO antiobiotics don't work. I'll be taking Saccharomyces boulardii the whole time which is a probiotic that helps with the side effects of antibiotics.

Of course I will report back if anything good happens
Thiscantbelife

Post by Thiscantbelife »

Did your nasal bb gradually go away by only eating meat? We’re you still seeing reactions on birth control?
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

Thiscantbelife wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:18 am Did your nasal bb gradually go away by only eating meat? We’re you still seeing reactions on birth control?
I still saw a few reactions on birth control but it was better. Nasal breath went away from cutting out dairy and carbohydrates. I ate meat and veggies only
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

GTFO.BADBREATH wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:53 am
Thiscantbelife wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:18 am Did your nasal bb gradually go away by only eating meat? We’re you still seeing reactions on birth control?
I still saw a few reactions on birth control but it was better. Nasal breath went away from cutting out dairy and carbohydrates. I ate meat and veggies only
How long did you stay on the diet to be cured of the nasal breath?
GTFO.BADBREATH
Junior

Post by GTFO.BADBREATH »

winter wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:41 pm
GTFO.BADBREATH wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:53 am [quote=Thiscantbelife post_id=65928 time=1571357890

How long did you stay on the diet to be cured of the nasal breath?
It wasn't a quick fix unfortunately. I was doing the diet for weight loss reasons and then I noticed after some months that the nasal odor was decreasing. I'd say it took a year for the nasal odor to be fully undetectable
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic