Your Email Address:

First Name:

Interesting article about SIBO

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Magnamax

Interesting article about SIBO

Post by Magnamax »

I have tried everything so far and nothing seems to work. H pylori treatment helped for a while but the issue returned after a while. I came across this article which talks about SIBO (small intestine bacterial overgrowth) and it looks promising since my symptoms are the same with the referenced patient in thr article. I'm gonna be tested for it and see how it goes but I just thought about sharing the link in case any of you wanna read it.

https://wholehealthchicago.com/2016/04/ ... pen-sewer/

whatdidido
Junior
Re: Interesting article about SIBO

Post by whatdidido »

Ive taken flagyl before, which as the article states, is a second option to treat sibo, but I didnt notice a change. I am going to print this article and show my GP. The Dr. mentions in the comments that Xifaxan is still the best option, and to try again even if other antibiotics didn't work. Thank you for the link, suddenly im feeling hopeful again.
aydinmur
God

Re: Interesting article about SIBO

Post by aydinmur »

I have read the manuscript you referred.
Most frequently encountered resaon of SIBO is the leakage illiocheckal valve. This valve locates between bowel and terminal illeum. There are ~10^12 bacteria in bowel but ~ 10^5 in ileum. This valve prevents feces or bacteria not come to ileum back.

With this test, H2 elevation must fall between 45-75 .th minutes after lactulose because oro-checkal time is estimated approximately ~60 minute. If this time was found shorter than 60 minute possible reasons are:
- SIBO
- Disaccharide intolerance
- Disaccharide malabsorption
- illeitis
- intestinal disorders

20 minute is too short. This can show potential problems locate at jejenium or illeum level, but not terminal illeium or ascending colon. Probably diegstive problems instead of SIBO. In such cases I always repeat this test with use another disaccharide (25 g/250 ml) rather than lactulose.

p.s.: SIBO does not cause tongue coating.

-Murat
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic