Your Email Address:

First Name:

Fecal nasal bb?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
justwantcure
Total Newbie

Fecal nasal bb?

Post by justwantcure »

Hi everyone. My fecal/sulfur bad breath started for me about 2 years ago. It seems like it happened over a weekend -- a coworker with a very sensitive nose and known for being outspoken suddenly asked "Does something smell like s##t?" and started frantically looking around our workspace to find the source of the smell. I think if I smelled bad before this they would have said something earlier back while I was still in the probation period. And they seemed genuinely confused to where the odor was coming from.

Before this I could go to movie theaters, restaurants, long plane rides, just anywhere without hearing any comments. Now I can't even go into a convenient store without hearing "smell", the coughing, sniffing, people telling their kids to "stop being rude" after I walk by... so they must have commented on a smell, etc.

Three people have confirmed the odor is coming from my nose as I'm breathing normally.

So far I've had:
-Dental appointments - wisdom teeth removed, no cavities, deep cleaning of teeth and gums
-ENT appointment - diagnosed with chronic rhinitis and postnasal drip ; other than that the doctor went off on a spiel about being in "retirement mode" and did not seem to care at all. He looked for tonsil stones but couldn't find any, my tonsils are really small and I couldn't find any with a waterpik either. Said I could get them removed if I want, but I wasn't willing to spend $2000 on surgery if he couldn't confirm the odor was coming from there.
-Diets - gluten free, no sugar, vegetarian, low choline -- I am constantly exposed to flour in the air though so maybe Celiac?
-Colonoscopy - everything was fine. I'm assuming if there was a prolapse / muscle issue that would have been revealed by the examination too?
-general blood test - no diabetes, B12 vitamin deficient (was given shots to bring it to a normal amount)

Diagnosed with:
-halitosis
-postnasal drip (taking Flonase; doesn't help with odor)
-Chronic rhinitis

Haven't tested for:
-acid reflux
-food allergy panel
-SIBO
-H Pylori
-kidney & liver blood test
-any kind of stool tests

Is there anyone else dealing with this nasal bb too? I'm not sure what more it can be... it feels like I've tried everything at this point except for reflux or totally eliminating all gluten. I'm not sure where to go from here :( .

Gluten-free
Advanced

Re: Fecal nasal bb?

Post by Gluten-free »

Yes, I deal with nasal bb also. But I don't have fecal smell, because I am not eating meat right now. I can't speak at work everybody will laugh, sneeze. I am always hearing, terrible. I'm like have a heart, stop saying terrible. I live far from my family and I don't know one that I can trust to ask. Everybody that I asked said, You don't smell anything, but they will speak behind my back. Even my so call Best friend lied to me.

Everything I eat give my dragon breath, that will travel meters. I don't eat fruit right now, because it make it worse.
justwantcure
Total Newbie

Post by justwantcure »

I'm sorry that you're dealing with this too. You're right that everyone will be making comments about a smell, but when you ask directly they'll lie. I don't know why that is - with them being honest with us, it could help us eliminate it vs. having us think there's nothing wrong.

Mine can be smelled far away too! I can't smell it on myself either except for this one area at work that has industrial fans, other than that I can only detect a slight sour smell in the air. But people will keep making comments about a lingering fart odor.

Have you had any allergy panel tests? Just now I scheduled a celiac / gluten test for next week. I'm really desperate for answers for the source of this odor. Just want a normal life again.
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

I went to the doctor several times, she always say that she can't smell anything and that it's between the ears. She said to me she thinks I don't need to come to her, but I need to go to the psychology. I did gluten, stool and blood test. All of them was normal.

I have problem with flatulence also. Sometimes I fart without knowing it.

Now I don't eat no grains only rice to see if it will change. But I am always hungry. I am dealing with this consciously almost 3 years.
justwantcure
Total Newbie

Post by justwantcure »

I'm so sorry that your doctor was dismissive of you! I wish they knew how badly this affects our lives. When this condition makes it hard to work then we can't afford doctor visits, and it's just a never ending cycle. It seems like a lot of times doctors won't help too and we have to do all of the testing at home ourselves.

Have you tried a food elimination diet? The flatulence might be some food allergies. I wonder if I might be having that too without smelling it myself? What makes it hard is, as gross as it is, I work near food so I'm exposed to gluten flours constantly. I think this issue came up when I started working there. Maybe it is a gluten thing since I'm inhaling so much flour?

It's hard knowing what not to eat since we can't detect the odor ourselves. But I'll start up the food elimination diet again too. If only grains weren't in most foods! Hard to avoid
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

Right now I am on a sever diet. I only eat rice with spinach as breakfast with salt and peper.

For lunch, advocado, lettuce and tomato. In between I eat rice crackers.

For dinner I eat Rice with some greens.

I'm trying to figure out what is wrong. It's pretty boring.

I take vitamine C 2x 1000mg per day.

Maybe you can cover your mouth and nose when you are working with flour.
justwantcure
Total Newbie

Post by justwantcure »

I hope you're able to find your answers and find out what's causing it. I wish I could use a face mask but people will see that as me being sick and try to fire me for working around food with an illness. At the very least working with flour I can start eliminating it from my diet right away and it won't affect the results of the blood test.
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

Yes, first of all go to do the test before you stop with gluten.

I am trying to restore my gut flora. This weekend I will do a 3 day juice fast to detox.

Green juice only. Spinach, cucumber, celery and green apple.

Maybe you can do some research on Juicing.
justwantcure
Total Newbie

Post by justwantcure »

Today was seriously bad... it's so depressing. There's an area at my work where I can smell the odor and it smelled like pure sh##. Everyone around me was coughing or looking at me with disgust, even my one coworker who used to treat me like a friend looked at me like I was disgusting.

I truly do not know what's causing this to happen. Everytime I think I'm getting better, I'm right back to where I started.

It feels like I'm going crazy.
Thiscantbelife

Post by Thiscantbelife »

I’m the same way! I found out that I have a hiatal hernia and was also told to replace my silver fillings. It’s so depressing this condition makes you lose faith in humanity and God it’s sad
justwantcure
Total Newbie

Post by justwantcure »

Thank you for your reply, im sorry to hear you have this as well! This condition is terrible, and idk why doctors seem stumped on it.

Did things improve a little after your hiatal hernia was diagnosed?

I asked for help on another forum and many people were giving suggestions like zenker's divertium, fungal infections of the nose, gluten allergies, h pylori, weak pelvic floor, besides the tonsil stones suggestions. Has an ENT tested you for any of those? The one I went to was really uncaring and barely looked at me but confirmed the foul odor.

I pray we dont have to live like this forever. As it is right now my work is scheduling me barely enough to survive; can't find other work like this, and need it to afford doctors. And going in everyday knowing people are going to be disgusted with me is soul crushing. Seriously considering looking into working at a garbage place or around sewage to hide the smell, it's terrible.

It's really hard getting up out of bed everyday.
Thiscantbelife

Post by Thiscantbelife »

No the gi said that it’s small so it doesn’t need surgery so he won’t do anything about it tested positive took all the meds and now negative but bb didn’t improve at all not even slightly gotten my tonsils removed and that didn’t help either. I’m tried all kinds of diets nothing seems to help. I tried to narrow it down to replacing my silver fillings, hiatal hernia or parasites ( long shot I think) sometimes I think it’s sinus related but I’ve been to 3 different Ent’s all said it’s fine. When I rinse my sinuses it don’t help so I figured it’s probably not.
Thiscantbelife

Post by Thiscantbelife »

Tested positive for hpylori I mean
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

Maybe you can change your toothpaste for one that doesn't have a taste or aroma. I know for a fact that when I use toothpaste with aroma I will smell bad.

Yesterday I bought this neutral toothpaste and my breath was normal, but I didn't have any contact with any one yet, to see their reaction. Brush your teeth after every meal and use tongue scraper. Be gentle with the scraper so you don't cause damage to your tongue.

Try to eat protein only for dinner, at work try to eat salad. Eat only chicken, turkey and fish. To see what is going to happen. Don't eat oatmeal for breakfast or any soya milk. The choline in soya milk will gift you a foul smell. And oatmeal have gluten and will give you bad breath also. Try to eat things that will alkaline your saliva. You said that you are vegan, try to stop eating beans, they have a high choline that will give you a foul smell. I don't eat beans right now, I notice it give me a foul smell, because the high choline.

Start to eat more veggies and leafy greens and less protein, so you can rebalance your mouth bacteria. Like I am doing right know.

I am hoping what I am doing will work so that I can write what have work for me.
justwantcure
Total Newbie

Post by justwantcure »

Thiscantbelife: did the GI say it will close up or heal on its own? It seems like the hiatal hernia could definitely contribute to bb! I've also browsed another site and one user said they had the same fecal odor for years -- they finally tested for h pylori, came back positive, finished the course of medicine and they were cured! I wrote to them to ask if they were still cured, but it seems like theyre inactive rn. If they write back, ill update here.

Gluten-free: i think seasoned beef might be a trigger for me. Reactions have been worse these past days, and for 3 days ive eaten little helpings of beef with vegetables and rice. From now on im sticking to chicken and other white meat to see any changes.

If only i could smell this odor on myself when it happens. It would help to know if its constant, everytime i breath, or every few minutes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic