Your Email Address:

First Name:

MAIN FACTOR FOR EXTREME BB?(FECAL)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Nam
Total Newbie

Re: MAIN FACTOR FOR EXTREME BB?(FECAL)

Post by Nam »

winter wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:16 am
StillHoping wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:58 pm Hi space, yes I do read your log entries. Thanks for documenting your progress

On your next appointment on Saturday, try using a nasal decongestant spray and drinking some type of sugar free carbonated drink like sparkling water or diet coke BEFORE brushing your teeth. You can also try cleaning your tongue and gargling with baking soda/salt mix. See if that helps or makes a difference
What's the reason for doing it before brushing our teeth?

I think I screwed up my diet and gotten worse recently. I got more reactions and my saliva reeks of typical saliva smell with a hint of sourness, but when I measured the pH, it's pH 7 to 8, more to the alkaline side.
How do you measure your pH level?

Nam
Total Newbie

Post by Nam »

space wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:38 pm username “Cured” the one I can relate with my symptoms, who removed his impacted wisdom teeth was cured in a major way after the surgery, but after some time came back on the forum about his lower grade bb, he implies that when he brushes, the now lower grade bb becomes more pronounced, another user commented that it might be the toothpaste, which also I have observed affects the smell of my gums whenever I used the commercial minty toothpaste versus when I use a toothpaste with undetectable mint or a flavor free one (which is very hard to find btw).

Im also thinking maybe the bacteria in my saliva dont like that “stuff“ (commercial colored gel minty toothpaste) it makes my mouth dry, my gums give off smell after an hour, my tongue and saliva feels sticky, worst the sides of my mouth inside forms a clear film. I guess Im sensitive to most stuff, I mostly get a rash when I use some creams or lotion, I got a bad case of hives once after using this certain deo, I get migraines with most perfumes too, so Im mostly careful and choose the mild products that I can find including my toothpaste (i tried brushing with coconut oil and baking soda, dont try it, too oily and salty, you’ll probably puke)
What toothpaste do you use?
Nam
Total Newbie

Post by Nam »

I’ve been reading your posts and its very informative. Thank you. I have BB for 5years now but it was just a month ago that i had the nasal bb. I don’t even know where to start now. I also have mucus that doesn’t go away. 🥺
space
Advanced

Post by space »

Nam wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:38 pm I’ve been reading your posts and its very informative. Thank you. I have BB for 5years now but it was just a month ago that i had the nasal bb. I don’t even know where to start now. I also have mucus that doesn’t go away. 🥺
Hello, I have the clear mucus for almost 9 years already and sorry if this sounds pessimistic but I have not read about anyone who was able to make their mucus disappear. Ive only read about Renato’s case who manages the smell of the mucus through oral probiotics. I can lessen my smell through food choices.

About the toothpaste, I use two products. One is flavor free toddlers toothpaste, I think its only available in our country (im in no way an affiliate of the brand and dont have any plans to resell it just for disclaimer there). Its flavor free but smells like brushing with a cardboard, it also tastes sweet. I’ve learned how to properly use it in my own case, and does not give off that commercial toothpaste bad smell after hours, I test it through my gums.
space
Advanced

Post by space »

The other is a kids toothpaste I use at night. It has more ingredients than the toddlers toothpaste and has better cleaning agents. So why wont I just use the kids toothpaste, its because it has undetectable mint but has a very raspberry flavor, anything that smells sweet will make the mucus smell, theres a difference between sweet-smelling versus sweet-tasting. I just use it night because there is almost zero interaction to others during the night.

Why toddlers and kids products? Because they are ones where youll most likely find flavorfree or very minimal mint. I thought about it while lying down thinking about where to find this elusive product and I searched what do baby use to clean their teeth, it must be very mild, so thats where I started from. Just make sure the product you buy has decent cleaning agents. The key is the toothpaste shouldnt make your mouth feel dry for better saliva flow, wont leave a certain chemical smell not to aggravate smell.
space
Advanced

Post by space »

Try searching the baby/kids section in your local grocery store, preferrably flavor free or no mint or very mild mint. You can buy several different brands to test what works for you, but whatever youll buy from the baby and kids section, it will be sweeter than the regular adult toothpaste. It may not foam too. Thats why I use two different products, the toddlers wont foam so I feel like im not cleaning my mouth enough, but pros is it doesnt aggravate smell. While the one from kids foams decently but cons is it smelling sweet.
space
Advanced

Post by space »

KL123 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:15 pm
space wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:57 am Log November 10, 2019

A FEEDBACK! So I told you I got to work at home, but also a part of the job is to talk to a person at certain hour of the day. Today is the first the other person commented about the "fart" smell.

I have been interacting with the person but today is the first time I got that comment. Last night, I ate a "moderately" smelly junk food, today at breakfast I ate crackers and bread with a small block of cheese in it. Before that comment, I was also eating the same bread with that cheese (I'm not really sure what kind of cheese was it, but its similar to when you cut a piece of queso de bola).

And so this is like a eureka moment, that I was right, what I eat really affects the smell or level of smell I give off (even when I get to remove my impacted wisdom teeth). This happens because of the mucus in my throat. I had a theory in the past that, comparing when a "normal" person eats a smelly food, he/she will have "normal" temporary bb. But when it is I who will eat that smelly food, the mucus in my throat will kind of trap the smell of that food, or maybe microscopic particles of the food, thus magnifying that "supposed to be normal and temporary" bb to a "fart" like level bb.

What's interesting is that, when I was about one and half meters away, it seemed okay. I only got the comment when I came near (side by side) the other person.

Whenever I go out, I avoid eating smelly foods. Do my normal routine: 1. flavor-free toothpaste, 2.floss, 3. gentle tongue cleaning with a toothbrush not tongue scraper, 4. optional, sometimes I finish it off with a rinse (baking soda diluted in water), 5. clean nostrils. And as expected, I don't get the "fart" comments. I can sit in peace side by side with the others.

When I say smelly foods, I'm pertaining to high tryptophan, high thiol, and high
methionine foods. Tryptophan will produce indole or skatole (not sure, but its the feces smell). Methionine produces methyl mercaptan which is one of the "smelliest" smell there is. The SELENBP1 sufferers should avoid methanethiol. I mainly avoid these smelly foods cause of throat mucus issue.
That's a good read.
Can you name a few common food items that are high tryptophan, high thiol, and high on producing methionine.
Hello KL123, heres the list of tryptophan and methionine from my old notes, I searched for charts to estimate the tryptophan content thats why there are numbers beside them, heres the ranking (a very rough estimation) maybe some of them are wrong, pictures and info from the net can be confusing

TRYPTOPHAN

1. egg whites -1
2. spirulina - 0.93
3. Cod fish - 0.70
4. mozzarella cheese - 0.603
5. soybeans - 0.575~0.59
6. pumpkin seeds - 0.569
7. parmesan cheese - 0.56
8. gluten flour - 0.510
9. bacon - 0.464
10. sesame seeds - 0.37
11. oat bran - 0.335/ oats - 0.23
12. cheddar cheese - 0.32
13. almonds - 0.322
14. sunflower seeds - 0.30
15. pork - 0. 25
16. turkey/chicken breast - 0.24 (*choose dark meat parts like thighs)
17. beef - 0.23 (*this is one of the most bb smell aggravator in my case)
18. salmon - 0.22

Others:
-yellow mustard seed
- chicken light meat
- tuna
- cashews
space
Advanced

Post by space »

METHIONINE

1. egg white - 3.2
2. sesame seeds - 1.656
3. egg (whole esp. hard boiled) - 1.477
4. parmesan cheese - 1.114
5. brazil nuts - 1.008
6. soybeans/ soy protein concentrate - 0.814
7. chicken (light meat esp. breast part) - 0.801
8. tuna - 0.755
9. lean beef/beef - 0.749
10. bacon - 0.593
11. ground beef - 0.565
12. ground pork - 0.564
13. wheat germ/wheat - 0.456
14. oats - 0.312
15. peanuts - 0.309
16. chickpea - 0.253
17. yellow corn - 0.197
18. almonds - 0.151
19. white beans/pinto beans - 0.117
20. lentils - 0.077
21. brown rice - 0.052

Others:
- seaweeds
- spirulina
- sunflower butter
- yogurt
- salmon

(*my personal list is more categorized and sorted out, editing it every now and then, but I wont put it here for privacy reasons, cause it is the very list I will only tell to people I know/ who are close to me, when they ask what I avoid to eat. Although Im writing a log here, im still careful in protecting my identity, many people from our country are here, we have our own thread with lots of replies, so please understand the discretion)
space
Advanced

Post by space »

There used to be an extensive list of low and high thiol foods from the internet, but the last time Ive searched for it, I wasnt able to find it anymore. You need to be very patient in testing each food if this is one of your factors.
space
Advanced

Post by space »

1. Food choices
2. Right toothpaste
3. Floss (traditional floss thread, optional water floss)
4. Clean tongue with soft bristled toothbrush
5. bowel movement
6. avoid being in ketosis
7. hydrate (no citrus flavored drinks, coffee, milk, chocolate)
8. practice being calm (being nervous will magnify your smell)
9. no chewing mint gums or candies (temporary mask, but feeds more bacteria)

These will not cure you, but somehow will lessen your smell, putting it all here before I go MIA again
space
Advanced

Post by space »

And lastly, check your gums or get a referral for panoramic xray if you have partially erupted wisdom teeth or suspect full impaction of wisdom teeth (like when you have a total of only 28 teeth but you’re already an adult) trust me the “flaps” are stinky too
micca4455
Junior

Post by micca4455 »

space wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:30 am PART 1

Okay, maybe this is not the main factor, but ONE of the main factors in fecal type bb.

As you can see, I'm still a "Newbie". But like you, have read several threads here.

Now focusing on the topic, reading threads here, just like most or maybe some of you have noticed already, there's this recurring pattern of symptoms for EXTREME TYPE OF BAD BREADTH: the one which can fill up a room, the one that smells even your mouth is close, the one you can smell even from planet Mars (okay that's an exaggeration, but you get what I mean). So now for the same/repeating symptoms I have read so far for this type:

- distinct smell of this type is fecal, sometimes "fart"
- mucus in throat
- bad taste in mouth

I will be focusing on the factor I'm talking about which is the MUCUS IN THROAT.

Some might describe it as sticky saliva. Some, clear or transparent mucus. Some maybe call it phlegm. But it's in the same location, in throat or maybe even upper part of esophagus.

I'm thinking that what we were describing (sticky saliva, mucus, phlegm) is the same thing. But to be clear what I'm talking about, mine is:

- COLOR/APPEARANCE: clear/ transparent, not opaque, not yellow phlegm or green phlegm or brown phlegm, just clear mucus

- CONSISTENCY: not so thick, but you can feel it there, particulary when you eat mucus-aggravating foods like spicy, chocolate or anything creamy

- FREQUENCY: never goes away, I see it when I spit after rinsing when brushing,

- TASTE: taste mostly nothing, but is somehow salty

- SMELL: I haven't smell it with spit-then-smell method. Though I smell my floss for every section when flossing, I cannot get myself to smell the mucus. I just have a whiff of how it smells when I intentionally cough (smells depends mostly on what I've eaten). Like the mucus absorb the smell of whatever I intake, maybe it's like a net there or maybe like a pool that get affected of whatever you eat.

Ruminating about it, I think that some circumstance or collections of reasons have triggered a part of our body to produce the mucus. Scientifically speaking, our body normally does produce mucus constantly for important functions. What I mean is, EXTRA MUCUS IN THROAT CONSTANTLY.

And then I thought about, what if it gets triggered to start and we cannot undo it anymore and have to live it. That's a very pessimistic view, but I'm trying to think about the worst case scenario so I can somehow find solutions to at least manage the smell (even the mucus production will never be cured).
Hi space.

In fecal BB symptoms. Are Both mouth and nose have bad breath? Because i have mouth en nose bb. Where can I buy the S. Salivarius?
space
Advanced

Post by space »

Hello micca, the “fecal” term is to describe the smell, either its only from the mouth, only nasal, or both.

I think you can purchase it in Amazon, or if you have shopee, found one from there but have not bought it yet to try, others say probiotics can cause sibo, but its important to note that S.Salivarius is also the one that lives in the mouth

I think S.Salivarius’s effect will be significant if your problem is only located from the mouth to the throat/upper esophagus, but wont help as much if your cause of bb is more difficult to tackle like metabolic or digestion.
micca4455
Junior

Post by micca4455 »

space wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:14 am Hello micca, the “fecal” term is to describe the smell, either its only from the mouth, only nasal, or both.

I think you can purchase it in Amazon, or if you have shopee, found one from there but have not bought it yet to try, others say probiotics can cause sibo, but its important to note that S.Salivarius is also the one that lives in the mouth

I think S.Salivarius’s effect will be significant if your problem is only located from the mouth to the throat/upper esophagus, but wont help as much if your cause of bb is more difficult to tackle like metabolic or digestion.
Have u heard research about genetic mutation that once posted here. I think my problem is more on genetic. Because my bb problem is both on mouth and nose same as what state in the research. And unfortunately according to them no cure yet.
space
Advanced

Post by space »

I’ve read it last 2018, unfortunately like you said no cure yet, just dietary modifications. Plus its quite difficult to be part of the ones to be tested. Just hoping for the updates from the other members for now. And for now do the little things that you can, observe your body, what makes your bb worse or what lessens it. Stop with coffee and junkfoods too if you can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic