Your Email Address:

First Name:

I NEED ADVICE

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
uxman
I NEED ADVICE

Post by uxman »

I have had a foul smelling breath which comes out from my nose only for two years now(i dont have smelly mouth). I visited the dentist and they did scaling and polishing, and to me i have a perfect set of teeth. I also have a white tongue which i use a tongue scrapper for daily, but there is no reduction. A tongue swab was taken and sent to the lab which revealed no fungal and bacteria infection. I was then transferred to the ENT, who carried out an xray of the sinuses and revealed no problems. They checked my tonsils and the found some stones and suggested a TONSILLECTOMY. I had my tonsils taken out and there was no improvement in my NASAL ONLY BREATH. They transferred me to the GASTROENTROLOGIST who carried out the following:
Alkaline Phosphatase Serum
Amylase Serum
Anti Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody igA Serum
Bilirubin Total serum
Calprotectin Stool
Lipase Serum
Stool Parasite Microscopy Stool
Full Blood Count
Hpylori
Stool for Occult Blood
Creatinine Serum
Culture Aerobic Urine
Glucose, Blood
Urine Routine Analysis Automated
All the above tests were perfect.

They carried out and endoscopy which revealed the following:
GERD
GASTRITIS
ATONIC PYLORUS- Complete loss of tone of pylorus

As for the GERD, i dont have any lump in my throat or bad taste, i had occasional heart burn which when i eliminated somethings from my diet it stopped. My only symptom is occasional left sided mild stomach pain and very BAD NASAL ONLY BREATH. The Gastroentrologist also diagnosed me of NON INFECTIVE COLITIS. He Prescribed the following drugs:
NEXIUM
MOLTILUM
LIBROCOL
RIFAXIMIN FOR SIBO
VITA COLON HEALTH
SUCRALFATE
ALIGN PROBIOTIC
PROBIOTIC YOUGHURT
DR FORMULATED PROBIOTIC 90 BILLION CFU

After all these, i still have the bad breath, which i am sure is coming from my intestine as it is sometimes the same thing with my farts. I sometimes perceive the smell of digested foods i have eaten in my nose, i also have a very perfect bowel movement daily.
I noticed that Betaine Hcl, Cabbage, Eggs, Sugar, Bread and Beans worsen my breath. And the breath also worsens on an empty stomach. The doct said i dont need a colonoscopy because of the perfect blood and stool test.
THINGS I ALSO TRIED:
BETAINE HCL
PARSLEY
GINGER
ACTIVATED CHARCOAL
HIMALAYA PINK SEA SALT
EUTHYMOL TOOTHPASTE
CELERY JUICE
CABBAGE JUICE
BAKING SODA
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR WITH THE MOTHER
TUMERIC
MRM DIGESTIVE ENZYMES
MRM PROBIOTIC 50 BILLION
NEW RHYTHM PROBIOTIC 50 BILLION
PURITANS PRIDE ACIDOPHILLUS PROBIOTIC
PURITANS PRIDE MULTI ENZYME FORMULA
6 DAYS DRY FASTING

The only thing that seems to reduce it a little is probiotic youghurt.
I NEED TIPS ON HOW TO CURE MY BAD BREATH.

Gluten-free
Advanced

Re: I NEED ADVICE

Post by Gluten-free »

Try to eat very healthy for a couple of months to see of your breath will change. No junk food, no sugar, no process food nothing. Drink green juice every day. If you eat healthy your body will change also. Consistency is the key.
uxman

Post by uxman »

thanks for the reply. i just started carrot and apple raw juice today, let me see how it goes and i take probiotic youghurt daily. i have removed all junk food and sugar from my diet since this year.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Hi Uxman, how long were you on the rifaxmin for sibo? And are you able to always smell your bb or did you have someone giving you feedback?
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
uxman

Post by uxman »

I was on rifaximin for two weeks. I can only smell it when its very bad because i noticed sometimes its mild while sometimes its killing. I have people who i ask but they always tell me its not too bad or its not smelling. I always watch out for reactions when i go out and i also noticed sometimes i dont get reactions while sometimes i get little reaction, although not as bad as before. Similar to yours, mine also take the smell of the food eaten sometimes.
Gluten-free
Advanced

Post by Gluten-free »

Try not to drink carrot juice it contain high amount of sugar. Try celery, cucumber, spinach with green apple. To limit mucus you can press one lime or lemon in it. Don't let the juice taste sweet. Make it drinkable.

I drink 500 ml of green juice everyday to see what is going to happen. So I can have more green in my diet.
uxman

Post by uxman »

From my research, apples have 3times more sugar than carrot. I have used celery and cucumber before and i didnt really see much difference. i read an article on carrot and apple combination curing bad breath, thats why i am trying it.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

uxman wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:06 pm I was on rifaximin for two weeks. I can only smell it when its very bad because i noticed sometimes its mild while sometimes its killing. I have people who i ask but they always tell me its not too bad or its not smelling. I always watch out for reactions when i go out and i also noticed sometimes i dont get reactions while sometimes i get little reaction, although not as bad as before. Similar to yours, mine also take the smell of the food eaten sometimes.
Thanks for the response! Why did your Dr. prescribe the rifaximin? Or did you have to get a SIBO test done?

Did you get any relief from the bb during the time you were on rifaximin or it made absolutely no difference? Did you try changing your diet or anything at the time? Did your doctor confirm your nasal bb and that he could smell it?

I wish I could offer some tips but I'm in the exact same boat, your story is very similar to mine's. But I am exploring the SIBO theory right now and heard that it can reoccur unless the underlying issue is resolved. The one thing I found out recently though is that probiotics can actually cause /worsen SIBO, soo we have to be careful with that
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
uxman

Post by uxman »

The second doctor i saw told me i most definitely have a bacteria overgrowth because my breath was so bad that even when i am in a car, people i pass could perceive it. Even if i am in a room, it would come out of the room to other places. it was that bad. So when i saw this new doctor and he carried out all his test and they were okay, he told me that i don't have anything major, that with the drugs he gives me, i should be fine. I then told him what my former doctor suspected, and he told me the perfect test for that was another endoscopy, then they would collect a biopsy of the small intestine and culture it in the lab. And they would perform a stool culture for aerobic and anaerobic bacteria. Since i was travelling, he told me i could opt for the drug to see how it goes. i opted for the drug. As for his response to my breath, he said "everybody smells". But he was quite reassuring though and told be after he gives me drugs, it should make me whole again. As for whether the Rifaximin worked, in all honesty, i cant tell. it is very difficult for me to perceive my nasal bad breath, but what i can i say is that there is a reduction in my bad breath, as it does not travel far again and the reactions i get are not as bad as before. As for my diet, i removed all sugar and processed foods, and i take probiotic youghurt daily. i just started juicing carrots and apples yesterday, and i noticed my bowel movement is not that smelly again. i also take align probiotic daily because of the good reviews i read about it.
Helpus

Post by Helpus »

Uxman you say you have a perfect set of teeth any receding gums?
whatdidido
Junior

Post by whatdidido »

uxman wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:02 am The second doctor i saw told me i most definitely have a bacteria overgrowth because my breath was so bad that even when i am in a car, people i pass could perceive it. Even if i am in a room, it would come out of the room to other places. it was that bad. So when i saw this new doctor and he carried out all his test and they were okay, he told me that i don't have anything major, that with the drugs he gives me, i should be fine. I then told him what my former doctor suspected, and he told me the perfect test for that was another endoscopy, then they would collect a biopsy of the small intestine and culture it in the lab. And they would perform a stool culture for aerobic and anaerobic bacteria. Since i was travelling, he told me i could opt for the drug to see how it goes. i opted for the drug. As for his response to my breath, he said "everybody smells". But he was quite reassuring though and told be after he gives me drugs, it should make me whole again. As for whether the Rifaximin worked, in all honesty, i cant tell. it is very difficult for me to perceive my nasal bad breath, but what i can i say is that there is a reduction in my bad breath, as it does not travel far again and the reactions i get are not as bad as before. As for my diet, i removed all sugar and processed foods, and i take probiotic youghurt daily. i just started juicing carrots and apples yesterday, and i noticed my bowel movement is not that smelly again. i also take align probiotic daily because of the good reviews i read about it.
Apparently treating SIBO almost always takes another round of antibiotics. Every article of read states that it will come back, but after another round and up to about three, most people are fully cured. This also all depends on the diet afterwards as well.

I am a bit confused though. So, you weren't officially diagnosed with SIBO as your doctor offered the antibiotics and you agreed to that instead of the test? IS that right? And you feel that after that treatment, there was a reduction? Have you considered getting tested for sibo now?
uxman

Post by uxman »

Helpus wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:20 pm Uxman you say you have a perfect set of teeth any receding gums?
My gums are also perfect. I noticed the breath gets worse with certain food, all fingers point to digestive system. Today is the 3rd day since i started blending carrot and apples, i went out today and not a single reaction. I think the combination is working.
uxman

Post by uxman »

whatdidido wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:55 am
uxman wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:02 am The second doctor i saw told me i most definitely have a bacteria overgrowth because my breath was so bad that even when i am in a car, people i pass could perceive it. Even if i am in a room, it would come out of the room to other places. it was that bad. So when i saw this new doctor and he carried out all his test and they were okay, he told me that i don't have anything major, that with the drugs he gives me, i should be fine. I then told him what my former doctor suspected, and he told me the perfect test for that was another endoscopy, then they would collect a biopsy of the small intestine and culture it in the lab. And they would perform a stool culture for aerobic and anaerobic bacteria. Since i was travelling, he told me i could opt for the drug to see how it goes. i opted for the drug. As for his response to my breath, he said "everybody smells". But he was quite reassuring though and told be after he gives me drugs, it should make me whole again. As for whether the Rifaximin worked, in all honesty, i cant tell. it is very difficult for me to perceive my nasal bad breath, but what i can i say is that there is a reduction in my bad breath, as it does not travel far again and the reactions i get are not as bad as before. As for my diet, i removed all sugar and processed foods, and i take probiotic youghurt daily. i just started juicing carrots and apples yesterday, and i noticed my bowel movement is not that smelly again. i also take align probiotic daily because of the good reviews i read about it.
Apparently treating SIBO almost always takes another round of antibiotics. Every article of read states that it will come back, but after another round and up to about three, most people are fully cured. This also all depends on the diet afterwards as well.

I am a bit confused though. So, you weren't officially diagnosed with SIBO as your doctor offered the antibiotics and you agreed to that instead of the test? IS that right? And you feel that after that treatment, there was a reduction? Have you considered getting tested for sibo now?
I don't think it is right though. I started blending carrot and apples 3 days ago and i went out today, not a single reaction. I think it is working. My doctor said the SIBO breath test is not efficient. I may consider going for a stool culture for aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, and an endoscopy with biopsy of the small intestine cultured in the lab, if i don't get cured. But i am hopeful, i may not need it since i am seeing improvement.
buddi
Junior

Post by buddi »

Not being a nasal bb sufferer, this always confuses me.. plz clarify : do other ppl sense the bad breath coming from your nose?
Or is it that only u sense it?
PND is my only symptom. All Healthy apart from it.
PND leaves a coating on my tongue and creates BB i believe
uxman

Post by uxman »

buddi wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:37 am Not being a nasal bb sufferer, this always confuses me.. plz clarify : do other ppl sense the bad breath coming from your nose?
Or is it that only u sense it?
Other people perceive it. Mine comes out the way sulfur burps come out. I may be with someone and not be smelly and the next thing a smelly gas will come from the nose silently. it was have been easier for me if it came from the mouth because sometimes before i arrive, the smell is already there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic