Your Email Address:

First Name:

Stubborn tonsil stones ?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
trying
Total Newbie
Stubborn tonsil stones ?

Post by trying »

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this forum but I’ve been following it for quite a long time.
I’ve read so many threads already but unfortunately, like a lot of us, I haven’t solved this problem yet.

A litte bit about myself:
I have had bad breath for as long as I can remember.
I don’t know when it started, all I remember is that people have been making fun of me and showing disgust since elementary school, eventually it got worse during high school and here I am today.

Normally, I get a lot of reactions but I try to avoid talking to people and being near them which, as you can imagine, has made me quite lonely.
Also, I once asked my mom to check my breath and she said it is smelly just like my father’s (his breath smells real bad which makes me even more insecure if I imagine that I smell the same).

My diet is quite good. I am vegan and I barely eat any processed foods, I’m always cooking fresh and nutritious meals. Haven’t consumed sugar in over a year as well.

I have tried different candida elimination methods and I’m taking quality probiotics every single day. All to no avail so far.
My tongue is whitely coated and of course, I try to scrape it off but it’s never gone all together.
Although it’s not as bad as 1-2 years before since I’ve changed my diet and started caring for my gut.

I always thought I didn’t have tonsil stones because I never coughed up one.
My tonsils are also pretty hidden so I can’t see them very well but when I touch them, dear lord, it SMELLS like a rotten something.
At first, I was kind of glad that I finally knew what one possible reason for my bad breath is and after googling, I thought removing them wouldn’t be that hard.

I was wrong. I cannot remove them no matter how hard I try! I’ve tried EVERYTHING!
Squeezing them out with cotton swabs, fingers, spatulas and more did not work at all.

Nothing came out, it hurts and the objects smell like shit which makes me think I’m hitting the right spots but there is nothing!!

I even ordered a waterpik but that was also unsuccessful, several times.

Do you have any tips?

Helpus
Re: Stubborn tonsil stones ?

Post by Helpus »

Hi trying,yeh them tonsil stones are a nightmare try this
To remove use the end of a teaspoon the narrow end,put this at the bottom of the tonsil press gently with the edge of the narrow end and run it up to the top of the tonsil this should help remove any stones,do this a few times,if you have that crappy taste smell at the back of the throat then you probably have stones in there,

For me tonsils dont like mouthwash and toothpaste and also tongue scraping, your killing and removing bacteria good and bad,so try only using a pea size gel toothpaste and stop m/wash tongue scraping ect,

Avoid these foods- chocolate,cheese,stock cubes,butter,croissants, worst for stones
Try giving up bread(yeast) change to wrapps no yeast ,no tea drink black coffee no sugar and water filter your water to remove bicarbonate of soda

No alcohol again this kills all bacteria
And no oral sex,the bacteria from the vagina makes the tonsils very smelly and takes at least 2 weeks to stabilise back to normal

Some things for you to try,let me know how you get on,try for a month
trying
Total Newbie

Post by trying »

Hello helpus

first of all, thanks for your reply! I really appreciate it.
I have tried the teaspoon technique before and unfortunately, it didn’t work.

It’s so weird. I even went to the ENT and he said my tonsils are veeery small and that she can’t find any tonsil stones.
But when I touch them, they smell very bad? I don’t get this. How is this possible?
Helpus

Post by Helpus »

Hi trying your welcome if i can help i will,my tonsils are they same the righthandside is the smelly one the left is normally ok,

But people on this site have had there tonsils removed and bb stays

Can i ask what are your gums like,do you have receding gumline where on some of your teeth you can see the root,does you gumline retract upwards whe you drink alcohol or other foods
trying
Total Newbie

Post by trying »

yea, that’s what I’m afraid of.
Tonsillectomy sounds extremely scary. Of course, if it would cure my BB, I would do it nevertheless, but I’m afraid it won’t help.

My gums are pretty healthy actually, I think.
They are quite pink in color and don’t seem to recede, as far as I know. My dentist also confirmed there are no problems with them. Could they still cause issues?

When I drink alcohol or eat high-carb food, my tongue gets worse. I never do this because of that.
I suspect candida to be the culprit but I have tried almost all antifungals with little to no effect.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic