Your Email Address:

First Name:

OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
uxman
OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER

Post by uxman »

The cause of my bad breath has been determined to be an open pyloric sphincter, which is supposed to close after sending food down to the small intestine. But it remains permanently open. As a result of that, all the chemical reactions that take place in the small intestine smells out. How do I get to close it back?

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Re: OPEN PYLORIC SPHINCTER

Post by StillHoping »

Hi uxman, how did you find this out? What test did you have to take?
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
uxman

Post by uxman »

StillHoping wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:23 pm Hi uxman, how did you find this out? What test did you have to take?
Endoscopy
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

but people with reflux have the same thing? Or not? the food comes up all the time....
do you have a sinking filling on your stomach?
food from stomach shoul not smell....it is just acid and food and then it goes further down the tract......
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
uxman

Post by uxman »

Jimi Stein wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:12 pm but people with reflux have the same thing? Or not? the food comes up all the time....
do you have a sinking filling on your stomach?
food from stomach shoul not smell....it is just acid and food and then it goes further down the tract......
The small intestine is the place where the major digestion takes place. The pyloric sphincter is the connection between the stomach and small intestine. Normally the spinchter is always closed and only opens when there is food in the stomach. But my sphincter doesn't close at all. The gastric juice and bacteria action on food in the small intestine smells in everybody, but because mine never closes, I have some foul smelly gases coming up, its just like I am farting through my breath. About the sinking feeling, I also noticed when I take liquids, it doesn't stay in my stomach. I have a feeling of it going to the lower stomach. Reflux is a faulty oesophageal sphincter. Mine is the pyloric sphincter.
uxman

Post by uxman »

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

oh I thought your top sphincter was leaking.....well that is something new....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Memyselfi

Post by Memyselfi »

Very interesting, do you still have BB while/after eating?
uxman

Post by uxman »

Memyselfi wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:53 am Very interesting, do you still have BB while/after eating?
my bad breath is 24hours daily, it only gets worse after eating smelly foods like cabbage and the likes.
jbbang2
Total Newbie

Post by jbbang2 »

I also wondered if other people have hard time while eating / after eating the meal outside or with other people.
Because, for me, I think this is the most uncomfortable time. Do you guys think it is related to the issue you talking about?
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

uxman wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:21 am
StillHoping wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:23 pm Hi uxman, how did you find this out? What test did you have to take?
Endoscopy
Upper GI? Include colonoscopy? Was this the first time you did an endoscopy?

If the sphincter above the stomach is working, how does smell leak out? What is the doctor's advice to solve this?
uxman

Post by uxman »

winter wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:14 pm
uxman wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:21 am
Endoscopy
Upper GI? Include colonoscopy? Was this the first time you did an endoscopy?

If the sphincter above the stomach is working, how does smell leak out? What is the doctor's advice to solve this?
My sphincter above and below the stomach are open but the one below is causing the smell. I have had two endoscopies. They say I don't need a colonoscopy.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

uxman wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:28 pm My sphincter above and below the stomach are open but the one below is causing the smell. I have had two endoscopies. They say I don't need a colonoscopy.
The first endoscopy was also for BB? Any problem detected in that scope?
uxman

Post by uxman »

winter wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:38 pm
uxman wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:28 pm My sphincter above and below the stomach are open but the one below is causing the smell. I have had two endoscopies. They say I don't need a colonoscopy.
The first endoscopy was also for BB? Any problem detected in that scope?
A little ulcer which has healed before the second endoscopy, gastritis and small sign of gerd
Peach555
Total Newbie

Post by Peach555 »

I have been suspecting this is my issue as well. Does anything make your odor increase? For example, I emit an odor when I have an alcoholic drink, drink apple cider vinegar or eat something like beans or ice cream. It’s been described as smelling like sewage or rotten eggs (I cannot smell it). I’m pretty sure I have bad breath all the time, but when I have the items I mentioned above (in addition to other things), my odor is room filling (and I’ll get asked if I farted).

Did the doctor give you any advice on how to heal the pyloric sphincter??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic