First Name:

Please read this. It might help you.

Tell us your story with bad breath
adam
Total Newbie
Please read this. It might help you.

Post by adam »

Hi everyone,

I am writing this in the hope that it might help some of you. I was a long time sufferer as well (20 years), so you can imagine how this problem took influence on my life.

I tried everything over the years (and from what I can see in the topics here, so have many of you):
My oral hygiene is flawless (not a single cavity, never had one), I tried different diets (gluten/lactose free/vegan etc.), all kinds of possible and impossible supplements (MMS, fish oils, vitamins, probiotics etc.), enemas, I considered tonsillectomy (glad I did not do it!) ... and so on ... the whole shabang. You get the picture.

And while often times some of the remedies provided temporary relief and made me think I was cured, the problem always came back. Sounds familiar?

So a while ago I was actually able to cure myself. From what I can see, there were two factors that helped me. Those sound actually quite easy, but before you say "of course I tried that. It does not work for me", please hear me out.

JUST ONE THING AS A DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A DOCTOR, I AM NOT TRYING TO SELL YOU A CURE, AND I AM NOT SAYING "DO AS I DID". I AM SHARING THIS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES.

1st:

I did a vitamin d treatment. That means I took up to 20,000 IU of vitamin D plus vitamin K2 for a week or two. After that period I decreased my daily intake to the now recommended 4000 IU per day for a person of my age and weight. I am also taking a regular multi-vitamin pill (as you can buy them anywhere in the world) every other day, just to make sure I am not running up any deficiencies.

I know vitamins are a bit of a "make believe" thing and you should be able to cover your vitamin needs by a balanced diet and enough fresh air (sun for vitamin D), but this did help.

AGAIN: I AM NOT RECOMMENDING TO TAKE THOSE HIGH DOSAGES OF VITAMIN D WITHOUT CONSULTING YOUR PHYSICIAN! I DID A TEST BEFOREHAND AND IT SHOWED THAT MY VITAMIN D LEVEL WAS A BIT LOW. I DID NOT HAVE A DEFICIENCY THOUGH!

Still, vitamins did not "cure" me. I was still suffering.

2nd:

This was actually the main remedy and looking back it still sounds to easy to be true, but I highly recommend you try this, since this does not carry any risks whatsoever.

I learned how to properly clean my tongue.

Yes, I know. You probably use a tongue scraper but "it does not work and bad breath will always come back after a short while". That's what I thought, too. I used to brush my tongue with tongue/tooth gels, used a tongue scraper according to the instructions, but I never seemed to actually get my tongue really clean and bb always came back, even when using mouthwash.

Unfortunately nobody really tells you how to properly use those tongue cleaners. So here is how I do it:

1. Use a tongue scraper of your choice. The brand does not matter. You can also use a spoon.
2. Scrape your tongue gently from the back to the front. There is no need to scrape really hard. Easy does it.
3. Now rinse your mouth with a sip of water and gargle with the water WHILE STICKING YOUR TONGUE OUT, so that your whole tongue up until the back of your throat gets nice and wet again.
4. Repeat this process of gently scraping and gargling until the stuff that you scrape off your tongue is clear saliva. It should take about 5-10 iterations.

With every iteration you should be able to feel how your tongue gets cleaner. This does not work if you do not rinse your tongue between scraping!

Again: This sounds like a redundant advice, but it works better than any mouthwash. Don't ask me why that is, I am not a scientist. But for the first time in 20 years I was actually able to get my tongue healthy and fresh. Something that I could not achieve with all the oral hygiene products in the world. In the end it was all about the right technique.

I hope this will help you as it helped me.

Kind Regards,
Adam

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Re: Please read this. It might help you.

Post by StillHoping »

Regarding the vitamin D, I recently started taking it (nowhere near your dosage) and I have noticed the excess mucus has reduced. Coincidentally, Dr Berg who I follow on YouTube posted this video just yesterday basically saying vitamin D deficiency causes silent acid reflux and the sphincter valve not closing properly https://youtu.be/hzC95NphH5w

Would you say you had any reflux issues? Or was your bb mainly due to an oral cause, since the tongue cleaning made a big impact for you?
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
optimismishere
Junior

Post by optimismishere »

Hey, Adam. Could you please tell us for how long you did this in order for you to be completely bad-breath free?
itsjustme
Total Newbie

Post by itsjustme »

For some reason, I cannot scrap my tongue clean until its only saliva left (scrap for an hour). There would be these white stuff that is continuously visible. Does this happen to anyone else? Also at the end of the day, the back of my tongue is coated white.
optimismishere
Junior

Post by optimismishere »

Just an update: I tried to do the things Adam has done. I gargled while I put my tongue OUT and gargled again and again. While I see no improvement, after doing this, I got a salty taste in my mouth for a while. I am assuming this salty taste is the debris behind the tongue being dislodged. I say this because I used to get this taste in my mouth when I used to use a mouthwash. So I think I’ll continue gargling with water while putting my tongue out. And yeah, I’m cleaning my tongue with a tongue cleaner too. I think this method has potential.

I remember I did something like this years before when I cleaned my tongue with a spoon for about 30 mins (my tongue hurt). And after doing that, my friends have no reaction for about an hour.

So yeah, try this method folks. Get all the debris off of the back of your tongue.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

I scrape my tongue two to three times a day before brushing my teeth and brushing my tongue with a toothpaste.
The tongue scraper removes whatever junk piles up on the dorsal surface (back of the tongue) till nothing is left.

Does it remove BB? May be temporarily it reduces the potency, but really doesn't take long for the crappy smell to come back. It's a good dental hygiene practice though, and I support doing it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic