Your Email Address:

First Name:

CURED but...

Tell us your story with bad breath
zoha97974
Total Newbie

CURED but...

Post by zoha97974 »

Hello friends . Excuse me I don't know English ... My problem started in high school. After getting the hpylori bad smell came out of my mouth and nose. It was hard for me to stay in the classroom. The bad smell filled a room. Very bad hpylori cured but. A few months ago I went to the doctor for esophageal disease. The doctor prescribed me omeprazole and ranitidine. I took the medication and only ate soup for a month. I can't believe my bad breath was healed after 10 years. But unfortunately after my medication was over, my bad breath came back. What do you think is the problem?

My treatment drugs

Ranitidine
Feroglobin syrup
ULTOP (Omeprazole)

Vitamin E

blood test
Tonsil surgery

KL123
Sheriff
Re: CURED but...

Post by KL123 »

I think it's sort of an established fact that antibiotics work for a little bit and get you bad breath free, but then you are back to zero after a few days.

I had my tonsils removed and I was on antibiotics to heal the surgical wounds. My bad breath was completely gone, and I was jumping with joy and pleasure not knowing that it's was not the removal of the tonsils or tonsil stones that resulted in free bad breath life. It were the antibiotics. Soon as I discontinued the antibiotics, the crap of bad breath came back to me.

One doctor once told me to gargle with Nystatin.
I never tried it. I thought it would cure for a little while and then bad breath come back.

May be in your country, if you are able to buy Nystatin over the counter, you can try gargling with it?
zoha97974
Total Newbie

Post by zoha97974 »

I removed my tonsils but did not make a change in the bad smell. I only used soup for a month. And taking Ranitidine and Omeprazole was temporarily cured. And it worked for me. After many years the bad smell was cured but returned after a month. Ranitidine and omeprazole were effective only when taken. But I don't know what the problem is. I think it's a problem in my stomach or maybe a bacterial growth in the intestine (sibo.). I had consumed a lot of sugar and sweets while taking the antibiotic ](*,) .The sibo diet didn't work.

Could eating a month of soup juice be effective?
I really don't understand what the problem is :oops:
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

zoha97974 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:48 am I removed my tonsils but did not make a change in the bad smell. I only used soup for a month. And taking Ranitidine and Omeprazole was temporarily cured. And it worked for me. After many years the bad smell was cured but returned after a month. Ranitidine and omeprazole were effective only when taken. But I don't know what the problem is. I think it's a problem in my stomach or maybe a bacterial growth in the intestine (sibo.). I had consumed a lot of sugar and sweets while taking the antibiotic ](*,) .The sibo diet didn't work.

Could eating a month of soup juice be effective?
I really don't understand what the problem is :oops:
That's the whole fun about this problem, nobody understands what the problem is? :D
We get ridiculed by idiots to brush our teeth and do floss etc. Only if they knew that we are oral hygiene fanatics and our dental hygiene practice is 10 times better than many.

Zoha, whats your age group?
Many of us started this problem at the age around 12 to 15, and then it never went away.
There may be different categories of chronic halitosis and there may be many reasons.

In my personal opinion, this is a genetic issue in most cases. Other causes could be rotten or decaying tooth with infection which is easily curable.
But if it's a genetic cause then there is no cure yet.
We can only take steps to mask the bad breath by using various products.

There have been two new remedies that seem to provide relief to some of us. These are,
1 - Drinking Aloe Vera inner leaf gel juice a few times everyday.
2 - Mouth washing with a very diluted form of Sodium Hypochlorite. It's like adding 10 drops of Sodium Hypochlorite in one glass of water, and then gargling with it. I personally did not try this method but will try it soon.
I did try adding a table spoon of 4% Chlorhexidine in half a cup of water and gargled with it. It completely removed the order from my saliva for about 4 hours.

This is what it looks like

Have you tried doing a saliva test?
If not, put your finger in your mouth and very gently scrape the back of your tongue with your finger nail and take a sample of saliva from the very back of your tongue (near the throat). Let the saliva dry up and then smell it.
It should give you an indication.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic