Your Email Address:

First Name:

Maybe cured..

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
KL123
Sheriff
Re: Maybe cured..

Post by KL123 »

Personally, I don't think I EVER have had a dry mouth symptoms.
I do know that my bb increases by multiple folds with physical exercise, work out running etc. And the taste in the mouth also gets worse.

On some very rare days my saliva does not exhibit any odor, (I don't know what causes this), but most of the time, is fecal or dead animal or rotten meat like odor in the saliva.
I also believe that on the days when my saliva may not be having odor, my breath still stinks since it feels like it's coming from the lungs.

When diluted hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse was all hyped up, I gargled my mouth with it, and drove to work which was about an hour drive those days.
During the entire ride, I kept checking my saliva, and it was crystal clean from any odor.
But soon as I spoke to a fellow work colleague in close proximity, he stepped back three yards with an unpleasant facial expression.
And I knew right away that it's not working.

nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

KL123 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:00 pm Personally, I don't think I EVER have had a dry mouth symptoms.
I do know that my bb increases by multiple folds with physical exercise, work out running etc. And the taste in the mouth also gets worse.

On some very rare days my saliva does not exhibit any odor, (I don't know what causes this), but most of the time, is fecal or dead animal or rotten meat like odor in the saliva.
I also believe that on the days when my saliva may not be having odor, my breath still stinks since it feels like it's coming from the lungs.

When diluted hydrogen peroxide mouth rinse was all hyped up, I gargled my mouth with it, and drove to work which was about an hour drive those days.
During the entire ride, I kept checking my saliva, and it was crystal clean from any odor.
But soon as I spoke to a fellow work colleague in close proximity, he stepped back three yards with an unpleasant facial expression.
And I knew right away that it's not working.
Hm maybe it was not oral since you just rinsed... maybe it came from lungs through the mouth?
But yes sometime those mouthwashes just work for a few hours
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

an update: so I started eating more fat/protein and lower carb since maybe two, three weeks now. and started the betaine hcl a week ago.to be honest i would not say I am cured 100%, this would only be the case after one month without any smell. sometimes there is a light odor, but not how it used to be. its so much better and not all day long. yesterday I upped the betaine hcl pills to 2 pills a protein meal. Today got up in the morning with a completely clear tongue, for the first time in years. if you guys want to I can update you every week or at 1 month to see if it is completely gone.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

nolab wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:27 pm an update: so I started eating more fat/protein and lower carb since maybe two, three weeks now. and started the betaine hcl a week ago.to be honest i would not say I am cured 100%, this would only be the case after one month without any smell. sometimes there is a light odor, but not how it used to be. its so much better and not all day long. yesterday I upped the betaine hcl pills to 2 pills a protein meal. Today got up in the morning with a completely clear tongue, for the first time in years. if you guys want to I can update you every week or at 1 month to see if it is completely gone.
Do you eat protein from beans? Do you have nasal BB?
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

nolab wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:27 pm an update: so I started eating more fat/protein and lower carb since maybe two, three weeks now. and started the betaine hcl a week ago.to be honest i would not say I am cured 100%, this would only be the case after one month without any smell. sometimes there is a light odor, but not how it used to be. its so much better and not all day long. yesterday I upped the betaine hcl pills to 2 pills a protein meal. Today got up in the morning with a completely clear tongue, for the first time in years. if you guys want to I can update you every week or at 1 month to see if it is completely gone.
Yes, keep us updated.
Do you take the pills before, between, or after the meals?
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

i am eating mainly animal proteins, no beans. and yes nasal bb.
currently I am taking 2-3 betaine hcl pills in the middle of a meal, depends on how big the meal.
yesterday I took the first time 3 pills and it got a little worse. maybe from the lps of the dying bacteria or maybe because of something else.
hope that it is just from the die off, but I'm not sure. but I am not going to stop now, keep going and see if it changes and update. tongue still pink in the morning though, that's what keeps me thinking that it is somehow connected.
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

Update: So i am taking the betaine hcl pills, tongue is still pink and oral bb and fecal nasal bb are pretty much gone, no pnd and mucus in throat.
But what didnt change or made it slightly worse is the sulfur problem, I am guessing that something in this betaine pill is not good for people with sulfur problems or maybe the betaine contains sulfur??.. symptoms in my case: rotten egg smell, irritated red eyes, joint pain, redflushed face, heat, sweating
For those who don't have sulfur issues and only have oral bb or nasal bb(not sulfur smell).. I would really recommend trying betaine hcl.
Maybe I am going to switch to shot of water with ACV or lemon before meal.

Today I am also starting to supplement with molybdenum (and maybe b6) for the sulfur metabolism. From what I read you can try to treat the Dysbiosis but if there is a problem in the sulfur metabolism and the body cant get the end product sulfate, the overgrowth and the bacteria will come back, because the body needs sulfate to survive and overgrows the bacteria as an adaption possibly to get this end product.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

nolab wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:43 pm Update: So i am taking the betaine hcl pills, tongue is still pink and oral bb and fecal nasal bb are pretty much gone, no pnd and mucus in throat.
But what didnt change or made it slightly worse is the sulfur problem, I am guessing that something in this betaine pill is not good for people with sulfur problems or maybe the betaine contains sulfur??.. symptoms in my case: rotten egg smell, irritated red eyes, joint pain, redflushed face, heat, sweating
For those who don't have sulfur issues and only have oral bb or nasal bb(not sulfur smell).. I would really recommend trying betaine hcl.
Maybe I am going to switch to shot of water with ACV or lemon before meal.

Today I am also starting to supplement with molybdenum (and maybe b6) for the sulfur metabolism. From what I read you can try to treat the Dysbiosis but if there is a problem in the sulfur metabolism and the body cant get the end product sulfate, the overgrowth and the bacteria will come back, because the body needs sulfate to survive and overgrows the bacteria as an adaption possibly to get this end product.
Thanks for the update nolab.
Can you do some research on the side effects or over dose of taking Betain HCL?

This is what I just did with a basic google search.

Large amounts of betaine HCl can burn the lining of the stomach. If a burning sensation is experienced, betaine HCl should be immediately discontinued. People should not take more than 10 grains (650 mg) of betaine HCl without the recommendation of a physician.
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

no was in no pain, no burning sensation, nothing with the stomach, 100% sure. just sulfur symptoms came back..
read later somewhere on dr ruscio website which supplements people with hydrogen sulphide sibo should avoid
"L-methionine, L- cysteine or NAC, L- taurine, glucosamine, glutathione; L- glycine, DMSO, SAMe, methylcobalamin, methyl-folate, Betaine HCL and choline, chlorella, chondroitin sulfate, alpha lipoic acid" so I'm guessing the betaine somehow contains something sulfury or something else which I cant handle that well at this moment.
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

A HUGE UPDATE.so the gene thing was still in my head..but I was curious if there are other possibilities than then selenbp1. somewhere I read about that it is possible to download your raw gene data from those ancestry test, (which I made 2017) and upload it to some sites online and they show you your genes and which are changed(increased/decreased) and so on.(probably not that good and not so acurate than those professional tests, BUT its something..)
so I downloaded the raw dna data from the site where I made the ancestry test a few years ago and uploaded it on that site.
long story short: found an upregultion in the CBS gene(increased enzymatic activity) which is part of the sulfur metabolism and two genes which are important for methylation processes MTR(increased enzyme activity),MTRR(reduction in activity). those are not all genes but in this case the most important I think. what gave me hope is that those polymorphisms are not that uncommon and rare and a lot of people have them apparently.
I am open for opinions, suggestions on this gene topic.. maybe someone knows more than I do, because I don't know much about genes..
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

nolab wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:10 pm A HUGE UPDATE.so the gene thing was still in my head..but I was curious if there are other possibilities than then selenbp1. somewhere I read about that it is possible to download your raw gene data from those ancestry test, (which I made 2017) and upload it to some sites online and they show you your genes and which are changed(increased/decreased) and so on.(probably not that good and not so acurate than those professional tests, BUT its something..)
so I downloaded the raw dna data from the site where I made the ancestry test a few years ago and uploaded it on that site.
long story short: found an upregultion in the CBS gene(increased enzymatic activity) which is part of the sulfur metabolism and two genes which are important for methylation processes MTR(increased enzyme activity),MTRR(reduction in activity). those are not all genes but in this case the most important I think. what gave me hope is that those polymorphisms are not that uncommon and rare and a lot of people have them apparently.
I am open for opinions, suggestions on this gene topic.. maybe someone knows more than I do, because I don't know much about genes..
Yeah, I am not well versed with the human genome subject either.

Have you heard of this device?
I was wondering if this can be used to check which foods intake have what kind of effect on the breath?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... 8NOK&psc=1
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

nolab wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:10 pm
I think we are getting too caught up in the SELENBP1 thing.
bb free)
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

well I don't think that it is the selenbp1 gene either..
but in my case it showed changes in genes belonging to the methylation and trans-sulfuration processes, some more some less.
Ans some more in the SUOX gene in my case which is responsible for transformating sulfite into sulfate.
because of small changes(not talking about heavy gene defect) there could be symptoms if the sulfite burden from bacterial overgrowth is too high. Excuse my talking about genes if I make any mistakes, but I have just a little clue about this topic.

my cbs enzyme activity is slightly increased(which isn't a big problem I read) so there will be more sulfite produced than normal. toxic sulfite is getting changed into the the non toxic sulfate through the SUOX gene. but if the suox gene doesn't work that well the sulfite cant be changed properly into sulfate(which the body needs) and then the body produces an overgrowth of bacteria to make a different route to get sulfate.(adaptation)
i am feeling like crazy person and cant explain myself well in english. I don't even know if I should trust this, but I think it makes somehow sense...
and I am really trying to solve this. I also think that maybe the diet and the betaine reduced my prevotella overgrowth, but apparently there could be more to this, since sulfur issues got worse.
I learned about hydrogen sulfide sibo on dr greg nigh interviews and I think he said that a cause for hydrogen sulphide sibo could be an impairment of this pathway. the body cant get enough sulfate(different causes not only genes) and therefore produces overgrowth of h2s producing bacteria.

They recommend supplementing with molybdenum for those with suox gene problems to support the sulfur pathway, but the overgrowth won't go away in a week with this. but it should get better after some time. So I am taking molybdenum and will be taking vitamin b12,b6 and folate in an ACTIVE form, since I also got changes in methylation processes and cant process normal b vitamins or something like that, no expert on this.(active form b12=methylcobalamin, active form b6=Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate and active form folic acid=folate) They also recommend other things but I am only trying this.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

nolab wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:18 pm well I don't think that it is the selenbp1 gene either..
but in my case it showed changes in genes belonging to the methylation and trans-sulfuration processes, some more some less.
Ans some more in the SUOX gene in my case which is responsible for transformating sulfite into sulfate.
because of small changes(not talking about heavy gene defect) there could be symptoms if the sulfite burden from bacterial overgrowth is too high. Excuse my talking about genes if I make any mistakes, but I have just a little clue about this topic.

my cbs enzyme activity is slightly increased(which isn't a big problem I read) so there will be more sulfite produced than normal. toxic sulfite is getting changed into the the non toxic sulfate through the SUOX gene. but if the suox gene doesn't work that well the sulfite cant be changed properly into sulfate(which the body needs) and then the body produces an overgrowth of bacteria to make a different route to get sulfate.(adaptation)
i am feeling like crazy person and cant explain myself well in english. I don't even know if I should trust this, but I think it makes somehow sense...
and I am really trying to solve this. I also think that maybe the diet and the betaine reduced my prevotella overgrowth, but apparently there could be more to this, since sulfur issues got worse.
I learned about hydrogen sulfide sibo on dr greg nigh interviews and I think he said that a cause for hydrogen sulphide sibo could be an impairment of this pathway. the body cant get enough sulfate(different causes not only genes) and therefore produces overgrowth of h2s producing bacteria.

They recommend supplementing with molybdenum for those with suox gene problems to support the sulfur pathway, but the overgrowth won't go away in a week with this. but it should get better after some time. So I am taking molybdenum and will be taking vitamin b12,b6 and folate in an ACTIVE form, since I also got changes in methylation processes and cant process normal b vitamins or something like that, no expert on this.(active form b12=methylcobalamin, active form b6=Pyridoxal 5'-Phosphate and active form folic acid=folate) They also recommend other things but I am only trying this.
How about using Berberine HCL ?
nolab
Junior

Post by nolab »

I dont know about this one, didnt try it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic