Your Email Address:

First Name:

I cured my bb from stomach! (simple, doesn't require a million steps)

Tell us your story with bad breath
Sarah889
Total Newbie
Re: I cured my bb from stomach! (simple, doesn't require a million steps)

Post by Sarah889 »

space wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:00 am Please update us whenever possible, some of us have the clear mucus as a symptom
Will do! ☺

Sarah889
Total Newbie

Post by Sarah889 »

space wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:00 am Please update us whenever possible, some of us have the clear mucus as a symptom
Will do ☺
Sarah889
Total Newbie

Post by Sarah889 »

Ricky wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:57 am Hello sarah

Thank you for sharing your story. Were you able to find 500mg d limonene?

Does the 1000mg give a lasting 8hr relief from bb? Or do you take it more than once a day if necessary?

Did it take more than a day to see improvements?
Hey, I found some 500mg online, however I'm waiting for payday before I purchase it🤣 Yes, the 1000mg gives me 8 hour relief, and even when I can feel the effects wearing off my bb is nowhere near as bad as usual. I have been experimenting with taking 1000mg in the morning and then another 1000mg at night. I googled it and apparently this is still a safe dose to take, even though it sounds like a lot. So at the minute I'm having good breath all the time, as when the supplement wears off its around time to take another one anyway!
I saw improvements the same day I took it. I was blown away, wasn't expecting anything to happen in all honesty
letsgetcured

Post by letsgetcured »

Hey sarah did you have nasal bb too?
Sarah889
Total Newbie

Post by Sarah889 »

letsgetcured wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:15 pm Hey sarah did you have nasal bb too?
Hey,
I'm not sure if I did or not! Whenever I got my bb comments it was when I was talking. But I always kept my distance from people so if I did have nasal bb, I was probably never close enough for people to smell it
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Ricky wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:57 am Hello sarah

Thank you for sharing your story. Were you able to find 500mg d limonene?

Does the 1000mg give a lasting 8hr relief from bb? Or do you take it more than once a day if necessary?

Did it take more than a day to see improvements?
think about it.
if 500 mg gives you 4 hours of relief then you can take a pill every four hours.
space
Advanced

Post by space »

Hello sarah, it‘s almost a week since your first post (first post says you’re a week in d-limonene) so maybe you’re using it for 2 weeks already. I know its still too early to ask, but is the supplement still working?
Crazyred91

Post by Crazyred91 »

Hey hope you are still doing fine :) - just a question so after u took the pills your tongue coating reduced aswell or just the taste?
Anomi

Post by Anomi »

I started to take this pill of 500 mg yesterday, seems it affects the stomach - no reflux or heartburn, but yet the smell is there. I read that it can heal the stomach by 20 days. I will keep you updated.
Anomi

Post by Anomi »

Guys be careful, after several days my stomach was burning😓
Ethanklein

Post by Ethanklein »

Anomi wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:40 pm I started to take this pill of 500 mg yesterday, seems it affects the stomach - no reflux or heartburn, but yet the smell is there. I read that it can heal the stomach by 20 days. I will keep you updated.
Have you stopped taking this d-limonene now Anomi or have you powered through? I just started taking 1000mg of these on an every other day regime for 20 days as recommended by many online and im 5/6 days in. I also felt a lot of stomach action and orange burps for the first few days but it seems to of calmed down at the moment. Definetely has a big impact in there although not sure what that impact is just yet!

Googling "d limonene 20 days" you will see lots and lots of different sites and people even in amazon product reviews saying it works for curing GERD and some BB related issues if you complete this 20 day cycle of one day take 1000mg then one day off. I will continue until day 20 and report back too, like most things on here I think it's good to give it a full and thorough try before packing it in even if it does cause some discomfort.

There are also lots of public medical journals that state D-limonene inhibits Candida albicans growth, so that initial discomfort could be what candida sufferers call the "die off" period, worth googling too. I don't know for sure but, surely worth continuing to try it.
Anomi

Post by Anomi »

Hi, I took it for 4-5 days and I felt as my reflux became worsen.
I read also about the 20 days cure period, but couldn't stand the stomachache. Right now i'm back to NAC (although it irritates the stomach as well but less), so I feel that my PND is dramatically decreasing. As for the smell - it's still here, but I think it is less noticable, maybe 20 percent less. I will keep you updated.

On top I'm taking L- Glutamine and digestive enzymes that help me with my bowels disorders.

Wish us all the bests🤞
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Just as I thought, it will damage your stomach because it is acid.....lemons are pure natural acid....very bad
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Ethanklein

Post by Ethanklein »

Anomi wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:57 pm Hi, I took it for 4-5 days and I felt as my reflux became worsen.
I read also about the 20 days cure period, but couldn't stand the stomachache. Right now i'm back to NAC (although it irritates the stomach as well but less), so I feel that my PND is dramatically decreasing. As for the smell - it's still here, but I think it is less noticable, maybe 20 percent less. I will keep you updated.

On top I'm taking L- Glutamine and digestive enzymes that help me with my bowels disorders.

Wish us all the bests🤞
Hmm that is interesting you felt your Reflux worsen, was it more intense or just more noticable & what time were you taking them? From my understanding of researching Limonene is basically functioning in a similar manner to Gaviscon liquid where the viscosity (thickness/stickyness) of the oil is providing natural coating over the top of your stomach content and Esophagus when you reflux (it does not just immeadiately stop reflux from happening but aids in the process of healing it). It then supposedly functions similarly to pouring bleach down a clogged, water-filled sink where it stimulates gastric emptying of bile, pepsin, endotoxins and even tackles H.pylori and Candida overgrowth.

That is what I have summized from some of these online naturopaths that I trust like fixyourgut aswell as what countless GERD sufferers claim, to having improved their stomach motility and their lifes. Lots of people who have taken prescription PPI proton pump inhibitor ( i have had metronidazole and it did nothing for me ) say swapping to this Limonene is their cure. Most dont literally mention "bad breath" in their reviews for obvious reasons but its fairly clear to assume thats also a symptom.

That being said, it clearly is not a miracle for everyone and i think the user Nolab has got this spot on like much of their other posts. They said;
tried d-limonene like a few months ago as well after I read that it helps clear stomach dysbiosis/h pylori
but it just made my nasal bb much much worse, but only the nasal..
but it may be some people with gerd can benefit from d limonene..
The proper medical studies out there do indeed confirm without doubt that this D-limonene 20 day course can give tangible longterm relief from GERD and subsequently bad breath by tackling certain gut imbalances ( pylori, candida, probably some other stuff ) but obviously for many of us GERD is just the tip of the iceberg of more complex imbalances in our bodies systems that might not just solely begin and end in the stomach ( possibly Liver & intestine ). There is definetly a lot of BS methods out there but I do believe this one can be legit for some people who only have GERD because of simple excess stomach acid or a loose lower esophageal sphincter ( LES ) which happens naturally with age.

Here's what is really intruiging me leading on from this Limonene analysis -

I have been looking into NAC ( N-Acetyl Cysteine ) a lot recently as some users on here dating all the way back to 2007 were talking about it thinning mucus & curing PND. Its use in hospitals for breaking up thick mucus on patients with bronchitis shows there indeed is something to that and it is also a source of sulfur, but it could seem to be treating a symptom rather than the root cause of Nasal BB as I was and am still not convinced Post Nasal Drip is a root cause but more a reaction from your body trying to compensate for something. Further research revealed NAC is a Antioxidant & precusor to Glutathione which is an important molecule in detoxing your body and detox pathways which I am learning are extremely overlooked. There is a thread on here called "Glutathione helps" which is really worth looking at. I am learning about Methylation right now sparked from a great user in that thread and it is fascinating. Here's the kicker: If your Methylation cycle is not functioning properly your body does not adequately produce this sizeable list of molecules that many people on this forum have been taking seperately as supplements and to varied levels of success from ( just try searching any of these terms on this forum you will see its a suprising link) - Glutathione, Serotonin, Coenzyme Q10, Melatonin, Nitric oxide, Cysteine, Taurine, L-carnitine, Norepinephrine. This seems like a big discovery. I have lurked on these forums for years just trying random stuff i've read here and there but I never discovered this link between all these things until now.

So if you have searched this forum and seen all the posts mentioning those molecules, does it now become plausible that many of us here could be suffering from a random but natural gene mutation that can predispose you to poor natural bodily function that according to some studies affects up to 40% of the U.S population? I know my dad and sibling also suffer similar issues to me to different degrees, so it makes a lot of sense as a theory. It would seem that restoring your methylation cycle to that of a regular joe's should in turn and in time, allow your entire body to function normally, efficiently and as a consequence eliminate Nasal BB. There is actually someone who mentioned this back in 2012 who was really passionate about this called mindspace and they seem to be cured, stopped posting in 2018.

I am still in the process of putting all this information together coherently and working things out so I apologise for rambling in this post but I just wanted to share what I am looking into right now as this forum is a goldmine in researching qualitative then quantitative data after people report back with their experience so thanks to Jimi big time for that.

I will continue to research and hopefully produce some results, please keep us posted on your progress with NAC Anomi
Anomi

Post by Anomi »

Thank you very much for your detailed post!
Seems that the 3 first days with NAC - the phlegm and the mucus became thicker and that felt great! but right now it's been 2 days that the PND came back and I don't feel good - dihareae and nausea 1 hour after taking it. It's very depressing, but maybe 1000 mg are too much for me.
As for the smell - it's still very strong but seems that less stronger than before especially from my nose. I'm not sure about the room filling because I work from home this week. I'm going to keep trying with this NAC, maybe I will reduce the dose to 500 mg instead of 1000 mg.
Next week I need to work from the office, usually it takes me 2 hours to fill the while office with this unpleasant smell - meaning, I will report next week if there is any difference with this. I hope to believe that it is reducing.
I will keep you posted and wanted to say that I'm very open minded to try anything else. Also i'm taking l-glutamine which helps me a lot with my IBS / sibo / dysbiosis and digestive enzymes. I'm on a special diet with a naturopath and don't eat dairy, flour and most of the crabs (Fodmap diet basically). I take also triphala and another detox formula.
Besides the NAC, my stomach and intestines feel very good (no more cramps), but the smell is still there and smells like poop/sewage/rotten eggs (I can smell my own mouth smell). As I mentioned, it's also from my nose, and a room filler.
I still have hope and willing to try whatever might give me a chance for a normal life.💪
Anomi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic