Your Email Address:

First Name:

Cured after 29 years (for the most part). Happy to answer questions.

Tell us your story with bad breath
phuc
Total Newbie
Re: Cured after 29 years (for the most part). Happy to answer questions.

Post by phuc »

Tylan456 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:57 pm I tried the toothpaste and mouth rinse, and I noticed a reduction in bb odor, will continue to see if this continues to reduce bb, just a fyi
I'm really happy that it's helping. Although that mouthwash works for me, I'm still hesitant to become too reliant on it because of the fear that it will eventually become ineffective. That's happened to me in the past when I tried other remedies like oral probiotics. I would suggest continuing to look for the root cause of the bb while using the mouthwash as a temporary relief.

ginger505
Total Newbie

Post by ginger505 »

Hey phuc. I read your post and I think the cause of my bb could be the same as yours, but I need to describe a bit my situation and I have some questions.

In short, I have a bad breath since a long time as you had, but I discovered these “tonsil stones” just about a couple of years ago. At first, I didn’t think the tonsils are the cause of bb because they were relatively clean, even if they really have big holes in them, they are usually empty. But as you said in your post, you also had tonsil stones one here, one there, so your tonsils weren’t overfilled with stones. This is also my situation, I rarely find stones in the tonsils, but hell when I extract them from there, they smell Ultra bad.

Besides this, always when I look up in my mouth, I have a yellow tongue. I don’t even remember how my tongue looks because it is always covered with this yellow layer (only the back part of the tongue, not all).
And this yellow coat on my tongue also smells bad, but it has the same smell like the tonsils and tonsil’s stones.

My theory about my case is this: my tonsils are smelling like crap all the time, and having some other things in the nearby like the tongue, the tonsils’ smell also permeate into the tongue and makes everything smell bad.

Now my question for you is:
- Did you also had a yellow tongue which smelled because of your tonsils? If yes, now that you took them out, is there any change on your tongue? Like, is it still yellow or smelly?

I am asking you this because right now I am not exactly sure if the smell comes either from the tonsils or from the tongue. Personally I don’t think my tongue would have any smell without those tonsils.

Best regards,
ginger505
phuc
Total Newbie

Post by phuc »

ginger505 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:49 am
Now my question for you is:
- Did you also had a yellow tongue which smelled because of your tonsils? If yes, now that you took them out, is there any change on your tongue? Like, is it still yellow or smelly?

I am asking you this because right now I am not exactly sure if the smell comes either from the tonsils or from the tongue. Personally I don’t think my tongue would have any smell without those tonsils.

Best regards,
ginger505
Hi ginger505, I did have considerably more yellow fuzz on my tongue before my tonsillectomy and it did smell bad, just like my tonsil stones. I still occasionally get yellow fuzz on my tongue now but it's not nearly as bad. I'm almost positive my adenoids are producing some remnant tonsil stones but it's mild and infrequent enough for me to handle them with the remedies I listed in my post.
ginger505
Total Newbie

Post by ginger505 »

phuc wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:53 am Hi ginger505, I did have considerably more yellow fuzz on my tongue before my tonsillectomy and it did smell bad, just like my tonsil stones. I still occasionally get yellow fuzz on my tongue now but it's not nearly as bad. I'm almost positive my adenoids are producing some remnant tonsil stones but it's mild and infrequent enough for me to handle them with the remedies I listed in my post.
Hey, thank you for your reply and for your story.
Right now I am already considering a tonsillectomy but unfortunately I’m not sure when I will be able to do it because of this Coronavirus situation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic