Your Email Address:

First Name:

lost for ideas

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
petalpetal

lost for ideas

Post by petalpetal »

hi im 33 yr old male, had bb since just before i entered my teens (that i know of)

i have tried so many things i dont know where to go now. every dentist i go to has always said my oral hygiene is impeccable, which it is. i feel it is something connected with stomach /gastro.
tried tcm which worked amazingly when i was on it. as soon as it stopped it all came back.

in my despair at others conditions, i cant help seeing this is not just bb and wondered how they are all connected. ie other day, was reminded of v bad dandruff, which i dont always see when my hair is long, but having short i am reminded of how bad it is, since i was a kid. and dry flaky skin, yellow patches under arms, really bad smelling sweat odor, really bad smelling stools- i know these arent going ot smell great, but i know its not normal to smell this bad. even when im eating well and sustained healthy eating.

all these things, together, make me really confused and think it is a bigger cause....

all the over the counter remedies and diets not fixing these. i wonder if anyone knows what could connect these issues.

petalpetal

Re: lost for ideas

Post by petalpetal »

any ideas
Gelonaxy

Post by Gelonaxy »

Hi! How did the TCM treatment look like? Sounds interesting.
Are there food intolerances?
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

Interesting. It seems like it started for quite a few of us around that age (11 or 12 years old). Yes you are on the right track. You have an overgrowth of anaerobic bacteria in your stomach or small intestine - not just your mouth. That is why you are getting all these other symptoms. I just came up positive for the SIBO test and am looking forward to going on antibiotics next week (Rifaximin + Neocymin) - I have found a multitude of success stories from this cocktail of drugs above. I will report back to the forum. I am ready to end this. 16 years has been enough for me and I have spent enough time on this website.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
petalpetal

Post by petalpetal »

yes food intokelrances, anything with sugar, wheat, carbs etc. most things actually agravate my bb.

the treamtnet was some chinese medicine and strict diet for 2 months alongside accupuncture and cupping.

i did a sibo test myself at home a few years ago and tested positive, but i dont know how reliable that is. also its not really recognised here in uk so much as a thing, o didnt know how to take treatment gonig forward.

feel so conflicted, is hard to 'convince' a doctor here
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

How did you test for sibo yourself? Do you have nasal BB? I had flaky skin and body odor too. But those symptoms were gone now.
petalpetal

Post by petalpetal »

i ordered a breath test online and did a standard test i think it is; taking solution and breathing into something across 3 hours to take a reading, then send it off for analysis. it didnt seem that reliable to be doing it that way, but was only way i could go forward with it- speaking with any doctor in uk they just shut me down immediately when i mentioned sibo and tell me to stop self diagnosing.
Gelonaxy

Post by Gelonaxy »

gotshot26 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:19 am Interesting. It seems like it started for quite a few of us around that age (11 or 12 years old). Yes you are on the right track. You have an overgrowth of anaerobic bacteria in your stomach or small intestine - not just your mouth. That is why you are getting all these other symptoms. I just came up positive for the SIBO test and am looking forward to going on antibiotics next week (Rifaximin + Neocymin) - I have found a multitude of success stories from this cocktail of drugs above. I will report back to the forum. I am ready to end this. 16 years has been enough for me and I have spent enough time on this website.
For me it also started as a teenager.
Did the doctor suggest the test for SIBO? Here in Germany is Rifaximin not allowed. You have got luck!
petalpetal wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:22 pm i ordered a breath test online and did a standard test i think it is; taking solution and breathing into something across 3 hours to take a reading, then send it off for analysis. it didnt seem that reliable to be doing it that way, but was only way i could go forward with it- speaking with any doctor in uk they just shut me down immediately when i mentioned sibo and tell me to stop self diagnosing.
Hahaha... I know those silly doctors... Do you tell your main symptom bad breath or do you say something like pain in your stomach and so on?
petalpetal

Post by petalpetal »

i used to say first about the bad breath then other symptoms, but i realised the doctors got more embarrassed by that and then didn't think it was that important and gave it less attention. when i complained about stomach issues as primary concern and BB as secondary and they were more willing to listen. i've been to so many doctors over the years i've lost count and dont know how to approach it now. pushing the stomach issues as primary did prompt them to do a colonoscopy which came back fine. im thinking an endoscopy is maybe necessary to test for gerd or other issues in that area, not sure how to go about it.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

petalpetal wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:42 am yes food intokelrances, anything with sugar, wheat, carbs etc. most things actually agravate my bb.

the treamtnet was some chinese medicine and strict diet for 2 months alongside accupuncture and cupping.

i did a sibo test myself at home a few years ago and tested positive, but i dont know how reliable that is. also its not really recognised here in uk so much as a thing, o didnt know how to take treatment gonig forward.

feel so conflicted, is hard to 'convince' a doctor here
Are they still exploring different causes with you? If they are helping, then fine. Some doctors just ask you to see a dentist even though the dentists are asking the doctors to look into other causes.
petalpetal

Post by petalpetal »

no not exploring other options. they always just shut it down, then i move to another doctor and get the same cycle

doctor: see a dentist
dentist: see a doctor
petalpetal

Post by petalpetal »

i will meet with a new doctor tomorrow, im not sure which bit to emphasis, the bb or the stomach/other issues. not sure how to address them without it sounding like i'm trying to make 'predictions' - which always turns doctor off from listening
petalpetal

Post by petalpetal »

saw new doctor, was surprisingly attentive and listened. pulled up my records from 2013 and understood my history. will run somestandard blood tests for stomach acid and other things to get ball rolling again and he even suggested sibo test before i had to mention it.

i mentioned i had done one myself before and it came back positive, but doing one through doctors i feel a lot more supported with followup/ treatment. whereas before i was googling treatment after diagnosis and thats where i trailed off, with so many conflicting things online/no access to drug treatment.

feel a bit hopeful- grateful i did not have to defend myself or just send to dentist
gotshot26
Master

Post by gotshot26 »

nice. goodluck.
For type 1 sufferers, bad breath is mostly caused by overgrowths of sulphur-reducing bacteria within your microbiome. You should spend more time focusing your attention on these overgrowths if you want to find your permanent cure.
winter
Sheriff

Post by winter »

petalpetal wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:48 pm no not exploring other options. they always just shut it down, then i move to another doctor and get the same cycle

doctor: see a dentist
dentist: see a doctor
I have better luck with the dentists, but I face the same problem as you at the doctors' offices.
petalpetal wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:48 am saw new doctor, was surprisingly attentive and listened. pulled up my records from 2013 and understood my history. will run somestandard blood tests for stomach acid and other things to get ball rolling again and he even suggested sibo test before i had to mention it.

i mentioned i had done one myself before and it came back positive, but doing one through doctors i feel a lot more supported with followup/ treatment. whereas before i was googling treatment after diagnosis and thats where i trailed off, with so many conflicting things online/no access to drug treatment.

feel a bit hopeful- grateful i did not have to defend myself or just send to dentist
Which country is the doctor in?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic