First Name:

I hope this helps. 99 Percent BB Free.

Tell us your story with bad breath
JustHereToHelp
Junior

I hope this helps. 99 Percent BB Free.

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Hi Guys,

I haven’t been on this site in about a year or two. I just read a post from Feb 11, 2020. And even though my remedies are different I am here today with a similar story. My BB probably started sometime around 2013/2014. Maybe sooner, but that is when I noticed it. Back then, the only way to describe it that made sense was the term Fecal BB. Which I believe I found on this website. It smelled like actually crap, or maybe even worse if that is possible. It lingered. It filled all rooms, especially small spaces like a subway car. It was absolute, pure misery. Go to a church or a school classroom? Not possible. I want to cry just thinking about the hell that it was for those years. I tried every option that did not require surgery and after all this time, I am content with my results.

I used to read on here, people posting they had the majority of their BB cured. And I would barely read their post until I found someone who was more confident. Today I am saying to you, that 97-99% is good enough for me, and I will keep trying. After reading many many articles online, or posts on here, I tried a number of home remedies, which I will mention. But the change didn’t begin until I went to a dentist and he prescribed Chlorhexidine, plus a 7 day dose of Metronidazole antibiotic, and mouth spray with CPC(Cetilpyridinium). It didn’t eliminate the BB right away and it was even somewhat still there after a year. I used the Chlorhexidine mouth wash regularly, as prescribed, and went to his quarterly cleanings. I will not promote his name but he is in NYC. And honestly, he was a jerk, and claimed to invent a treatment that CURED BB. But I learned all he was doing is prescribing chlorhexidine, which is common. I was not CURED after a year and a half and I stopped going to him. I will say though that this did help a lot and it got me started. He promised a 100% cure. And after 1 year or more I told him it was 70% better and he told me that’s all he can do. This is after taking my initial $3000 and then charging my insurance for each quarterly cleaning. The best instruction I got from him was to not have an empty stomach. This was very helpful but not a “cure”. The other big thing I got from him was the immense hopelessness I felt after spending all of that money and time and the BB wasn't gone. That is when I got very serious about my diet and eventually(THANKFULLY) found out about my acid reflux.

I got an endoscopy less than a year ago, and I was told I had acid reflux. Which I do. But because it wasn’t severe I always just ignored it. This doctor told me to take over the counter antacids. I take one pill a day, not the chewy kind. And this worked A LOT to reduce my BB. On top of this, he gave me instructions on what to eat. And more importantly what not to eat. I will list all of these also.

Before I found any real success, I spent a few years trying various things that didn’t help much at all:
Teeth cleanings
Tongue scraping (Eventually I tried this again and it does help. But alone, in the beginning I had no positive results.)
High end mouthwashes from CVS
Gut flora promoting supplements and food
Vitamins – B, C, D
Tested negative for Celiac
Tested negative for SIBO
Pepto Bismol crushed, swished, and gargled
Pushing tonsil stones out of inside of mouth.
Chlorophyll
Lactaid (Thought maybe I was lactose intolerant. It didn’t help BB.)
Lauricidin
Multi-mineral vitamin
Regular multi-vitamins
Silver mouth spray
Maca root supplement
Gi Chi supplement
Examined for Gum Disease and was told I don’t have it.
Swishing and gargling with coconut oil.
Drinking Kefir and Kambucha
Zinc toothpaste
Not positive but I think I remember the alcohol based mouthwashes made the BB worse.
Even though eating does help. I have found so far that eating nuts does not help. (Doesn’t make it worse either, as far as I can tell.)

HERE’s WHAT I FOUND MAKES A DIFFERENCE 100%:
Do not have an empty stomach (This is a tried and true method, but only temporary)
Do not eat Garlic or Onions (You do hear this a lot. Once I tried it, I realized it works.)
Stop drinking Coffee (In my case I had to stop any form of Caffeine. Promotes acid reflux.)
Hydrate yourself (I try to over-do it at night and this seems to help.)
Do not eat ice cream or any milk products
I now eat only low fat meats, and mostly no red meat at all.
No nicotine products (Nicotine in general I learned promotes acid reflux)
NO fried foods.
No more mint(spearmint) gum. Promotes acid reflux(GERD).

Here’s what I found that I believe makes some of a difference:
Chlorhexidine (prescription mouth wash)
Tongue scraping
Gargling with peroxide
Hydrating myself a lot more often then I used to. (I drink water even when I am not thirsty.)
Working out a lot. Back to back to back. Sweating a lot. MAY have helped sometimes.
I don’t think plain/clear club soda/seltzer helps. (It may create more BB for me.)
Lowering my stress I believe helps.
I believe Gluten free foods made my BB worse.
Eating papaya may have helped sometimes, but not sure.

Like many of the posts on here. I have been promising myself to come back here and help the next sufferer, if I ever find a solution to this. I don’t want to confuse things. And I am not a doctor. But I think my BB changed. Or it was everywhere and now it is only in some places. It used to be at the level of being described as Fecal BB(at least that was the most prevalent smell). I'm not sure what changed or where it changed but the type of smell is different. And now, a few years later it just seems like typical dry mouth BB. This for me is manageable with diet. I originally was convinced it came from unbalanced gut flora. And I guzzled Kefir yogurt and took probiotics(gut and oral) for years. I don’t think these helped other than putting food in my stomach which holds off the BB temporarily. For a time, I thought I was diabetic, which some tests showed signs I could be pre-diabetic but those were never consistent enough to draw that conclusion. I do know, too much sugar(or any in my case), make for much worse breath, for me.

I would like to say more about my acid reflux. I didn’t really even feel it. I guess I was just used to the pain, or it actually wasn’t really debilitating so I just pressed on in life. Like you would if you had a pain in your foot. But it was there. And the over the counter pill plus the major diet changes(no caffeine, no milk, no fatty food) is what really pushed me into a life of normalcy(Basically no BB). This process took me 6-7 years. I took the Chlorhexidine in year 3. And I started on the antacids in year 6. I believe if I can get this diet to be almost perfect than I can possible consider myself CURED. For now, what I have is enough. I can live with this if I have to.

My regiment today is to stay away from nicotine, caffeine, sugar, milk, fatty food, and even bread. I brush with Sonic Care Breath Rx which I believe helps. I scrape and brush my tongue. If I have to, sometimes I gargle with hydrogen peroxide. And if I find myself eating poorly, I do rinse with Chlorhexidine every once in a while, but it is now very rare. The doctor who told me I had acid reflux, told me to eat a low fat, high fiber diet. I haven’t gotten around to the high fiber thing yet, but I am trying to get there. I’m learning there may not be one cure. But I can finally come back to you guys, and report that I have very good success with the things I am listing here.

I think what I have now is just the run of the mill, dry mouth(sometimes), garlicy(sometimes), typical BB that anyone else has. When I have an empty stomach, or if I do drink caffeine(even Green tea) for a couple days, it comes back worse. When I stick to the plan, it gets and stays better. Denial is a b**ch. So I hope my emphasizing what you ingest, drives home the changes you may have to make. Good luck. I hope this all helps someone.

KL123
Sheriff
Re: I hope this helps. 99 Percent BB Free.

Post by KL123 »

Seriously. This is all BS for me.
But glad that it worked for you.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

KL123 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:35 pm Seriously. This is all BS to me.
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

KL123 wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:35 pm Seriously. This is all BS for me.
harsh but fair :lol:
bb free)
Jaim618

Post by Jaim618 »

JustHereToHelp wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:33 pm Hi Guys,

I haven’t been on this site in about a year or two. I just read a post from Feb 11, 2020. And even though my remedies are different I am here today with a similar story. My BB probably started sometime around 2013/2014. Maybe sooner, but that is when I noticed it. Back then, the only way to describe it that made sense was the term Fecal BB. Which I believe I found on this website. It smelled like actually crap, or maybe even worse if that is possible. It lingered. It filled all rooms, especially small spaces like a subway car. It was absolute, pure misery. Go to a church or a school classroom? Not possible. I want to cry just thinking about the hell that it was for those years. I tried every option that did not require surgery and after all this time, I am content with my results.

I used to read on here, people posting they had the majority of their BB cured. And I would barely read their post until I found someone who was more confident. Today I am saying to you, that 97-99% is good enough for me, and I will keep trying. After reading many many articles online, or posts on here, I tried a number of home remedies, which I will mention. But the change didn’t begin until I went to a dentist and he prescribed Chlorhexidine, plus a 7 day dose of Metronidazole antibiotic, and mouth spray with CPC(Cetilpyridinium). It didn’t eliminate the BB right away and it was even somewhat still there after a year. I used the Chlorhexidine mouth wash regularly, as prescribed, and went to his quarterly cleanings. I will not promote his name but he is in NYC. And honestly, he was a jerk, and claimed to invent a treatment that CURED BB. But I learned all he was doing is prescribing chlorhexidine, which is common. I was not CURED after a year and a half and I stopped going to him. I will say though that this did help a lot and it got me started. He promised a 100% cure. And after 1 year or more I told him it was 70% better and he told me that’s all he can do. This is after taking my initial $3000 and then charging my insurance for each quarterly cleaning. The best instruction I got from him was to not have an empty stomach. This was very helpful but not a “cure”. The other big thing I got from him was the immense hopelessness I felt after spending all of that money and time and the BB wasn't gone. That is when I got very serious about my diet and eventually(THANKFULLY) found out about my acid reflux.

I got an endoscopy less than a year ago, and I was told I had acid reflux. Which I do. But because it wasn’t severe I always just ignored it. This doctor told me to take over the counter antacids. I take one pill a day, not the chewy kind. And this worked A LOT to reduce my BB. On top of this, he gave me instructions on what to eat. And more importantly what not to eat. I will list all of these also.

Before I found any real success, I spent a few years trying various things that didn’t help much at all:
Teeth cleanings
Tongue scraping (Eventually I tried this again and it does help. But alone, in the beginning I had no positive results.)
Vitamins – B, C, D
Tested negative for SIBO
Chlorophyll
Lauricidin
Multi-mineral vitamin
Regular multi-vitamins
Silver mouth spray
Maca root supplement
Gi Chi supplement
Zinc toothpaste
Not positive but I think I remember the alcohol based mouthwashes made the BB worse.
Even though eating does help. I have found so far that eating nuts does not help. (Doesn’t make it worse either, as far as I can tell.)

Do not have an empty stomach (This is a tried and true method, but only temporary)
Do not eat Garlic or Onions (You do hear this a lot. Once I tried it, I realized it works.)
Stop drinking Coffee (In my case I had to stop any form of Caffeine. Promotes acid reflux.)
NO fried foods.

Tongue scraping
Gargling with peroxide
Hydrating myself a lot more often then I used to. (I drink water even when I am not thirsty.)
Working out a lot. Back to back to back. Sweating a lot. MAY have helped sometimes.
I don’t think plain/clear club soda/seltzer helps. (It may create more BB for me.)

Like many of the posts on here. I have been promising myself to come back here and help the next sufferer, if I ever find a solution to this. I don’t want to confuse things. And I am not a doctor. But I think my BB changed. Or it was everywhere and now it is only in some places. It used to be at the level of being described as Fecal BB(at least that was the most prevalent smell). I'm not sure what changed or where it changed but the type of smell is different. And now, a few years later it just seems like typical dry mouth BB. This for me is manageable with diet. I originally was convinced it came from unbalanced gut flora. And I guzzled Kefir yogurt and took probiotics(gut and oral) for years. I don’t think these helped other than putting food in my stomach which holds off the BB temporarily. For a time, I thought I was diabetic, which some tests showed signs I could be pre-diabetic but those were never consistent enough to draw that conclusion. I do know, too much sugar(or any in my case), make for much worse breath, for me.

I would like to say more about my acid reflux. I didn’t really even feel it. I guess I was just used to the pain, or it actually wasn’t really debilitating so I just pressed on in life. Like you would if you had a pain in your foot. But it was there. And the over the counter pill plus the major diet changes(no caffeine, no milk, no fatty food) is what really pushed me into a life of normalcy(Basically no BB). This process took me 6-7 years. I took the Chlorhexidine in year 3. And I started on the antacids in year 6. I believe if I can get this diet to be almost perfect than I can possible consider myself CURED. For now, what I have is enough. I can live with this if I have to.

My regiment today is to stay away from nicotine, caffeine, sugar, milk, fatty food, and even bread. I brush with Sonic Care Breath Rx which I believe helps. I scrape and brush my tongue. If I have to, sometimes I gargle with hydrogen peroxide. And if I find myself eating poorly, I do rinse with Chlorhexidine every once in a while, but it is now very rare. The doctor who told me I had acid reflux, told me to eat a low fat, high fiber diet. I haven’t gotten around to the high fiber thing yet, but I am trying to get there. I’m learning there may not be one cure. But I can finally come back to you guys, and report that I have very good success with the things I am listing here.

I think what I have now is just the run of the mill, dry mouth(sometimes), garlicy(sometimes), typical BB that anyone else has. When I have an empty stomach, or if I do drink caffeine(even Green tea) for a couple days, it comes back worse. When I stick to the plan, it gets and stays better. Denial is a b**ch. So I hope my emphasizing what you ingest, drives home the changes you may have to make. Good luck. I hope this all helps someone.
I went to the same Dr... what a jerk! Looked me straight in the eye and told me my BB was gone. What a liar. None of it worked for me. Glad u had results.
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

I told myself I wasn’t going to reply to any of the posts here. I think I even disabled the ability for people to email me. I just wanted to do my part and pass on any info if I thought it was truly worth while.

I journaled all of my attempts over the years of what I tried and what the results were. I wrote down ideas I got from places like this website. And one at a time I went through them. After about a year or two of the Fecal BB, I knew denial was not going to get me anywhere and I just obsessed about finding a cure. I am older then 40 and this all started in my early to mid-30’s. I lived more than 30 years without ever thinking of my breath except the occasional garlic knot or morning breath. I read about people on here that have had it since teenage years and some of them were now in their 40’s and 50’s. These stories blew my mind. The trauma I experienced in my first 3+ years of this BB will always be with me. And I don’t take it for granted that I don’t have it to the degree that I did back then. Soon after I read KL123’s post I thought it would be great if I could quit my job and just help all people suffering from this pure hell. I can relate and I know how it feels. I at the very least want to say that. And I felt the same as you about alot of people’s stories and remedies.

I think I realize now I wasn’t as clear as I could have been. So, I hope this additional info helps. I mentioned that my BB changed. It did. The original hell was Fecal BB in my opinion. I could not be in a car with someone, ever. And I believe for certain that the year and a half of swishing and gargling with the Chlorhexidine prescription mouthwash is what knocked out 70% of that BB, and ultimately the Fecal part has not been back since. So that is a success. And if you have Fecal BB, you know that is a MAJOR success. And maybe I’m being hard on myself with the 30% but like I said for 30 years I never thought about my breath so I wanted that old life back. The second thing I want to make clear is that if I stop taking the antacid a large part of that 30% comes back. That’s partly because I don’t eat the perfect diet that the gastro doctor told me to. But with the pill and a 80% perfect diet I am 97-99% BB free. The ultimate goal and one that is the only real success is to not have to take the pill and still be BB free. And I believe from some successful experimenting already that if I can elliminate all I mentioned in my previous post and add all I mentioned (Low fat/High Fiber/No Nico-Caff-Sug-Milk-Bread) then I may see a real 99-100% success. I am happy with what I have but it is not the ultimate goal.

Also, I don’t drink alcohol. Haven’t for about 15 years. I imagine if I wasn’t already abstaining from that it would probably be on the list of things to stay away from also.

And also just to mention. One side effect of taking the Chlorhexidine alot is a black staining of your teeth. It is worth it in my opinion, and so far any cleaning I had during that time when I was using it every week, the stain came off with the cleaning.

Some additional thoughts in case it helps anyone. What I did was completely drown myself in everything I could find online about BB. And I checked the results of other people with what I thought I could identify with, or something that I thought was attainable for me. For example, for the first couple years I didn’t have dental insurance. So I only got cleanings. I heard about infections in rotted crowns. I didn’t have the money to try that so I tried what I could afford and what I had access to. In year 3 I had insurance but I still had to pay the $3000 to the dentist who prescribed the chlorhexidine. That is and was alot of money for me. It was more then I had to give. But I was desperate. And it turned out to be worth the money for me.

Online if someone said they had always had BB, I really didn’t read that many of them. I just looked for people who had a similar story to me. Ones who said it just started later in their life. I don’t know if that research method helped or hurt me, but that was how I got focused. There’s no way I was going to let this thing ruin me. I knew there would be no one more than me who would take this thing to resolution.

I got the endoscopy this past year. I went under anesthisia for this. This is not a freaking joke. I have a child. And a happy home. And I allowed someone to knock me out limp for 2 hrs while they probed my insides from both directions. My wife in the waiting room saying I love you(just in case I didn’t wake up). All to find out what the heck was going on with me. This thing is very tough, I get it. Thankfully something has come from my efforts so far.

The main suggestion I’d like to pass on is, try one thing at a time and journal your results. If it’s a bottle of medicine, try the whole bottle(not at once). Give everything a chance and keep track of what works some, what works alot, and what doesn’t work at all. This will help you.

The list of things I gave in my post is not from my memory. It is from me going through 6-7 years of journals to help pass on the most accurate, and hopefully useful info I could give to you all.

It took me 2-3 days to go through my journals to create the original post. I owed this thoroughness to you guys. To the people that passed on their experiences to me. And there were a number of things that didn’t make the list because they were inconclusive. I tried to be as direct as I could. Because I know it’s hard to imagine it would take all of this work. So I tried to trim the fat a little and just state them like the results of a research study.

I personally wanted to believe it would be one pill, or one mouthwash, or toothpaste. For me, that was not the case. The important part for me was what DID NOT help. Knowing that helped me find what did. Again I really do hope it helps. And I understand if it doesn’t. Don’t give up.
JennyMiller
Total Newbie

Post by JennyMiller »

Hi friends, does anyone here smells like spoiled rice? My breath smells like spoiled rice i dont know what to do. Been suffering for 10 years. 😭
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

JennyMiller wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:06 am Hi friends, does anyone here smells like spoiled rice? My breath smells like spoiled rice i dont know what to do. Been suffering for 10 years. 😭
Feel blessed.
Talk about us, chronic fecal breadth that is picked by folks 20 feet, and no cure.
JennyMiller
Total Newbie

Post by JennyMiller »

Hello KL123, Sorry for my bad english, im suicidal now im 24 years old living this curse, my breath smells like spoiled rice 24/7. I take probitiocs, thera breath mouth spray, nasal spray but no effect. I dont smoke i dont drink alcohol I still have bb.😭😭
mauricio
Advanced

Post by mauricio »

JennyMiller wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:21 am I take probitiocs, thera breath mouth spray, nasal spray but no effect
then why take'em, undergo exams for the GI tract.
bb free)
JennyMiller
Total Newbie

Post by JennyMiller »

Thank you for suggestions mauricio, right now i dont have enough money to go to doctors. I will try changing my diet first.
badbrlady

Post by badbrlady »

Hi what kind of antiacid do you take what brand?
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

I take Prilosec once a day.

But in order to be closest to cured, since my post I went back down the BB forum rabbit hole for a few days. And this time I saw a number of people claiming really good success with thorougly cleaning their Lingual tonsils.

So I got a metal tongue scraper which has been awesome. I tossed the plastic one. I also started a new experiment, brushing my tongue so deep I almost vomit, twice a day for a few days. I lightly gargled apple cidar vinegar, and peroxide/water 50/50 mix, with my tongue stuck out as much as I can while trying to keep the back of my throat wide. I haven’t been doing the gargling everyday twice a day, but when I do it does seem to make my mouth feel and smell like nothing whatsoever(except vinegar when I use that).

And I’ve been getting more and more strict with my diet. Also, I am trying not to eat nearly as often. It’s hard to get in that habit because I have found eating to fend off the stench in emergencies. But I read enough posts about success with fasting and I now remember success I had in the past with it but I never followed through on that experiment. This time I am not eating any breakfast until 5 minutes before I walk into work, and I don’t eat at least 3 hrs before I go to sleep. So it’s roughly a 12 hr fast including my sleep. So far I feel once again that my diet is a huge factor in whatever remains in my BB. And I imagine it was a factor from the beginning. I also have never given so much attention to cleaning the lIngual tonsils, so I believe this is making big difference.

I have other ideas and I’d like to refine my trial a bit more and have a longer period to base my conclusions off of so, I’ll post again in the future with what I find once I feel confident that I actually found something. Good luck to everyone.
9yearsStillFighting

Post by 9yearsStillFighting »

JustHereToHelp wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:33 pm Hi Guys,

Teeth cleanings
Vitamins – B, C, D
Tested negative for SIBO
Chlorophyll
Lauricidin
Multi-mineral vitamin
Regular multi-vitamins
Silver mouth spray
Maca root supplement
Gi Chi supplement
Zinc toothpaste

NO fried foods.

Tongue scraping
Gargling with peroxide

hey how are you doing today?
Freshhope
Junior

Post by Freshhope »

Does seem like a simple fix for you. Good for you. I would agree the dieting helps. I would say going dairy free, onion and garlic free, low sugar diet definitely helps but doesn’t eliminate... it’s just seem to keep the white coating on tongue at bay for a little longer... but eventually wins. Going dairy free I would say reduced people coughing to me but still get the nose touch with finger
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic